ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC

RUMORMAN104

Sep 5, 2008
What is the status as of now. I see The High, Erwin, Reynolds, and TC in no particular order seem to be battling it out, however, Erwin and Asheville will not play. What would the committee do if The Warriors and Coogs win out?

Looks like the remaining schedule is coming down to a 4A/3A determination for playoff purposes.

Since teams are not playing a full schedule, I don't see how there will be an overall conference champion recognized this year. Asheville/TC winner gets 4a and ACR/Erwin winner gets 3a with both being played on the extended day Nov 8th. The next 2 weeks are just for bragging rights and RPI

Thanks for the break down! I fully understand now. I remember when Reynolds, Tuscola, and Asheville had to fight for the two 4A slots back in the day.

Thanks for the break down! I fully understand now. I remember when Reynolds, Tuscola, and Asheville had to fight for the two 4A slots back in the day.
ACR and Tuscola the only 2 4A schools in the MAC 1993-1996. Then in 3A you had Asheville, Enka, Erwin, and TC Roberson. The ACR and Tuscola game in all sports decided your playoff fate!!!

I played from 86-89. Tuscola, ACR, The High held down 4A and Enka, E. Hendo, North Buncombe, Pisgah, and Erwin represented 3A. Those teams were all pretty tough regardless of record.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I played from 86-89. Tuscola, ACR, The High held down 4A and Enka, E. Hendo, North Buncombe, Pisgah, and Erwin represented 3A. Those teams were all pretty tough regardless of record.
Yes agreed but the Rockets of ACR ran WNC 1989 4A State Runners up!! That 1999 team had to be one of the best though

A few questions about the WMAC.

1st does ACR still have an independent website like the GOBIGGREEN back in the day? Other than what the TRUE record between the ACR and the HIGH (inside joke lol) this was a outstanding site to for MAC fans. I'm not sure how many play off spots are available.

How do you all seeing that last few games playing out?

How good is The High? Is ACR that much better that TCR, whom the Warriors barely escaped?

Who will get the top
Yes agreed but the Rockets of ACR ran WNC 1989 4A State Runners up!! That 1999 team had to be one of the best though
Yep. They were the team to beat. Even upset 7th ranked Tuscola that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT