ADVERTISEMENT

Wilkes Central - East Wilkes

East Wilkes was not the clear favorite. WC has 2 loses but they play a tougher schedule and have a deeper talent pool at their school.

I suppose it’s a subjective opinion. Like all opinions are. Going off common opponents, margin of victory and word-of-mouth, I would personally have thought East as the favorite. Like someone mentioned, a lot of things can change through the course of the season. I don’t think EW is an underdog here, regardless of what happened last week. I think both teams are pretty even keel.

I understand your point, but it really is hard to compare the scores with common opponents. Each coaching staff may handle the same opponent differently. One coach may play their starters longer or the other coach may attempt new styles of O or D to be able to add a new wrinkle later in the year.

I know of some East fans that were very confident before the outcome against the Elks, I have not been one of them. My take is East can win a close game with WC, however if there is a blowout it would be WC laying it to East. I hope I am wrong.

I have heard East has had a good week of practice so we will see. I am looking forward to Friday night.

You bring up some great points. I’ve seen how great of a team East can be. I am expecting a laser-focused, displined, and different approach to tomorrow’s game for East. I truly believe East losing to Elkin was a blessing in disguise and probably the worst thing for WC. We will see soon enough.

May be a real uphill battle for EW if the starting rb is out like last week. Playoffs coming up. I could understand them giving him another week to get better, if he's not fully healed.

I think Reid is out again this week. Seen Jesse in the backfield during warm ups and Reid in street clothes.

Yep. I figured so. He is still just a lil gimpy with the anlke. Offensively, they will be ok. Defense has to show and prove tonight. Hope they're up for the test. They will most certainly have their hands full!!

Yes sir. Offensively we should be fine. But the defense needs to step up and play lights out along with a few turnovers.

Looks like EW adjusted nothing in the secondary...catz are getting toasted and looking timid. WC looks explosive. EW missing Reid in the backfield. I see a blowout in the making 14-0 2:32 1st qtr. Wow. Could get way ugly. EW looks so timid right about now.

Offense looks way different without Reid. He didn't get enough credit. They miss him...bad!!

I like that he put Vestal and Couch out there on defense in the 4th quarter. Its 1a ball, that two platooning ain't worth a hill of beans when you have athletes that you need on the defensive side of the field on the sideline, watching the 1st string d stink it up.

Good Game WC. Boles is a beast. Look for him to actually get hit in the playoffs. He sure didn't get hit tonight by anyone on EW team. A lot of arm tackling and jersey grabbing, and he ran right through it all night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT