ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins the MOUNTAIN SIX conf?

Would not surprise me if there is a three-way tie for top spot.Gonna be hard for anyone to get through this without a loss.Brevard and Smoky are capable of upsetting any one of the top three.
On the bright side gonna be some great high school football games the next five weeks.If Bears can play defense first half like second half think they will be fine.

Hendersonville fortunate to get both Pisgah and franklin at home..but there home field advantage is minimal at best..no disrespect but I don't see Brevard in top 3 class and I don't see smoky being competitive against top 3

My pick is Pisgah, followed by Franklin and Hendo. I don't think Brevard is good enough to upset any of these 3 teams.

Poor East Henderson would be 2nd in some other conferences (and in the playoffs), but in this league they may not win a game, but those maxpreps rankings can be funny and put a lot on strength of schedule, not sure if EH will get to top 63 or 64 but it might be close, especially if they win another game....Smoky Mountain really needs to beat Madison this week to help its playoff chances, and probably makes the playoffs on strength of schedule, especially if they also beat East...this is probably the toughest 2A league in the state from top to bottom if the rankings and ratings are accurate (maxpreps, Simmons, etc.)...one wrinkle to keep in mind: You could see what appears on the surface to be a 3 way tie at the top, but lets say one of those teams in the 3 way tie beat the other two, but picked up its one loss from a team lower in the final standings, then i believe that team is still guaranteed a 1 seed in the state playoffs, then if the other two at the top go in the same bracket subdivision (2A or 2AA) as the 1, then they would get a 2....if the other two both go to the opposite subdivision, then whoever won their head to head meeting would get a 1, and the other would get either a 2 or 3 (i think a 3 but not sure)

I think bottom three will be a fight to keep from finishing last. Brevard has pretty good defense but not much offense. I seen east hendo they can score but can't hardly stop anybody. I don't see any of the three beating any of the top three either.

Hendersonville has the best chance to make noise in the playoffs, Franklin is a solid team , just don't have the team speed to advance in playoffs. Pisgah has zero speed,watch them in person against Murphy. Brevard has a decent defense no playmakers on offense. East Henderson and smokey are getting better every week.

Hendersonville has the best chance to make noise in the playoffs, Franklin is a solid team , just don't have the team speed to advance in playoffs. Pisgah has zero speed,watch them in person against Murphy. Brevard has a decent defense no playmakers on offense. East Henderson and smokey are getting better every week.

i get so mad i could spit everytime i think about the brevard talent that is gone to other schools. east's qb, and the two kids that transferred to ac reynolds then christ school are the type of difference makers that used to make big blue a powerhouse. nobody has kept the talent around since essenberg retired.

Hendersonville is beyind
Hendersonville is beyond SOFT..they are very average at best w the o line and as usual still not good on defense..look for franklin to run the ball at will and put pressure on QB on def..

Franklin been to 3rd round 4 times in 7 years and semis once. Id be interested in knowing how many 2a or 3a teams from mountains have done that..

I expect the pa
As we saw in last nights JV 42-0 blowout, Soft will get you beat, Looking for the Panthers to make a huge statement tonight
PANTHERS to fill the visitors side and I fully expect Hendersonville to take Franklin's best shot and they won't like it

FHS 49
Charmin 21

Finally this league has a team with speed, Franklin makes it to the 3 round and always gets killed by a team with athletes lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT