Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Princeton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Rowan

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Manteo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Holmes will not only win the east but win easily off the back of the best rb in nc. Lock it up, this is the year that Holmes finally beats Tarboro

Might win but won’t be easily.
I can respect that. I'm sure everyone will doubt me but I have seen first hand just how good Edenton is. Unlike years past they have one heckuva defense and obviously they have Stanley. This kid is a special player who has only gotten better

Also, maybe not you, but northeastern fans have been telling us for three years now, edenton was going to beat us. I respect them and I respect their program, but it’s not like we’ve fallen off a lot since last year.

I can respect that. I'm sure everyone will doubt me but I have seen first hand just how good Edenton is. Unlike years past they have one heckuva defense and obviously they have Stanley. This kid is a special player who has only gotten better

Tarboro's defense has had Holmes number the last 2 years winning 48 - 7 and 50 - 7. Let's face it, Holmes did not score until Tarboro put the game out of reach. So this year they are going to make up that 40 point deficit? I doubt it. Tarboro's defense made the Ace's 2,000 plus yards running backs look rather average on both nights. Don't get me wrong, I love the Ace's offense. They can wear out an average defense... but Tarboro's defense is anything but average. This is one game I always look forward to because Holmes resume indicates that they should really challenge the Vikings but I have been disappointed both years at what Holmes brought to the table. Maybe this year they will surprise me.

Holmes will not only win the east but win easily off the back of the best rb in nc. Lock it up, this is the year that Holmes finally beats Tarboro
Anyone can lose on any given game but to say its going to be easy is very disrespectful, but best of luck to Holmes during the playoffs.

Anyone can lose on any given game but to say its going to be easy is very disrespectful, but best of luck to Holmes during the playoffs.

I'm not a Holmes fan. I've seen both Tarboro and Holmes play this yr. Tarboro has always had Edenton's number, I don't see that being the case this year. I honestly believe Edenton will have an easy time with Tarboro, they are that we'll rounded. Im not saying they will blow them out but I do think theyll come out with a 10+ pt victory.Their defense is nasty, and everyone knows how good their running game is. I liked what I saw in their qb, he was very poised under pressure and could throw well when needed. I'm not positive but I think he may be the coaches son. They came into Elizabeth City and beat a very solid Northeastern that will be a top contender in the running for the eastern c ship over the next few weeks. The coach at Holmes is really good as well, if I'm not mistaken I believe he won a state title coaching at the 4a level here in NC.

Reactions: bud33345
based On what you saw ,what makes you say they’ll have an easy game?? You said they’re well rounded? I’m assuming your take away after seeing tarboro was we were not? I get it if you predict them to win, there a great program, respectable program, great coaches , and you guys are from the same area. Again, like I said earlier, northeastern fans have predicted edenton to beat us every year, but to say they’re going to win easily is a stretch in my opinion.

Reactions: daagoob
I'm not a Holmes fan. I've seen both Tarboro and Holmes play this yr. Tarboro has always had Edenton's number, I don't see that being the case this year. I honestly believe Edenton will have an easy time with Tarboro, they are that we'll rounded. Im not saying they will blow them out but I do think theyll come out with a 10+ pt victory.Their defense is nasty, and everyone knows how good their running game is. I liked what I saw in their qb, he was very poised under pressure and could throw well when needed. I'm not positive but I think he may be the coaches son. They came into Elizabeth City and beat a very solid Northeastern that will be a top contender in the running for the eastern c ship over the next few weeks. The coach at Holmes is really good as well, if I'm not mistaken I believe he won a state title coaching at the 4a level here in NC.
Last time i checked Tarboro is well rounded also! But hey..To each is own. Only time will tell

Last time i checked Tarboro is well rounded also! But hey..To each is own. Only time will tell
I think he is referring to the offense being more well rounded. While Tarboro is as dominant of a run team as you will ever see their pass game is non existent. Very one dimensional on offense.

based On what you saw ,what makes you say they’ll have an easy game?? You said they’re well rounded? I’m assuming your take away after seeing tarboro was we were not? I get it if you predict them to win, there a great program, respectable program, great coaches , and you guys are from the same area. Again, like I said earlier, northeastern fans have predicted edenton to beat us every year, but to say they’re going to win easily is a stretch in my opinion.
I explained the easily in my post. Maybe I could've worded it differently. I believe Holmes win by 10+. In my eyes that would be a fairly comfortable win. There's only about 4 of us from NE up here. I did predict them to win last yr but that was just because no one was giving them a chance. I did it to stir the thread up some. I dont believe any other NE poster predicted an Edenton win. This yr I had the opportunity to catch my first Tarboro since they had Gurley and played in Edenton that yr. As most I was impressed but they didn't look close to as impressive as Holmes did against us. That Stanley kid is the real deal. In 2018 he had an outstanding yr and ran for 200 plus almost every game. When the Eagles came to town they shut him down and held him to under 100 yards. Fast forward to 2019 and he ran thru our stout defense like a hot knife thru butter. I'm not sure of the total yards he ended up with but I'm sure it was close to 300.

Edenton will only kickoff once that game the rest of the night they will be punting … You can't find a 1AA team in the state of NC that can walk into VIKING STADIUM and beat TARBORO...So bring that one trick pony to the show and he's gonna get shutdown.... Don't base your season off beating NE because NE beat Rocky Mount easily and TARBORO was pushing RM all over the field before that game got called for rain... stop relying on analytics to win you a championship and come on down to TARBORO....I guarantee you won't like the results!!!!

I think he is referring to the offense being more well rounded. While Tarboro is as dominant of a run team as you will ever see their pass game is non existent. Very one dimensional on offense.
Yea you haven't been keeping up with Tarboro lately lol. They've been passing it more this season but its ok to be "one dimensional" when it has u winning. Tarboro is on a 41 game win streak by beining "one demensional" so we'll take it!

Reactions: CatDad312
I dont care how great your team is, no one in 1A is beating Tarboro until TARBORO falls off. Tarboro themselves have to be weaker than their standards, because if they are up to their par, another team's best just isn't better. I've said it before...it's not their offense. It's their defense. Gaps are plugged. Top notch sideline to sideline speed. Edges contained. Qb always under pressure. I mean, look at the numbers. Edenton will have 7 points going into the 4th.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Some want to compare who Edenton has beat this year into relation of how well they will do with Tarboro? Ok...I'll play. Does anyone think the Aces would beat Southwest Edgecombe? I
I got Tarboro by 40. If the Aces score a TD that would be an accomplishment.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
"An easy time with Tarboro". Where the hell you been?

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Tarboro been smacking every body down for years. This year will be no different

Yea, no issue with saying a team can beat us, bc we can most certainly be beat! But them doing it easily, a bit of a head scratcher.

I hear ya Goob! Problem is...If you put Tarboro anywhere over there in the 2A east bracket they become the favorite instead of it being a Clinton "maybe favorite" kinda thing in my opinion. I would pick them no question.

I hear ya Goob! Problem is...If you put Tarboro anywhere over there in the 2A east bracket they become the favorite instead of it being a Clinton "maybe favorite" kinda thing in my opinion. I would pick them no question.

Same could be said for Holmes imo. They beat a good NE team

Every year it’s the same song and dance from Edenton brag on and on about the great RBs and about they going to come smack Tarboro in the mouth.. while Tarboro respects that program Edenton will the same road block to the state championship again and its name is Tarboro. Stop bragging about whooping Tarboro when you haven’t done it yet and you get blown out. One RB isn’t enough even if he was the best in the state going to be hard to run against Tarboro defense. We hear about the same RB every year blah blah blah

Every year it’s the same song and dance from Edenton brag on and on about the great RBs and about they going to come smack Tarboro in the mouth.. while Tarboro respects that program Edenton will the same road block to the state championship again and its name is Tarboro. Stop bragging about whooping Tarboro when you haven’t done it yet and you get blown out. One RB isn’t enough even if he was the best in the state going to be hard to run against Tarboro defense. We hear about the same RB every year blah blah blah

Well spoken, understood.
Best of luck to your Vikes

While I appreciate Goob’s enthusiasm, confidence and support for his fellow NENC football teams, please keep in mind that he is a Northeastern fan. I don’t believe there have been any Edenton Holmes’ fans on this thread or any other thread bragging about what we are going to do to Tarboro.

While I appreciate Goob’s enthusiasm, confidence and support for his fellow NENC football teams, please keep in mind that he is a Northeastern fan. I don’t believe there have been any Edenton Holmes’ fans on this thread or any other thread bragging about what we are going to do to Tarboro.

Very true Aceswild. I stated in my post that I was a NE guy. I should be entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. I understand Holmes always loses bad to Tarboro but that won't always be the case. This yr I had the chance to see both teams play. Holmes just looks like the better team. The defense at Tarboro is always good yr in and yr out. The same can't be said for Edenton. This yr is different, Edenton's defense is nasty and they have a much improved and even more explosive rb in Mitjonta Stanley. He is so much better than last season. Coach Hoggard is a proven winner that can win on the big stage. Don't think for one minute that Edenton under the direction of Hoggard can't win against Tarboro. If you think that then your in for a rude awakening. Holmes is for real this year and Aceswild I believe you know it. You won't say it but you know I'm telling the truth. I like the Aces by 10+. You can check my track record over the last couple of yrs up here with Northeastern. I've been pretty spot on with my predictions. Don't think for one minute that the Aces coaches and players don't think they can't beat Tarboro

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Very true Aceswild. I stated in my post that I was a NE guy. I should be entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. I understand Holmes always loses bad to Tarboro but that won't always be the case. This yr I had the chance to see both teams play. Holmes just looks like the better team. The defense at Tarboro is always good yr in and yr out. The same can't be said for Edenton. This yr is different, Edenton's defense is nasty and they have a much improved and even more explosive rb in Mitjonta Stanley. He is so much better than last season. Coach Hoggard is a proven winner that can win on the big stage. Don't think for one minute that Edenton under the direction of Hoggard can't win against Tarboro. If you think that then your in for a rude awakening. Holmes is for real this year and Aceswild I believe you know it. You won't say it but you know I'm telling the truth. I like the Aces by 10+. You can check my track record over the last couple of yrs up here with Northeastern. I've been pretty spot on with my predictions. Don't think for one minute that the Aces coaches and players don't think they can't beat Tarboro
Ok, we all hear you loud and clear

I gotcha. I am going to let you tote the load though. I’m gun shy from the last two eastern finals.

I gotcha. I am going to let you tote the load though. I’m gun shy from the last two eastern finals.

I guess If I was a Holmes fan I would be to. I'm not though and I'm looking at it as someone who has no dog in the fight. I also try to look at it as if I was betting a good amount of cash. Who would I feel more confident with my cash on the line. No question in my choice. I honestly like Holmes, shouldn't be an issue with anyone. Especially since I'm the only poster up here that likes Holmes in this potential game.

I guess If I was a Holmes fan I would be to. I'm not though and I'm looking at it as someone who has no dog in the fight. I also try to look at it as if I was betting a good amount of cash. Who would I feel more confident with my cash on the line. No question in my choice. I honestly like Holmes, shouldn't be an issue with anyone. Especially since I'm the only poster up here that likes Holmes in this potential game.

No problem with me daagoob. This matchup needs some excitement after the last two years.

Goob what’s Northeastern gonna have the next few years? That JV team that came to Tarboro this year looked very very weak. Lot of sophomores on varsity or something?

No problem with me daagoob. This matchup needs some excitement after the last two years.

You got that right. I think everyone including Tarboro fans would like to see a team come in and really challenge the Vikes. I know as a Northeastern fan last year it was refreshing to finally get challenged in our last game which unfortunately for us was a loss to Reidsville. We pretty much went unchallenged all year and the games were boring. You guys are a dynasty over in Tarboro with a track record that is unbelievable. So many top professionals have come out of that small town it's crazy. I compare Tarboro to what Kinston is in basketball.

Goob what’s Northeastern gonna have the next few years? That JV team that came to Tarboro this year looked very very weak. Lot of sophomores on varsity or something?

Our jv team is very bad. Our varsity team is very young and we aren't losing very many players. Our biggest loss will be 3* ODU commit 6'5 Adrian Spellman. We return 6'4 235lb sophomore All American Kaveon Freshwater, our qb, our fullback Quasi Thomas who has a lot of ACC schools watching him, and we are picking up two huge players. One from from VA and one from Fl. One is a 4* top 150 recruit, the other is a top 200 recruit. Both are going to make an immediate impact here. They will both be playing their senior seasons here. So I think next year is going to be special, hopefully anyway.

just for fun here are the calpreps predictions for the 1st round Matchups

#8 South Stokes 38
#9 Hobbton 31

#5 Princeton 56
#12 East Carteret 7

#6 Manteo 42
#11 Riverside 24

#7 North Stanly 35
#10 South Stanly 20

Reactions: 35Lead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts