Who wins South Columbus or East Bladen?

• South Columbus

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • East Bladen

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define 'back'
Instead of just winning conference championships we'll be "back" in the race for state. We've been a school for25 years and we've got 20 conference championships in that time. A down year for us is winning the conference and losing in the 3rd round chief.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
Once again congrants to the Stallions on a big win...if anybody understands the struggle and frustration i do had to wait years for my Dark Horses to climb out the cellar.....that's a good win against a top 20 team in 2A....just goes to show out east we don't need that spread offense sometimes nothing beats just running the ball....the Wing T and the full house T formation will always be my favorite offenses in HS football

To be honest and taking nothing away from South Columbus' win, I don't think either team is that good. It was not pleasurable to watch IMO. Fumbles, penalties, lack of execution, walking around. Mostly on the part of EB....It was just not fun to watch. Maybe it was because we lost but I really think I would have said the same thing if we had won. Maybe first game jitters, IDK but if EBHS doesn't get it together quick we could be looking at a long season. We have Whiteville, St Pauls, and Laney coming up before conference. Could be 1-3 maybe 0-4 going into conference. I didn't like what I saw at all Friday Night.

So now the Eagles "just ain't that good" before the game people was saying they was gone win in a blowout... Of course it was sloppy first game of the season.... Nobody is in a routine yet... Both teams will be alright ....as someone else stated this game could've easily been a blow out in the Stallions favor if it wasn't for the special teams play...

Once again congrants to the Stallions on a big win...if anybody understands the struggle and frustration i do had to wait years for my Dark Horses to climb out the cellar.....that's a good win against a top 20 team in 2A....just goes to show out east we don't need that spread offense sometimes nothing beats just running the ball....the Wing T and the full house T formation will always be my favorite offenses in HS football

DH34 while I respect your opinion, I disagree to a certain degree. I think you have to be balanced. Spread is obviously more fun to watch, no huddle, quick throws, runs, etc.
however, if you NEVER throw or can't throw any, then come state championship time, the teams who are balanced can pick and choose what they wanna do based on the defense strengths and weaknesses. To many times I've seen teams who line up to run against a box stacked with 11 daring them to pass, and the team doesn't/can't. I'm not saying Wing-T or Fullhouse like or beloved darkhorses run isn't a great offensive scheme but to be able to run and pass would atleast make teams have to prepare for more than run right, run left, because come playoff time, those teams can stop the run, and if you can't atleast complete a few passes or 2 to if nothing else keep them honest, your doomed. Example, if Shelby gets behind, they can pass there way back In it and not use a lot of clock, other teams like to ground and pound, that takes a lot of time. If your behind, u can't ground and pound late in games with limited time, and if you can't pass, well then u know the deal. Not saying it's not a good scheme, just think being Balanced would present more opportunities for your offense against those really good defenses.

To be honest and taking nothing away from South Columbus' win, I don't think either team is that good. It was not pleasurable to watch IMO. Fumbles, penalties, lack of execution, walking around. Mostly on the part of EB....It was just not fun to watch. Maybe it was because we lost but I really think I would have said the same thing if we had won. Maybe first game jitters, IDK but if EBHS doesn't get it together quick we could be looking at a long season. We have Whiteville, St Pauls, and Laney coming up before conference. Could be 1-3 maybe 0-4 going into conference. I didn't like what I saw at all Friday Night.
EB was favored to win and now they're not that good? Man come on. If EB plays Whiteville tomorrow EB wins. I've watched EB and Whiteville play this year. Whiteville will get better as the season goes but right now they look out of sink. South has a damn good Defense and that's why they didn't give up but one offensive TD. Yeah it was first game jitters but don't take anything away from either team. And I also think it was really fun to watch. Even if South would have lost our fans and team were having fun because we've been in a cloud the past two years. south usually stacks its first four games with really good teams and we have been 0-4 the past two years out the gate. Feels good to get that win and they're only going to get better.

DH34 while I respect your opinion, I disagree to a certain degree. I think you have to be balanced. Spread is obviously more fun to watch, no huddle, quick throws, runs, etc.
however, if you NEVER throw or can't throw any, then come state championship time, the teams who are balanced can pick and choose what they wanna do based on the defense strengths and weaknesses. To many times I've seen teams who line up to run against a box stacked with 11 daring them to pass, and the team doesn't/can't. I'm not saying Wing-T or Fullhouse like or beloved darkhorses run isn't a great offensive scheme but to be able to run and pass would atleast make teams have to prepare for more than run right, run left, because come playoff time, those teams can stop the run, and if you can't atleast complete a few passes or 2 to if nothing else keep them honest, your doomed. Example, if Shelby gets behind, they can pass there way back In it and not use a lot of clock, other teams like to ground and pound, that takes a lot of time. If your behind, u can't ground and pound late in games with limited time, and if you can't pass, well then u know the deal. Not saying it's not a good scheme, just think being Balanced would present more opportunities for your offense against those really good defenses.
I really agree with this post. Have to mix the pass in to get further in playoffs.

It's no secret the only time SC has been to the state championship is the only time they had a passing attack... If you cannot throw the ball you will only go so far.

....very true Core....and I think with the QB the Stallions have the passing attack will materialize.....(passing attack will get better..... for Inyourdome24/7).....I think (which is scary) that Coach Dove see's it will take a balanced attack to contend...and he is knowledgeable enough to incorporate (start working on it.... for inyourdome24/7) the passing option....

Geeeze anything is better than what we had....

Sad to hear that EB is not that good this year....always liked and pulled for the Eagles....better luck next year guys.....

EB was at best the 3rd best team in the 4 county conference. Maybe worse than that after Friday. Congrats again on the win though.

I understand u have to have some type of passing game further in the postseason I was just saying a lot of guys mainly out west think the running offensee are out of date and not compatible of winning titles........just my opinion but nothing beats a stout defense and a strong running attack......remember 05 we beat Lincolnton without completing a single pass.....

Sorry if I didn't give SC credit. I know it was a big win for ya'll with what you went through the last couple of years. I'm just calling it like I see it. It was really more of a knock against the Eagles. SC came in a got the win but I still wouldn't be jumping up and down because of it. I'm not sure what that was on the Eagles sideline but it wasn't something I am used to seeing. There were some glaring deficiencies. I was expecting more out of my Eagles. A lot more. Now, I am really worried about Whiteville and Laney. I have seen tape on both and it will not be an easy task, especially the way we played Friday night. Then you have to take on WRH and Clinton not to mention Midway, Union, and West Bladen who gave us all we wanted last year. Unfortunately the only gimmies maybe Pender, Trask and St Pauls. Maybe it was just a bad game but we will have to get it together. If not, it may be a long season. Congrats to SC and Coach Dove. Good luck the rest of the season.

I understand u have to have some type of passing game further in the postseason I was just saying a lot of guys mainly out west think the running offensee are out of date and not compatible of winning titles........just my opinion but nothing beats a stout defense and a strong running attack......remember 05 we beat Lincolnton without completing a single pass.....

I agree, but if I recall, lincolnton didn't complete many either, they didn't have shelbys offense. We were almost a mirror image of each other. No a lot of spread em out philosophies on either side that day, but I get what u r saying for sure.

I agree, but if I recall, lincolnton didn't complete many either, they didn't have shelbys offense. We were almost a mirror image of each other. No a lot of spread em out philosophies on either side that day, but I get what u r saying for sure.

Lincolnton actually had a pretty prolific offense that year it was just a great gameplan by the defensive guru Jeff Sawvel and great plays by the entire defense Glenn Herring,Carol Olgesby,Ben Wright,Andrew Tilley,Brian Williams,Jamel Henry,JT Cox etc everyone played lights out on defense that game

ebhsfan you guys put it on Whiteville pretty well. I think your team is better than you thought. All teams have to work out the early season kinks and just be ready for late November or hopefully early December!

Yeah, I think we kinda turn a corner last week. I will tell you, the Whiteville week of practice was an eye opener for the players. Very tough week of practice but it showed in that performance. I was just frustrated with the way we played against you guys because I knew we were better than that. Good luck to SC throughout the year. Who knows maybe we will see ya'll again in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT