Who wins Mallard Creek or Butler??

Who wins...Mallard Creek or Butler??

• Mallard Creek

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Butler

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could have fooled me, you definitely seemed to have a lot on your chest about my comments........Like it was a build up and you just threw up all at once.
i fooled you then bro. like you said you stand up for your program I do the same. SC might not be MC but we damn sure are no program to take lightly. If you look back at my comment I didn't say anything negative about MC unless "Bully on the Block is negative". Maybe you had something built up?

Throw a rock into a pack of wild dogs, the one you hit will always holler. If you aren't guilty why scream? Never directed any comments towards you, but you took it upon yourself to chime in and play the victim. I WILL RUN MY MOUTH WHEN I PLEASE! REMEMBER?

Scotland is very much choke artist day in, and day out. That's a fact! Nothing really to stand up for. Don't hold MC to these high standard's when your program can't finish the job. You are who you are! I'm just making the MC consultants aware who happen to be Scotland fans.

Last edited:
Throw a rock into a pack of wild dogs, the one you hit will always holler. If you aren't guilty why scream? Never directed any comments towards you, but you took it upon yourself to chime in and play the victim. I WILL RUN MY MOUTH WHEN I PLEASE! REMEMBER?

Scotland is very much a underachieving program day in, and day out. That's a fact! Nothing really to stand up for. You are who you are! I'm just making the MC consultants aware who happen to be Scotland fans.
SC has disappointed the last 2 years (Dudley was the better team) I have said that louder than anyone to the point that some have told me to ease up but 75-11 over 5 years (or very close) - there are only a few teams that will keep their hands down if they were asked to sign up for that in advance. You stated that SC hadn't won a relevant game in years is just a part of your arrogance. There will be only one champ in each class but beating NB, ROSE, RC those are relevant games. Maybe not to you but to 99% of the folks on this board they would agree. We will agree to disagree bro but again I would never block you (again that is a part of your arrogance to think that you are that important) Sorry to disappoint!

SC has disappointed the last 2 years (Dudley was the better team) I have said that louder than anyone to the point that some have told me to ease up but 75-11 over 5 years (or very close) - there are only a few teams that will keep their hands down if they were asked to sign up for that in advance. You stated that SC hadn't won a relevant game in years is just a part of your arrogance. There will be only one champ in each class but beating NB, ROSE, RC those are relevant games. Maybe not to you but to 99% of the folks on this board they would agree. We will agree to disagree bro but again I would never block you (again that is a part of your arrogance to think that you are that important) Sorry to disappoint!

I appreciate the compliments. I'm arrogant and you have some serious insecurities. I hope your able to work that out.

Scotland is very much choke artist day in, and day out. That's a fact! Nothing really to stand up for. You are who you are! I'm just making the MC consultants aware who happen to be Scotland fans.
Go Scots!!!!!!!!

OK mr. I will run my mouth when i please! And you stop playing the victim.
Never a victim bro but I will run my mouth until my last breath because I can take it and dish it out. See you have the same issue I have you are bullheaded. You don't have to agree. From Mr. Big Mouth to Mr. Arrogant enjoyed it but time to go. I think this has been beat to death.

Guys simmer down it is the first game of the season Dillon is a very talented team and have won a lot of state titles so i commend mallard creek on scheduling them. They could have schedule a cream puff to open with and won 70-0 but what does that prove? Now if we can get back to the game this thread was talking about Butler vs Mallard Creek will be a good one. After seeing butler this past week i know they will be ready and wont back down to the back to back state champs. I expect baring good weather both teams will fair well throwing the ball. Butler has really good leadership and talent on the defensive side of the ball. Mallard Creek broke in a new QB on the road i look to see him settle down and hit his stride at some point. Scotland fans you all have some thing else to focus on such as what you can control. You guys are blessed to have one of the nations top running back in your back yard. I would focus on us before i throw stones at another team.

The Creek loses to Butler, Byrnes, and South Pointe....possibly one other.

After Friday's showing against a 2A team...well...nevermind.

2a or not. Classification is not even relevant. Props to Dillion. Wud have to give the edge to butler on this due to their offense.

I think MC will be able to establish the run game this week which will be the difference maker but MC needs to really focus on covering the vertical passing game. Their DBs and coverage LBs get out of position too often or let their fundamentals slip.

The Creek loses to Butler, Byrnes, and South Pointe....possibly one other.

After Friday's showing against a 2A team...well...nevermind.

98' Champion....you are definitely a troll. You obviously do not keep track of other schools from last Friday. I doubt that The Creek will lose to Byrnes since Byrnes lost handily last Friday to Myrtle Beach 35-19 The Creek usually get better each week and by the time the playoff comes around, they are downright nasty. The best time to get The Creek is early part of the year.

As other posters said, once Shelby schedule 4A schools and strong schools from SC, you can start talking. Shelby have not play a strong team beside Shelby Crest for a long time. I respect Thomasville whole lot more than Shelby. Allen Brown, the former coach for Thomasville would schedule 4A schools and 3A schools consistently. Heck, Thomasville beat Davie County in 2010 and Davie County went to State Final in 4A (not 4AA). . Now Thomasville has new coach since last year and I am sure they change the schedule to their liking. (AD and Coach) . By the way, Thomasville in 2010 was 1AA school. That shows me Thomasville had more "balls" than Shelby!

I do know there are great Shelby fans and posters.. You are hurting them as far as getting on 4A board. Mallard Creek has balls to schedule powerhouse teams each year. In fact, I do not think Shelby has single powerhouse team this year??? Crest lost last Friday so they seems to be a bit down eh??????

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
I just mentioned a convincing win is needed and that is pretty evident. 7 pts and not crossing the opponents 40 in the second half deserves comment. In no way would I intend to discredit the MC program. MC has what we all want, good luck on your year.

G2-Ortiz-Slam.gif
I love your video posts, they crack me up. Why is Scotland disrespecting Mallard Creek? At worst, they played terrible and won. How many teams play terrible and win against a quality opponent? By the way I heard the refs were outstanding...................outstanding in the parking lot pounding beers before the game! LOL :)

I love your video posts, they crack me up. Why is Scotland disrespecting Mallard Creek? At worst, they played terrible and won. How many teams play terrible and win against a quality opponent? By the way I heard the refs were outstanding...................outstanding in the parking lot pounding beers before the game! LOL :)
Scotland was magically brought up in a MC/BUT conversation without the adults of Scotland subscribing or even signing the Volunteer Registration Agreement Form

I think MC will be able to establish the run game this week which will be the difference maker but MC needs to really focus on covering the vertical passing game. Their DBs and coverage LBs get out of position too often or let their fundamentals slip.

They weren't tested much but I thought overall the DB's and LB's played pretty well last week in pass sets. #10 lost #2 on that wheel route. That was the only real broken coverage I saw. Thought the safety play specifically was much better. #4 did fail to get his head around on that first big pass play.

Bigger surprise for me was that they didn't get a ton of pressure on the QB. That will need to be much better this week.

Historically this has been a really competitive game. This years two teams are very Senior heavy and have seen each other the last 2-3 years eye to eye on the field. Historically the biggest jump in a team is going from week 1 to week 2 based on live competition and the ability to adjust the Coaching and physicality to the previous weeks mistakes. Butler basically had a scrimmage last week and was not tested physically or mentally from a player and Coach standpoint. MC on the other hand was tested severely both physically and mentally down is SC. Last year both had cupcake openers and they matched each others intensity on the field the following week. The question is does MC have an edge because of the severe test last week??? Very interesting dynamic this time around. The game is at Butler which is an advantage. I think the experience of the Butler QB is big in a game like this. The game will definitely ride on these two defenses.....The difference will be if the MC QB can step up and make a few plays to swing the outcome......I have it as a toss up game. It should be a good one...

First of all, as a fan, I love Mallard Creek's schedule this year. As far as national rankings go, as I understand it, there's no national champ officially crowned. So, national rankings are irrelevant. Regarding point spreads, I really don't care. If MC wins their regular season and playoff games each by 1 point, they still take home the trophy.

I didn't make it to a game this past week, so I'm just going by what others said, who were at the games. Butler's QB can pass it. But, if MC's defense is what it was advertised to be (and I believe it is, with the stands they made at Dillon), they should be fine.

From what I've read, Coach Palmieri is doing what he always does early..shuffling players to see what works. An analogy would be the US men's basketball team. Coach K did the same thing. They looked unimpressive in pool play but the further down the road they went, they turned on the afterburners.

You can't compare their current QB with Smith. They are two different people and it's unfair to the team and their QB. But, that young man is involved with a learning curve himself.

This should be a great game. I'd officially call it a tossup, but with an additional week of experience in a hostile environment, I think MC's offense will improve. Butler really wasn't tested much last week. But that's happened before and Butler has risen to the occasion in big games. I'd pick the Creek by around 6 points. But, I wouldn't be surprised at a Butler win either.

Historically this has been a really competitive game
Actually, I think historically, one team has clearly been better than the other. The only exceptions in my mind were in 2011 and in 2014 (pre AR-W's injury).

The other years have seen both teams play at a high level and they've put on some entertaining shows, but I always walked out of the stadium in those years knowing that one of the teams was clearly ahead and was the team that the rest of the state was chasing.

Actually, I think historically, one team has clearly been better than the other. The only exceptions in my mind were in 2011 and in 2014 (pre AR-W's injury).

The other years have seen both teams play at a high level and they've put on some entertaining shows, but I always walked out of the stadium in those years knowing that one of the teams was clearly ahead and was the team that the rest of the state was chasing.
i hope your oline can hold up if so you are in good shape i hear your d is stout

i hope your oline can hold up if so you are in good shape i hear your d is stout
Yep on both accounts, and we'll see how it goes.

From an eye test standpoint, this is the best looking Butler team since 2012. The size and depth that dropped off back in 2013 has mostly returned, and the new D coordinator from last year has produced outstanding results so far. Most of the team has excellent starting experience (including the QB and the oline...VERY critical against a front 7 as good as Mallard Creek's), and the offense added some new receiving weapons in the off-season (1 transfer and a couple of speed burners moving up from JV).

So far so good. Fingers crossed, really, but this should end up being the best team Butler has fielded the last few years. We do have one starter missing right now (our best corner), but he should be returning to the lineup here in the next couple of weeks. Other than that one guy, we're healthy, happy and ready to go get after it.

You certainly didn't feel that way last year. Both games very close.

They were close enough that I thought that maybe Butler could've stolen one if they would've caught a couple of breaks, but I also thought the best team ended up winning both games, so no issues there.

Since we're on the subject, I actually think Butler played fairly well in both games, and was close to playing up to their maximum potential...and still lost both. So there's not much to "what if" or "could've been" when that happens. East Forsyth probably spent all off-season kicking themselves for how their season ended, but I don't think Butler had that problem. They gave it a legit go, played - I thought - fairly well, and just came up a little short short. It happens.

At the risk of being stupid,where do all these D1 players at MC come from? I know Indy used to get good players from all over Charlotte,was very successful. Knott did hell of job too. Just wondering.

At the risk of being stupid,where do all these D1 players at MC come from? I know Indy used to get good players from all over Charlotte,was very successful. Knott did hell of job too. Just wondering.
From the University area. That area is maybe the most booming population area in all of Charlotte, and probably will be for a while with the opening of I-485 thru the school's backyard.

Indy did pick up some high profile players over the Knotts years, but they lost plenty of them, too. No one ever mentions the players that transferred out during Indy's run, but it's a pretty impressive list in its own right.

If your team isn't Mallard Creek, C Catholic, Shelby, Crest, etc than everyone else is looking up and hating. There are plenty of teams trying to break on thru....Butler, East Forsyth, North Davidson, etc. It doesn't matter what you did 10 years ago, technically doesn't matter what you did 10 games ago. Look at all the upsets last week, it's not parity as much as it is more and more talent in NC. Better coaches, training, nutrition, systems, etc. I say great job Mallard Creek, Charlotte Catholic. It gives all of us who have been there or who want to get there more motivation. Excellence breeds excellence!

They were close enough that I thought that maybe Butler could've stolen one if they would've caught a couple of breaks, but I also thought the best team ended up winning both games, so no issues there.

Since we're on the subject, I actually think Butler played fairly well in both games, and was close to playing up to their maximum potential...and still lost both. So there's not much to "what if" or "could've been" when that happens. East Forsyth probably spent all off-season kicking themselves for how their season ended, but I don't think Butler had that problem. They gave it a legit go, played - I thought - fairly well, and just came up a little short short. It happens.

Hokie- The East Forsyth fans can talk about what ifs all year long but the simple reality is they were extremely fortunate to be in the position they were. Very few games you get out gained by 300+ yards and have a lead late. I saw every down of both Butler games and the EF game. There is no question Butler was the much tougher matchup.

That's a nice thing to say! But I didn't have any doubt in my mind Mallard Creek was the better team last year. We played well twice...but still lost both games, so that was good enough for me.

Instead, 2014 was the "what if" year in my mind, but not because of anything related to MC (well, MC caused the injury, but it wasn't anything intentional). Until that injury, I thought Butler had a 50-50 shot at getting past MC (possibly in another game that went down to the wire like the first one did), and then I think Butler would've cruised the next week. We might've needed another break like what we got in the first game to win that one, but I think it was going to be really close, so one break would've done the trick. That was the only year in the past 3 where I saw a potential state title trophy limping off the field. You catch good breaks sometimes...you catch bad breaks sometimes. MC had a bad one in 2010. Butler returned the favor in 2014.

Hopefully, this year doesn't end with bad luck like that one did. I'd rather either win (obviously) or just get cleanly beaten. I don't care for those "what if" off-seasons.

That's a nice thing to say! But I didn't have any doubt in my mind Mallard Creek was the better team last year. We played well twice...but still lost both games, so that was good enough for me.

Instead, 2014 was the "what if" year in my mind, but not because of anything related to MC (well, MC caused the injury, but it wasn't anything intentional). Until that injury, I thought Butler had a 50-50 shot at getting past MC (possibly in another game that went down to the wire like the first one did), and then I think Butler would've cruised the next week. We might've needed another break like what we got in the first game to win that one, but I think it was going to be really close, so one break would've done the trick. That was the only year in the past 3 where I saw a potential state title trophy limping off the field. You catch good breaks sometimes...you catch bad breaks sometimes. MC had a bad one in 2010. Butler returned the favor in 2014.

Hopefully, this year doesn't end with bad luck like that one did. I'd rather either win (obviously) or just get cleanly beaten. I don't care for those "what if" off-seasons.

Your welcome to the 2014 what if as long as MC gets the 2010 what if.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT