ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the East Forsyth coach who carries the silver guitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? The East Forsyth Eagles use that as their turnover/big play award during games. That award should've been given to the refs! The Refs tried to give it to Grimsley but not having a passing game or a kicking game was too much.

Reactions: Veejay4
Refs tried to give it to Nora. 289 yards rushing. When a coach curses players and postgame does likewise with students on the opposing side, you can be mighty proud. Congratulations to your young men, they played hard and earned a return to the state championship.

Refs tried to give it to Nora. 289 yards rushing. When a coach curses players and postgame does likewise with students on the opposing side, you can be mighty proud. Congratulations to your young men, they played hard and earned a return to the state championship.

What are you talking about?

Reactions: Warhead1
No doubt about it Nora is a stud. BTW, I'm sure all your coaches, players, and fans were all saints tonight. It was an emotional game by both teams. Grimsley was a 1 man show and he had 100 yards on 1 run when EF blitzed the house. So after that long run he was right around 189 yards which is respectable considering Grimsley has zero passing game. If you can't agree the Refs tried to give that game to Grimsley you're being a fan boy. That was the worst called 1 sided game i've ever witnessed in HS Football

Reactions: Dwhick and Veejay4
Tell me how a dozen dead ball fouls are subjective. I thought the officiating was not to the level of the competition. Give me some examples of what you thought were some of the worst calls you have "ever witnessed" that would overcome at least four obvious holding calls on your o-line that I witnessed. And your outside receivers have been holding on those passes to the flats for years. But, I have been involved with high school football for 30 years and that was the most abominable behavior I have seen by a coach. Ever. Sad to see that detract from some great performances from the Eagles tonight. Ty Lyles was a stud tonight. Go get Gibbons.

Reactions: Post 36
What are you talking about? The East Forsyth Eagles use that as their turnover/big play award during games. That award should've been given to the refs! The Refs tried to give it to Grimsley but not having a passing game or a kicking game was too much.
At halftime going into the dressing rooms and after the game coming all the way across the field to the Grimsley student section. Sad to see that from an adult interacting with teenagers. Eight quarters of football and a cumulative 42-40 score. You can show class or you can show your ______.

Tell me how a dozen dead ball fouls are subjective. I thought the officiating was not to the level of the competition. Give me some examples of what you thought were some of the worst calls you have "ever witnessed" that would overcome at least four obvious holding calls on your o-line that I witnessed. And your outside receivers have been holding on those passes to the flats for years. But, I have been involved with high school football for 30 years and that was the most abominable behavior I have seen by a coach. Ever. Sad to see that detract from some great performances from the Eagles tonight. Ty Lyles was a stud tonight. Go get Gibbons.

Don't know what you're talking about but Willert runs a class program. He has nothing but respect for Coach Brown and the Grimsley program and won't tolerate any coach acting out of line.

Reactions: btango
At halftime going into the dressing rooms and after the game coming all the way across the field to the Grimsley student section. Sad to see that from an adult interacting with teenagers. Eight quarters of football and a cumulative 42-40 score. You can show class or you can show your ______.

A coach? You may be mistaken.

RammanuelKant is right. Absolutely embarrassing and not acceptable. It will be addressed for sure. Sometimes situations like this are handled such that those in the stands only see the negative and miss the correction. Grimsley’s AD & at minimum, most of the coaches understand it was one person, unacceptable, and will be addressed. Thx to Ram for being gracious in your post. The Eagles have great respect for u guys and apologies to all who witnessed it.

Ccongrats EF...very hard to beat a good team twice. Sounded a little like the EF - Mallard Creek game in 2015 except the 2pt conversion didnt work.

Sorry to hear about the coach. Unfortunately I see this stuff a good bit both live and on social media. Some of these young coaches especially get all jacked up and forget their not playing anymore.

No doubt about it Nora is a stud. BTW, I'm sure all your coaches, players, and fans were all saints tonight. It was an emotional game by both teams. Grimsley was a 1 man show and he had 100 yards on 1 run when EF blitzed the house. So after that long run he was right around 189 yards which is respectable considering Grimsley has zero passing game. If you can't agree the Refs tried to give that game to Grimsley you're being a fan boy. That was the worst called 1 sided game i've ever witnessed in HS Football

@Warhead1 spot on. The pick in the 3rd the WR slipped that's how our DB gained an advantage. That coach you speak of is one of the reasons why the kids play as hard as they do.

Guess what he said the Grimsley players and coaches were saying going into the lockeroom at halftime? They weren't exchanging "holiday greetings" let just say that.

We get it over here at EF that's all part of it but once you lose don't make that an issue when Grimsley had no problem engaging as much in the pregame as well.

Reactions: Wildcats9900

The interception by our DB in the 3rd quarter where the WR SLIPPED and fell was atrocious. You can pretty much call holding every play as they say but the officiating darn near took center stage and it did appear the officiating was a bit one sided for a minute.

My dad watched with me last night and he never, ever, ever, tried to hang anything on officiating but even he had to wonder what was going on.

I like others wished they would do a better job of ensuring the best crews are given the assignments for these huge games. Both teams deserved better.

The refs were the MVP last night. That was ridiculous.

@Warhead1 spot on. The pick in the 3rd the WR slipped that's how our DB gained an advantage. That coach you speak of is one of the reasons why the kids play as hard as they do.

Guess what he said the Grimsley players and coaches were saying going into the lockeroom at halftime? They weren't exchanging "holiday greetings" let just say that.

We get it over here at EF that's all part of it but once you lose don't make that an issue when Grimsley had no problem engaging as much in the pregame as well.

Arent the adults supposed to be the ones who rise above it as opposed to engage in it?

In the end it was a football game with a lot of emotion. Sometimes emotions spill over to postgame.

The Int was the worst call I've ever seen. The TD called back was bad too. Also, when big 18 and your RB were both moving forward and the ref let them reset and call the play. All night Grimsley players were moving slightly presnap and nothing was flagged. East was flagged every play. Either way it ruined the rythm of the game. In a Championship game you let it go. Let those young men decide who's the Champ not the zebras!

Said coach from EF was uttering I'm glad I live in Kernersville NOT profanities at anyone. Both the EF AD and HC are already aware what was actually said.

He was making reference to the sign Grimsley student section had the first game saying GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN KERNERSVILLE which was funny.

Again if we're going to vilify his actions which have been clarified let's make sure we also note everything the Grimsley coaches said and did as well to our players before and during halftime of the game.

Again we get it at EF and understand somethings are just heat of the moment even with coaches who too are competitive and wouldn't be BUTT HURT enough to report it. If you're gonna talk it understand when you lose you better be prepared to take it.

We can put this to rest now it's NOT going any further than this post.

I agree that the striped shirts had too much influence on this game. The white hat seemed lost at times. A lot of the procedure calls seemed to slight/no call issues. It looked like both teams were playing in their first scrimmage and not in a Regional Championship. The pass interference call on your sideline was hard to see, but it looked like the official threw the flag before the slip. Crew was from Mid-Piedmont region.

Veejay, if that is who you want motivating your players, then bless your heart.

I agree that the striped shirts had too much influence on this game. The white hat seemed lost at times. A lot of the procedure calls seemed to slight/no call issues. It looked like both teams were playing in their first scrimmage and not in a Regional Championship. The pass interference call on your sideline was hard to see, but it looked like the official threw the flag before the slip. Crew was from Mid-Piedmont region.

Veejay, if that is who you want motivating your players, then bless your heart.

I know him way better than you do my guy. You saw a snap shot moment and ran with it. How would you be viewed and or perceived if someone drew a conclusion on you in an ASSUMED not so great moment.

We all have enough times of our lives where if certain people saw any of us we all could be viewed differently. It's a shame we've become a world where we come to conclusions on someone based on a couple seconds.

Asked Coach Willert would he ride with this coach? I hope you decide to extend latitude and understand people have moments be it a Whirlie or an EAGLE and understand the best gift you could give someone you find at fault is latitude and mercy.

We've all needed it and if you think you haven't yet you will. Like I said let's run down the list of things the Grimsley coaches said and did which I noticed you haven't asked about yet. You notice too our coaches aren't attempting to report them right.

We don't major in the minors at EF. Congrats on your season and a heckuva ball club. Those kids (Grimsley) didn't deserve for it to end like that.

Did Grimsley coaches approach your fans on your side of the field after the handshake (for sportsmanship, no less) and taunt them verbally? Then you attribute the consequences of that act to Grimsley's 'BUTT HURT'?

That kind of classlessness has no place in high school athletics, and apparently is contagious.

Again, congratulations to EF. They are a gutsy ball club. Bring the trophy back to the Triad.

Again get on to your coaches about spitting at the same coach you're talking about sir. I actually explained to you what was ACTUALLY said and yet you hold on to your judging ways even after the truth was told which can be deemed just as classless.

If you're going to vilify someone you too should have enough class to ensure it's factual at least.

You will not come on here and vilify someone based on what you heard after the real story has come out.

Your refusal to even admit you may be wrong after facts have been stated could be deemed every bit as classless. Your flat refusal to address your coaches behavior is also hypocritical.

I can respect someone being wrong anyday than someone who wants to get on a soapbox to hold on to some trumped up story.

Pathetic!

I know him way better than you do my guy. You saw a snap shot moment and ran with it. How would you be viewed and or perceived if someone drew a conclusion on you in an ASSUMED not so great moment.

We all have enough times of our lives where if certain people saw any of us we all could be viewed differently. It's a shame we've become a world where we come to conclusions on someone based on a couple seconds.

Asked Coach Willert would he ride with this coach? I hope you decide to extend latitude and understand people have moments be it a Whirlie or an EAGLE and understand the best gift you could give someone you find at fault is latitude and mercy.

We've all needed it and if you think you haven't yet you will. Like I said let's run down the list of things the Grimsley coaches said and did which I noticed you haven't asked about yet. You notice too our coaches aren't attempting to report them right.

We don't major in the minors at EF. Congrats on your season and a heckuva ball club. Those kids (Grimsley) didn't deserve for it to end like that.

Yeah, that fair as heat of the moment decisions should be viewed through a full spectrum of actions. I am sure Willert the AD and Principal will handle.

Shouldnt be about what the other coaches did or didnt do . If it was wrong, own it and apologize. Thats what adults do.

So you are OK with coaches approaching student body in the stands post game? Yeah, I am vilifying that. Judging that. Sad that you can't. We'll see how it is addressed.

Any response to Post 36's earlier apology?

Yeah, that fair as heat of the moment decisions should be viewed through a full spectrum of actions. I am sure Willert the AD and Principal will handle.

Shouldnt be about what the other coaches did or didnt do . If it was wrong, own it and apologize. Thats what adults do.

I say that from the standpoint of hypocrisy. I don't need to excuse the actions of anyone but if you're gonna come on here and attempt to smear someone based on a perception be prepared to deal with it because it's not happening.

I've let many things said about EF go but this is different especially when you're familiar with them.

This is no attempt to defend just don't be a hypocrite. There's nothing to own when there was no offense.

I say that from the standpoint of hypocrisy. I don't need to excuse the actions of anyone but if you're gonna come on here and attempt to smear someone based on a perception be prepared to deal with it because it's not happening.

I've let many things said about EF go but this is different especially when you're familiar with them.

This is no attempt to defend just don't be a hypocrite. There's nothing to own when there was no offense.

Feels like you are changing your stance now. If their was no offense then why would we have to consider a " snapshot moment"??

Grimsley always fusses, bitches and whines when they lose, but only when they have a good team. Before brown came, the most entertainment you’d get at a football game for a while was their drunk student section who would leave at half time when their buzz was wearing off and their team was getting crushed. Rinse and repeat in the history of that school. They come and go, but the whining and bitching remains constant. How dare somebody else beat Grimsley?

Feels like you are changing your stance now. If their was no offense then why would we have to consider a " snapshot moment"??

I'm not changing anything. If you fully comprehended
what I said I said he drew an ASSUMPTION from a snapshot and how it isn't fair that we judge people solely upon those moments.

Much like I shouldn't solely judge those Grimsley coaches who spat at this same coach you're referencing.

I don't have to change anything for the sake of an argument. You've seen me on here before to know that. I've even admitted as much when I'm wrong.

Come again.

So you are OK with coaches approaching student body in the stands post game? Yeah, I am vilifying that. Judging that. Sad that you can't. We'll see how it is addressed.

I was on Grimsley's side in pregame and during the contest those little innocent children in the student section were screaming some very distasteful things towards the East Forsyth players and coaches that were warming up at the 45 yard line. Lots of 4 letter words were coming out of their mouths and nobody said anything before during or after until now. Let it go! Its football and Grimsley got beat and you sound like your feelings are hurt. I've been watching football in this state for 30 years and every year some can dish it out but can't take it. Similar to East Forsyth when they were beat by Mallard Creek in 2015. Their fans, coaches, and students were going nuts then after they lost wanted to get upset about the MC fans and coaches talking trash. Its football and it will make for a great game next year.

Reactions: Veejay4

He was in the congrat line with the teams and at the end of that congrat line is when he made the comment. There was no reason to advance toward students.

Now you're making up things that never existed much like your claim he used profanity which had already been refuted by AD and coach.

Again can we address your coaches behavior who shouldn't be coaching either according to YOUR standards of judgement please?

Grimsley always fusses, bitches and whines when they lose, but only when they have a good team. Before brown came, the most entertainment you’d get at a football game for a while was their drunk student section who would leave at half time when their buzz was wearing off and their team was getting crushed. Rinse and repeat in the history of that school. They come and go, but the whining and bitching remains constant. How dare somebody else beat Grimsley?

Amen. Then lie about a coach except they forget it's a lot EF community on here who can get the real scoop.

I would be good honestly if it was just acknowledged hey maybe coaches both got in the heat of the moment and maybe got carried away.

I take exception and it doesn't just have to be EF but anyone who attempts to climb on a soapbox about behavior and never attempt to speak one iota about their own coaches who too were observed with less than favorable behavior.

We get it. People are human except for a couple of gods on here.

You could walk by any practice field and or household at a given time and catch a coach or one of us in a not so great moment.

I've come to understand people should be judged on a body of work not a snapshot moment. It's not fair to any of us including the ones on here who don't get it.

I was on Grimsley's side in pregame and during the contest those little innocent children in the student section were screaming some very distasteful things towards the East Forsyth players and coaches that were warming up at the 45 yard line. Lots of 4 letter words were coming out of their mouths and nobody said anything before during or after until now. Let it go! Its football and Grimsley got beat and you sound like your feelings are hurt. I've been watching football in this state for 30 years and every year some can dish it out but can't take it. Similar to East Forsyth when they were beat by Mallard Creek in 2015. Their fans, coaches, and students were going nuts then after they lost wanted to get upset about the MC fans and coaches talking trash. Its football and it will make for a great game next year.

@Warhead1 thank you for settling this whole thing. I guess it's gospel now since you said it and I'm fine with that. That same coach being talked about told our players to ignore it and settled it on the field. I'm glad someone else saw the same.

Not saying we didn't contribute to the jawjacking but what was reported didn't happen and it was the Regional Final of course emotions fly high and sometimes things are said we all wish we didn't say or could take back.

So you are OK with coaches approaching opposing fans in the stands. I saw it. The coach was far beyond our sideline and within 10 feet of our stands. Saw Willert pull him away. Video will get to Chapel Hill before you do on Saturday.

Your whataboutism and 'heat of the moment' arguments are revealing.

Grimsley seems like a salty bunch....just take your L and go home. You had everything go your way against a depleted East team and couldn’t win. You are starting to sound like CPC, but at least he goes away after a loss.

So you are OK with coaches approaching opposing fans in the stands. I saw it. The coach was far beyond our sideline and within 10 feet of our stands. Saw Willert pull him away. Video will get to Chapel Hill before you do on Saturday.

Your whataboutism and 'heat of the moment' arguments are revealing.

Dude disappear. You clown I just told you the AD and Willert already know about it. Trust and believe his convo was more about the "beautiful officiating" than what a coach did.

Again since you choose to continue to inflate a tired story about our coach how about you just go and enjoy the many hype videos you all have for each Fridays game on Youtube.

We really enjoyed the one for our game. I refuse to lump all Grimsley folks in the same group because I met some good folks on both trips there but you're really working toward the old perception that's been going around about Grimsley.

Unlike you I choose to give even people who I've maybe had unpleasant encounters with enough latitude to come back from whatever may happen.

Everyone isn't capable of walking on water like you. Be gone until next fall sir. This is over. Only tape should be going somewhere is the tape on this officiating crew.

You won't even address your coaches behavior so please go kick rocks until August. You circled your last bracket last Friday. Other posters have come on here talking about the behavior on the Grimsley side of the stadium and you still on here flexing.

See you next August.

If your next comment on here isn't about your coaches "spitting" or your students section comments don't come back. Again we take all that in stride.

"Soft as duck butter" people like you want to throw rocks and hide your hand. All you want to concentrate on is an isolated coaches behavior that's been proven to be inaccurate by your report and you're still attempting to argue.

Go play in traffic hypocrite.

If your next comment on here isn't about your coaches "spitting" or your students section comments don't come back. Again we take all that in stride.

"Soft as duck butter" people like you want to throw rocks and hide your hand. All you want to concentrate on is an isolated coaches behavior that's been proven to be inaccurate by your report and you're still attempting to argue.

Go play in traffic hypocrite.

Does EF handle Gibbons?

Oh, I will obey your command, great Veejay. I quake before you. Maybe one day we shall meet and have a beer. Your weak equivocation about our coaches spitting shows what a liar and weak man your guy is. Lemme get this straight, our coaches spit at your guy, according to you, and Coach Badass, the great leader of young men, goes and abuses our student section?

What a joke you are if you think that is plausible. Next time a grown man spits at you, go yell at some high school kids. Now that is some soft as butter stuff right there! Thanks for the laugh, dude.

Oh, and I am sure your chest swelled with pride when the chant of "Bullshit!" came from loudly from your student section during the game. Reverberated all across Jamieson Stadium. I mean they must have practiced. Hypocrite? Just cant own up to your own faults, want to project that on others, truly the sign of a weak person.

I do realize we are grown men here and on the field of competition, but when grown men takes that heat of the moment to teenagers who are not even players, then something has gone badly wrong. Don't you agree?

Oh, and I am sure your chest swelled with pride when the chant of "Bullshit!" came from loudly from your student section during the game. Reverberated all across Jamieson Stadium. I mean they must have practiced. Hypocrite? Just cant own up to your own faults, want to project that on others, truly the sign of a weak person.

I do realize we are grown men here and on the field of competition, but when grown men takes that heat of the moment to teenagers who are not even players, then something has gone badly wrong. Don't you agree?

Ok, if what you are claiming happened then it was wrong and I assure you Willert and the AD have already handled it. I won't claim to know all that led up to it and I don't care. That's out of character for the leadership at East Forsyth. In all the emotional games we've been in, this is the first I've heard of anything like this. We pride ourselves on making men, on and off the field. Grown men leading these young men have to show them how to have character no matter what's going on around them. That's what I was most proud of last night with everything going against us after all the adversity throughout the season. It would have been so easy to give up. But our defense stopped them twice inside the 10 yard line and twice on 2 pt conversions. And the offense continued to battle after being put behind the chains time and time again. The kids showed a ton of resilience. Congrats to Grimsley on a great season. Look forward to the rivalry growing between these programs over the years to come. Triad football keeps getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT