ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville at SWE

Defensive struggle. Both teams play excellent defense. I think SWE should win, but its close enough that just one turnover could swing it the other way. If I wasn't going to be watching Tarboro thrash Hobbton, I would want to be at this one.
Take off the purple and canary yellow and come on to the junction.

After watching the S. Columbus game and these WRH highlights, I would lose my head if I saw SWE tackling like those teams were doing! Idc what the offense is doing, they don't dictate how the defense tackles. I get it from SC. They weren't a great team this year, but Wallace looked like they didn't want to be there. They acted like they were scared to attack Moss. Smh. I will admit that they fake the handoff well and I'm sure he'll get some yards Friday, but he wont be the one that beats us. Not by himself.
"Just run!"
Not sure the Wolfpack defense can shut down SWE offense the way they shut down WRH's. My dogs had a long season and the Wolfpack didn't play a good offense last Thursday night.

Reactions: bud33345
Not sure the Wolfpack defense can shut down SWE offense the way they shut down WRH's. My dogs had a long season and the Wolfpack didn't play a good offense last Thursday night.
SWE has a great oline. Those kids have played together the majority of their time in school. Whiteville has a very athletic secondary if that oline can get to those kids in the secondary SWE should be able to break some nice runs with Jones.

Reactions: dogs79
SWE has a great oline. Those kids have played together the majority of their time in school. Whiteville has a very athletic secondary if that oline can get to those kids in the secondary SWE should be able to break some nice runs with Jones.
Our D line is not very big,but are very quick and good at sliding off blocks.Line backers are quick also.Coach Scott will sub 4 or 5 in and out to keep everyone fresh and make a lot of adjustments during the game.Should be a great match up trying to figure one another out. It always comes down to the trenches.That is where the game is won or lost IMO.

Reactions: dogs79 and bud33345
Take off the purple and canary yellow and come on to the junction.
I am related to two other guys that will only go to SWE once every two years, and they met that quota earlier this year. Blood is thicker than the purple and "canary yellow".

I'll have to listen, BTW does your team have a broadcast? We have one but last week the sound quality was not good. Hope they have that fixed for this game.

I'll have to listen, BTW does your team have a broadcast? We have one but last week the sound quality was not good. Hope they have that fixed for this game.
You know what...I honestly have no idea. Being at every game except two since 1999, home and away, I've never really had the need to listen. So it's never occurred to me to find out.

Reactions: dogs79
Will any Whiteville posters be in attendance?
I will be there.Hope they bring in some bleachers on the Visitors side.I saw a picture of your field yesterday,and there were just a few on the visitors side.Maybe sit 100 to 150.Whiteville will bring close to 1000 people which will be a problem.The state says you should have enough for 750 in 2a or the game could be moved to another site.

I will be there.Hope they bring in some bleachers on the Visitors side.I saw a picture of your field yesterday,and there were just a few on the visitors side.Maybe sit 100 to 150.Whiteville will bring close to 1000 people which will be a problem.The state says you should have enough for 750 in 2a or the game could be moved to another site.

You wont have that problem next week. The Corral at SWO seats 3500 easy. Bring all them SWE fans with ya. They might enjoy seeing how its done ..... :p

You wont have that problem next week. The Corral at SWO seats 3500 easy. Bring all them SWE fans with ya. They might enjoy seeing how its done ..... :p
Now that is what i'am talking about,a school that loves football and the teams that comes to their house.

True, however it does not say 750 "for guests side." The stadium has a capacity of 3,000. Can you imagine how many schools would not be able to host playoff games if the number was speaking of the guest side?

True, however it does not say 750 "for guests side." The stadium has a capacity of 3,000. Can you imagine how many schools would not be able to host playoff games if the number was speaking of the guest side?
Do you think some of our fans could sit on your side if there is not enough space on the visitors side and behave.Just want to be able to see a great game and give you credit if you win.Maybe make some friends also.

Do you think some of our fans could sit on your side if there is not enough space on the visitors side and behave.Just want to be able to see a great game and give you credit if you win.Maybe make some friends also.
Brother, of course! Facing the home stands, the band and dancers sit on the left from top to bottom, and a pocket of young students sit in the top right corner, but everything else is fair game. Best place to see the band do their little halftime dance on the sideline. Heck, I sit on the home side at away games all the time. We're welcoming country folks and would definitely congratulate y'all if you win.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
The Function at the Junction happens there every other year. These people know how to handle a crowd. I would suggest you show up early to make sure you aren't Visitor #751.

Oh yeah, we shoot a cannon when we score. It'll scare you. Still gets the home crowd even though we know it's coming.
I added this comment just for you, HowerinJr.

Brother, of course! Facing the home stands, the band and dancers sit on the left from top to bottom, and a pocket of young students sit in the top right corner, but everything else is fair game. Best place to see the band do their little halftime dance on the sideline. Heck, I sit on the home side at away games all the time. We're welcoming country folks and would definitely congratulate y'all if you win.
Even Tarboro people sit with them during the Function. LOL!

Reactions: SWE'98
Oh yeah, we shoot a cannon when we score. It'll scare you. Still gets the home crowd even though we know it's coming.

I added this comment just for you, HowerinJr.
Because Cougars are known for shooting cannons.
tenor.gif

You want to talk about a pitiful stadium. Granville Central has a visitor side capacity of maybe 100, and they will not allow visiting fans to sit on the home side. If you ever end up there, take a folding chair.

You want to talk about a pitiful stadium. Granville Central has a visitor side capacity of maybe 100, and they will not allow visiting fans to sit on the home side. If you ever end up there, take a folding chair.
I'd kindly show them that my ticket says Granville Central and let them know that those home bleachers are at Granville Central. Haven't seen one high school ticket ever that has assigned seating on it.

The visitors side sits way more than 150 people.

I always sit on the home side if I have no skin in the game. Always had good conversations and felt welcomed.

So........no radio broadcast for SWE?
I don't think we do. Never heard any mention of one before. Our closest FM station is in Rocky Mount, and that's all they cover. There is an AM station closer in Tarboro, but I don't think they do anything sports related. WHIG sometimes love streams local games of the week. I will see if I can find out if they will be doing anything.

I'd kindly show them that my ticket says Granville Central and let them know that those home bleachers are at Granville Central. Haven't seen one high school ticket ever that has assigned seating on it.
Guys at Dillion high school,a fence want let visitors on home side. Great stadium there and a program that's won at least 8 state champs. in SC.
Rowdy fans and I love it. Bud 33345 I'm glad y'all good neighbors there. Love football.

Whiteville has some of worse visitors seats in the state.Ur sitting on small bleachers on a baseball mound.

Why would SWE fans go to the Corral next week? We'll be at The Junction to watch us hook it up with NorthEastern.

Great ...Ya'll havin a charity game or something. It is a great gesture for two teams out of the playoffs........ o_O Got to do something with all that left over gatorade.

I know some people who have experienced this. SWE is correct... I know some North Davidson fans who had to sit on the home side after they filled up the away side before 7pm. There were plenty of seats on the home side, and it wasn’t a hostile environment at all.

Reactions: SWE'98 and TarVikes
User those bletchers hold alot of people,plus you are only 20 feet from field. Good place to see game.
Eastcoastman he knows that,he is just trying to be cute.I could not believe they only had about 100 people at that game playing for first place.

User those bletchers hold alot of people,plus you are only 20 feet from field. Good place to see game.
I used to hate fields with no track around it, because it was too different than what I am used to. I know some people feel the same way about fields WITH tracks. But I get the appeal now. Definitely does allow you to be closer to the action. But my question is, after looking at Whiteville again, is the football field shared with the baseball field? Or is that dirt under the visitors side something else?

Just don’t wear new shoes.I am lying about the red dirt that whiteville visitor side is on My wife waz upset because I track red dirt in the house.Come on .

I used to hate fields with no track around it, because it was too different than what I am used to. I know some people feel the same way about fields WITH tracks. But I get the appeal now. Definitely does allow you to be closer to the action. But my question is, after looking at Whiteville again, is the football field shared with the baseball field? Or is that dirt under the visitors side something else?
They share the same field.May be the only school in NC to do this. Wallace might do to but not sure.

They share the same field.May be the only school in NC to do this. Wallace might do to but not sure.
Certainly not the only school. Weldon does it. Washington County (formerly known as Plymouth) does it. The Oakland Raiders do it. And a few other small, low budget schools do as well. Maybe it's just a space issue.

Great ...Ya'll havin a charity game or something. It is a great gesture for two teams out of the playoffs........ o_O Got to do something with all that left over gatorade.

This comment would make the last ninja proud.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Certainly not the only school. Weldon does it. Washington County (formerly known as Plymouth) does it. The Oakland Raiders do it. And a few other small, low budget schools do as well. Maybe it's just a space issue.
Thanks for the information.Didn't know that. Whiteville has played at Legion Stadium ever since the school has been built.They lease it i heard for 1$ a year.Great place to see a football game. You sit about 10 to 15 yards from the field on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT