ADVERTISEMENT

Where will NCHSAA Football Championships be played

In AZ they do their semi n final at HS Venus in PHX metro i think NC should do that with big games n also some of playoffs like Memorial stadium in CLT

how close is winston salem to your location steeler.
east carolina maybe would be a great place to host
I will admit you do feel much more wanted at wake forest
than any of the other places, unc seems to care less.
Any of the current 4 is around 2 hrs

how close is winston salem to your location steeler.
east carolina maybe would be a great place to host
I will admit you do feel much more wanted at wake forest
than any of the other places, unc seems to care less.
Any of the current 4 is around 2 hrs
ECU is basically the same distance from Carter Finley that UNCC is from NC A&T. A&T is the most centralized site in the state.

Look at a state map and the population clusters. ECU is very far east and not a large population center.

Winston is a bit too far west but much closer to the center of the state (A&T) than EC and to some degree the Triangle schools.

Last edited:
Get ready for an uproar.

UNC has a home men’s basketball game at 8 pm December 11.

Someone is playing Friday night.

I predict 8pm Friday and 11am Saturday at UNC. Or Friday night at UNC and three games at nc state Saturday.

Get ready for an uproar.

UNC has a home men’s basketball game at 8 pm December 11.

Someone is playing Friday night.

I predict 8pm Friday and 11am Saturday at UNC. Or Friday night at UNC and three games at nc state Saturday.

Before they started subdividing when it was only four state champions They played the 3 A on Friday night and the other three games on Saturday at Carolina.

Jamison Stadium (unless Grimsley)
Simeon Stadium (unless HP Andrews or Central)
Bowman Gray Stadium
Wake Forest
UNCC
Elon
NC A and T
Catawba

Reactions: Veejay4
I think they should go back to playing the games at the east and west champions home field .Rotating it each year.Would have a bigger crowd than they have now.
I love the idea but logistically it does not work well.

It's a much easier decision when you have a stadium like Pisgah has. A lot of places, especially in the east do not have the best facilities. Does the visitor then need hotel accommodations and if so, where is the hotel located, can it handle a full team, et al.

I like the central location but the Triangle is not the center of the state and the college stadiums swallow the crowd. Wish A&T had turf and the games could be played there. One on Friday and three on Saturday.

Reactions: Veejay4
I think they should go back to playing the games at the east and west champions home field .Rotating it each year.Would have a bigger crowd than they have now.

What is the way it was until I think 1989.

Man, I love it. It’s especially good if you can get the teams to field a good crowd. It’s easier to make look full.
I agree. UNC, NC State are and Bank of America would be way too cavernous. I'd still like to see at least one game played at UNCC or even Memorial Stadium in Charlotte. I believe both venues are good size for high school ball.

If they did that, there needs to be a minimum size, including the number of seats on the visitors side. Many schools are not suitable. It could also pose a huge transportation challenge, depending on the distance.
Thomasville played at Eastern Randolph in 1983. They had a decent sized stadium, but it was not nearly large enough. I prefer neutral sites.

Every year at this time this subject comes up…just be glad your team is playing for a state championship…it really don’t matter the location,distance or time to the kids,…all their thinking about is winning a championship

Would also be more of a high school setting. I loved it in 80s when they did that. Bigggg crowds that stadiums didn't seollow up fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT