ADVERTISEMENT

Where is RichBlackman ?

Ive been waiting to hear his analysis of the game with Union Academy Fri night. I read where MIC was up 28-0 and Union came back and made a game of it, losing 28-21.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I'd rather deal with ol rich than Cherokee fans lol all two of them but I gotta remember they have "small enrollment"

I wasn't even bragged nor have I bragged about beating swain. He attacks Cherokee every chance he gets so I take up for us.

Poor ole rich just ain't paying the factory enough money to get 7 d1 players he only got 6 this year

WSP flash in the pan.

CSOD flash in the pan.

MIC flash in the pan.

I think were sering a pattern forming here.

I heard a rumor that he is working on refining the lottery system that MICS uses.

WSP flash in the pan.

CSOD flash in the pan.

MIC flash in the pan.

WSP flash in the pan.

CSOD flash in the pan.

MIC flash in the pan.

BK I see you're still being uppity. MICS will be 9-2 or 8-3 at the end of the season. How is this flash in the pan? Next year they return mostly all the starters from this year. CSOD had one run and fell off. MICS won't they have a strong MS team and young varsity starters. Not to mention enough numbers to field a JV team. Maybe they don't win a title this year but it doesn't take a genius to see it's coming. Taking in consideration your IQ level this will fly right over your head.

Mic=flash in the pan.

Mountie you know better then this or maybe you don't. MICS went 10-4 last year and will go similar this year. I don't call that a flash in the pan. They may not win a title this year or they could but with a loaded team returning next year it will be a problem. I'm just reminding you to please save this statement because I do not want to see any hurt butts down the road. If this year seeding plays out the way I think it may, you will get a answer this year. Just make sure Mitchell continues to blow through that paper schedule and weak conference. You guys struggled against Cannon. If you're smart Mitchell wants no parts of MICS in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Not trying to be argumentative just seriously curious. How many 1a teams on MICS regular season schedule? Mitchell has only 2 with 2 private schools and 1 home school team. Then 1 4a, 1 3a, and 4 2a. All in all not a bad variety.

Granted that Trinity and Carolina Wildcats were just awful. Cannon has a competitive ball team. The other 1a schools Avery is still down but Polk will be a challenge and could surprise some teams come playoff time.

As far as the 2a schools well Heritage is one of the best teams in WNC. So the schedule is what it is

That's pretty rich that you call OUR conference weak. Cannon is a pretty decent team this year, much better than union academy, who MIC struggled with.

You must not know nothing about football outside of the mountains. Cannon is not decent. MICS blew them out to the point they wouldn't play them this year and the team they had was better than this year. Union Academy would crush Cannon. MICS also had 6 starters out in the Union Academy game and still won.

Not trying to be argumentative just seriously curious. How many 1a teams on MICS regular season schedule? Mitchell has only 2 with 2 private schools and 1 home school team. Then 1 4a, 1 3a, and 4 2a. All in all not a bad variety.

Granted that Trinity and Carolina Wildcats were just awful. Cannon has a competitive ball team. The other 1a schools Avery is still down but Polk will be a challenge and could surprise some teams come playoff time.

As far as the 2a schools well Heritage is one of the best teams in WNC. So the schedule is what it is

Throw heritage out. You guys have played no one. The same argument on mics last year. I'm just saying mountie calling mics a flash in the pan is a mistake on your end. I understand BK and his goons but you should no better.

Didn't claim we had played anyone, just asked a simple question. I will certainly agree the competition has not been very good. I was just curious, but nevermind I will just go look it up myself.

As far as the west 1a goes. Still think it goes through the SMC. Until someone knocks off Murphy, Rville, and dare I say Cherokee they are the favorites. I would then place Mic in the next group. Still think if they get it together at the right time they can be a force and play for the title.

As for Mitchell I honestly have no idea how good or bad they are this season. I think Friday night will tell alot. They did play their best half of the season at RS in the last game. I think depth could be an issue as Mitchell plays alot of kids both ways.

Allow me a chance to reintroduce myself.... Mountain ballers and underachievers here I am. All this MICS bashing, I love it. Nobody and that goes for all of you. Really wanna see MICS in the playoffs. The SAUCE is ready to be severed who wants some.

Didn't claim we had played anyone, just asked a simple question. I will certainly agree the competition has not been very good. I was just curious, but nevermind I will just go look it up myself.

As far as the west 1a goes. Still think it goes through the SMC. Until someone knocks off Murphy, Rville, and dare I say Cherokee they are the favorites. I would then place Mic in the next group. Still think if they get it together at the right time they can be a force and play for the title.

As for Mitchell I honestly have no idea how good or bad they are this season. I think Friday night will tell alot. They did play their best half of the season at RS in the last game. I think depth could be an issue as Mitchell plays alot of kids both ways.

The way things are lining up Mitchell may see mics in the second round and from what I see that is a lower seed you do not want to see given your weak schedule

You are probably correct. I think you may be a better team with greater speed and depth, but looking at your schedule I wouldn't be talking alot about anyone else's.

At this point I have answered my own question so fell free to continue with this thread without me.

Don't know how much more love I can give mic than I have, picked them preseason to play in the western finals and still think that is probable. OH well carry on.

GO MOUNTAINEERS

Correct but no nee

to rehash this...just saying franklin reached out to everyone from hickory west looking for games...them and heritage would have been a great game
I think that matchup would be the best in WNC. What a rivalry game for years to come. It would be like Murphy & Swain. I would drive to Franklin to see that matchup

Scary we actually agree..if the state would step in and eliminate public schools from playing home schools (yes we played one literally as last resort) you would see far better non conf matchup..and now with the way NCHSAA is using max preps to seed playoffs..teams are rewarded for strength of schedule..franklin dropped 3 spots last week after playing Carolina Wildcats

I'm sorry it simply makes no sense heritage playing Salisbury and hayesville while franklin plays homeschool..when they could have played...arguably 2 of best 3 teams in WNC..and you have Mitchell playing cannon and trinity on two dates franklin offered to play..and again thank our wonderful NCHSAA for so dang many 5&6 team leagues

Scary we actually agree..if the state would step in and eliminate public schools from playing home schools (yes we played one literally as last resort) you would see far better non conf matchup..and now with the way NCHSAA is using max preps to seed playoffs..teams are rewarded for strength of schedule..franklin dropped 3 spots last week after playing Carolina Wildcats

Murphy dropped 32 spots

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT