ADVERTISEMENT

What if

This! I have Monroe no.1 in the west, regardless. Not only are they good in the skills positions, they are very good where it matters most, the trenches. I have Reidsville second. But, seeing who Monroe has beaten, and in the fashion in which they have done so, they are no.1 in the west, in my opinion.
I agree Monroe seems to have the total package this season.

This! I have Monroe no.1 in the west, regardless. Not only are they good in the skills positions, they are very good where it matters most, the trenches. I have Reidsville second. But, seeing who Monroe has beaten, and in the fashion in which they have done so, they are no.1 in the west, in my opinion.
I watched the Monroe/West Charlotte game on YouTube. I think Monroe could win it all. I do think if Reidsville gets all their players back they will be hard to beat. I just think Northeastern is the only team in the East that can beat Clinton. I’ve stated before that this Northeastern team is better than a lot think.

In my opinion, Reidsville has the best collection of skills position players in all of 2A, but they have shown some vulnerability in their line play in recent years. That’s why I have Monroe at no.1 in the west at this time. They have a stud at every level of their defense. If they were to meet, I think Da Ville would have a hard time blocking the RedHawks. On the flip side, Reidsville skilled players are a problem for anyone to deal with.

As for the Lions, I think they are a capable bunch, solid offensively and defensively. My concerns though are depth and youth, especially in the playoffs where there’s more pressure, and the stakes are highest. We will learn more about Shelby when we meet Burns later this month. That game will reveal a lot.

Like others have said. Monroe is the team to beat IMO. I'm not sold on this year's Burns team yet. Who knows how good we are. Played 2 very good teams in Crest & KM and got beat. Depth is an issue and a young defense is another issue. I'm interested in seeing how tonight's East Gaston game goes. And of course, the Shelby game will tell us a lot. But Monroe and Reidsville are the two teams no one wants to play in the West.

Monroe gets in the playoffs and fall asleep for 2 quarters. Maybe this is their year

they had that problem last year, I haven't seen that this year.

Last year they would wait until 2nd half to play, that's what killed them with Burns.

I have not seen that problem with them this year, maybe it's fixed?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
So if someone in 2A beats Monroe then by that logic they could have hung with PR and WC to?

No, that just means their coach came up with a good game plan, they brought their A game, and Monroe fell asleep for 2 quarters, or key players for Monroe are out

What I typed up above is detailed logic spelled out for you

In my opinion, Reidsville has the best collection of skills position players in all of 2A, but they have shown some vulnerability in their line play in recent years. That’s why I have Monroe at no.1 in the west at this time. They have a stud at every level of their defense. If they were to meet, I think Da Ville would have a hard time blocking the RedHawks. On the flip side, Reidsville skilled players are a problem for anyone to deal with.
This is what I would have said. I think Reidsville has the best secondary and receivers as a group.

Monroe is strongest in the trenches I've seen in 2A so far. They were strong last year, they just were mentally out of the game every 1st half. Reidsville and Clinton both were mentally out of the game alot last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT