ADVERTISEMENT

Wettest field you seen a game on

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
If I remember correctly watching Charlotte Catholic playing on TV I seen probably one of the sloppiest field due to rain. It’s been a while and I hope I’m telling the right game at the time. Concord vs South Iredell 2015 in the playoffs was another. What is your sloppiness and wettest game you seen.

Crest at Concord-glad Tre Harrison was playing for the good guys.

Crest at Greensboro Page-Crest o-line played one of the best games I've seen. I believe Jamie Smith was the QB and when it was over Smith still looked like he had just walked out of the locker room, his jersey was so clean.

Crest at Greensboro Page-Crest o-line played one of the best games I've seen. I believe Jamie Smith was the QB and when it was over Smith still looked like he had just walked out of the locker room, his jersey was so clean.
That Crest / Concord game was played in a mud pit
No way they should have played that game but glad they did !
Worse condiotn field I have seen.

Owen High School’s Shuford field 1997 2nd round of playoffs vs Forest Hills. Rained from start to finish. Probably helped us because it neutralized Forest Hills speed and Owen got the win

Reactions: Vik-Val 86

South Iredell at Concord Before Crest at Concord was a Pure mud pit and they did it on purpose bc there absolutely no rain that week vs South

Pisgah vs West Henderson. 2005. Absolute monsoon the whole game and some of the most boring football I've ever watched. 99% of the ballgame seemed like it was played on about 30 yards of the field and as many tackles caused by the conditions rather than the defense. Ended regulation 0-0. West scored a TD in OT ( maybe 2OT) to win 6-0. The stadium completely emptied about 5 seconds after West crossed the goal line just happy it was over. :D

Pisgah vs West Henderson. 2005. Absolute monsoon the whole game and some of the most boring football I've ever watched. 99% of the ballgame seemed like it was played on about 30 yards of the field and as many tackles caused by the conditions rather than the defense. Ended regulation 0-0. West scored a TD in OT ( maybe 2OT) to win 6-0. The stadium completely emptied about 5 seconds after West crossed the goal line just happy it was over. :D
You just unlocked a memory I had forgotten about. If I remember correctly that storm was the remnants of a hurricane or a tropical storm. Honestly that game should have never been played. Pisgah was top 5 in the state, had that vaunted passing attack with Jaynes and couldn’t do anything all night. Ironically, West had no passing attack and ended up winning on a TD pass. Go figure.

By the end of the game the field was completely under water and the visitor locker room was flooded. That drive home was the wettest I’ve ever been, I’m not sure the seats in my car ever dried out.

Owen High School’s Shuford field 1997 2nd round of playoffs vs Forest Hills. Rained from start to finish. Probably helped us because it neutralized Forest Hills speed and Owen got the win
I was at that game. I'm a Forest Hills Alum. That is definitely the wettest and muddiest field I've ever seen. It definitely killed our speed. We had quick shifty backs and they couldn't do anything. That was a cold rain also. Poured all night. Owen had that big running back who just ran downhill in that mud and he couldn't be stopped. Can't believe I sat through that whole game freezing my butt off. It rained on our drive all the way back home. 😫

You just unlocked a memory I had forgotten about. If I remember correctly that storm was the remnants of a hurricane or a tropical storm. Honestly that game should have never been played. Pisgah was top 5 in the state, had that vaunted passing attack with Jaynes and couldn’t do anything all night. Ironically, West had no passing attack and ended up winning on a TD pass. Go figure.

By the end of the game the field was completely under water and the visitor locker room was flooded. That drive home was the wettest I’ve ever been, I’m not sure the seats in my car ever dried out.
You nailed it. We were all shocked we were playing it bc it gave you all far more of a chance and took away a ton from our own playbook. And the decision ended up biting us in the butt.

What year was this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT