ADVERTISEMENT

West vs East

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
How come the NCHSAA divers the state by east and west? Why don't they just pick two number one seeds at a time, then two number two seeds and so on. From 2010-2013 the west has dominated the east in the state championship and regular season. No state Championship should have a final score of 50-0. For the past three years the final score has been a west team destroying the east. Except page only one by two touchdowns i think.

Honestly last nights lake Norman vs Mallard creek will be 10x better than the state championship will be.

I know its not easy to change tradition. But nobody wants to see a state championship where everyone already knows mallard creek is going to put up basketball numbers on them.

Yeah...I'm seeing it being competitive maybe for a half, but once the confidence wheels fall off for Wake Forest (and they will as soon as MC gets any kind of a lead at all), then it will get ugly late.

If Wake Forest comes out with opening kick jitters like they did last year and gives up early turnovers and a couple of quick TDs, then it will get ugly early and then get even uglier late.

I would like to see the 4AA be set up East and West for round one and then go state wide but that would require a reseeding after round one.

It would be lunacy to try and do the other three classes state wide. West of Asheville to east of I-85 much less I-95 is a haul.

East and West makes sense and right now I would say at least three of the eight games the East is favored.

Wake Forest is much better this year than last year. The 4AA game should be very good.

WF is a much better team than Lake Norman. MC just got lazy and didn't put LN away.

WF could very well beat MC. WF actually has comparable talent.

I think New Bern is the top team in the state by a good bit.

I'd make them 4 point favorites over MC and double digit favorites over WF.

Originally posted by Dangerboytwelve:
WF is a much better team than Lake Norman. MC just got lazy and didn't put LN away.

WF could very well beat MC. WF actually has comparable talent.
Geez. WF doesn't have 1/10th the talent that Mallard Creek has, as you'll get to see yet again on Saturday. There will be colossal physical mismatches all over the field in this game, just like there were last year.

Originally posted by Dangerboytwelve:
I think New Bern is the top team in the state by a good bit.

I'd make them 4 point favorites over MC and double digit favorites over WF.
None of the computer rankings anywhere have New Bern ranked #1, but Simmons, maxPreps and calpreps all do have them @ #2. Behind Mallard Creek, of course.

You'll get a general idea on Friday night how New Bern stacks up against Catholic compared to how Mallard Creek did. MC was up 27-0 over Catholic with 8:00 left in the second qtr before a storm hit and play was suspended. The final score from the following Monday night was 40-21.

Originally posted by norm theox:
Wake Forest is much better this year than last year. The 4AA game should be very good.
Quantify better because had the running clock rule been in effect we would have had it for the 4th quarter in the title game. Are we sure there improvement will result in a good game??

I was at the MC/LN game and the only reason LN was able to keep it close was because Ladowski can throw it. In all honesty, they beat MC in the 2nd half.

I have seen WF twice or maybe three times on TWC this season and the truth is they cannot throw to any high degree. They are a wing t running team and stopping the run is MC's forte'.

This one has the potential to get ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT