ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth has hired Football HC

Good luck to Coach Wallace. He is coming into a good situation in Clemmons. Always big numbers on the WF team, great community support and game night atmosphere in Clemmons with big crowds.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Wow, NWG can never seem to catch a break. As soon as someone gets them rolling a bit, they bolt.

Wow, NWG can never seem to catch a break. As soon as someone gets them rolling a bit, they bolt.
Yes, but who knows? Maybe WF is closer to where he lives or being the coach there will make things easier for his family? A lot of factors can go into a decision like this. WF has never won a state title and I don't recall them making even a super deep playoff run over the years. But they are usually a good team and while it is a 4A school, Clemmons has that smaller town feel to it and really backs the Titans. We'll see if he can get WF to take that next step from being consistently decent to consistently very good.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Yes, but who knows? Maybe WF is closer to where he lives or being the coach there will make things easier for his family? A lot of factors can go into a decision like this. WF has never won a state title and I don't recall them making even a super deep playoff run over the years. But they are usually a good team and while it is a 4A school, Clemmons has that smaller town feel to it and really backs the Titans. We'll see if he can get WF to take that next step from being consistently decent to consistently very good.
Oh I'm not questioning the reasoning behind it. I'm just feeling bad for the NW Guilford faithful. I actually went to Laughlin Primary/Summerfield Elementary and NW Guilford for my 6th grade year, so I have somewhat of a soft spot for NW Guilford.

Reactions: fitguync30
I'm the biggest NW fan and I can tell you this was an easy decision. He's going somewhere where football is #1 with all the support he could ask for. NWG hasn't had great assistant coaches until the last couple years. The administration refused to hire any. Coaches that were hired by Rolfes stopped coaching and kept teaching. Well, the administration refused to make them leave or open up spots for Wallace to hire his guys. He's had to piece together a staff with scraps. The last couple years he got a couple guys he hired and boom success.

What is West Forsyth getting you all may ask? Wallace is a great Head Coach. He seems very similar to Snow. People like him and he's not some guy that needs the spotlight on him.
He's unbelievable in the weight room. West Forsyth will be a lot stronger next fall. His Offense will be on another level West has not seen. He's a spread guy that runs all sorts of personal, alignments, and routes. His running game is physical for being a spread system. He just hasn't had players like he will have at West. If he gets a QB like he had this year with Tanner or if Tanner moves to West their offense will be explosive.

The big question mark with Kevin is and always has been Defense. West's defense struggled this year as did NWG. It would not surprise me to see Kevin hire someone from the outside and start fresh. Or he could very well keep the West DC if he stays see if it will work and focus on his offense.

Will all that said I hate it for my Vikings. I was hoping Beal would hang around long enough and when this day came we could bring him home but it looks like he's retired. I say Hughes needs to get on the Phones call Michigan and bring back Coach Woodruff LOL.

Good luck Wallace. Now I can pull for West Forsyth as well.

They bolt because NW Guilford refuses to put football at the top. They purposefully crap on football because everyone at NW has money and they think their kid is the best. So we can't give football something extra or a band mom named Karen may get pissed and sue. The Parents and support staff are AWFUL at NWG. If they would keep their dang mouths shut give football what they're worth (not special just worth) there is no reason NWG couldn't be just like Grimsley. The difference is the NW parents and fans make excuses and we will remain a team that's .500 and makes a run to the 3rd/4th rd every 5 to 10 years. Look at the type of kid at NW Guilford it's very similar to Grimsley. Grimsley just gets more transfers because Brown and the AD have made football #1 then everyone else benefits. Until Principal Young says football is the top dog and gets her AD to do the same. We are who we are. But, this is the everyone gets a trophy generation and all these punk spoiled kids have parents who enabled instead of put a football up their butts

Reactions: New3ra
They bolt because NW Guilford refuses to put football at the top. They purposefully crap on football because everyone at NW has money and they think their kid is the best. So we can't give football something extra or a band mom named Karen may get pissed and sue. The Parents and support staff are AWFUL at NWG. If they would keep their dang mouths shut give football what they're worth (not special just worth) there is no reason NWG couldn't be just like Grimsley. The difference is the NW parents and fans make excuses and we will remain a team that's .500 and makes a run to the 3rd/4th rd every 5 to 10 years. Look at the type of kid at NW Guilford it's very similar to Grimsley. Grimsley just gets more transfers because Brown and the AD have made football #1 then everyone else benefits. Until Principal Young says football is the top dog and gets her AD to do the same. We are who we are. But, this is the everyone gets a trophy generation and all these punk spoiled kids have parents who enabled instead of put a football up their butts
I wonder if some of the kids will transfer now because of this. I'm sure there's some area coaches and teams trying to steal some of the talent NW had coming back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT