ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
West Charlotte Is 4-1 and also in the 3A. Wandering if they could be a sleeper team in the 3A playoffs. With a lot of good teams that have moved up to 4A has made the 3A more flexible. Have to wander how they would matchup with teams like Crest, South Point, Kings Mountain.. This team seems to have improved a lot for this season. Just a throw in conversation.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I'd say they would probably match up better against the athletes of a crest or km than they would Sp. They see those type offenses all of the time, but not really the flex bone. Just my take.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
West Charlotte Is 4-1 and also in the 3A. Wandering if they could be a sleeper team in the 3A playoffs. With a lot of good teams that have moved up to 4A has made the 3A more flexible. Have to wander how they would matchup with teams like Crest, South Point, Kings Mountain.. This team seems to have improved a lot for this season. Just a throw in conversation.
WC does not matchup well with any of these three 3A teams. All three of these teams will pound WC in the trenches at this time in my opinion. Dropping down to 3A does not guarantee championship contention. WC would make a few super athletic plays against these teams but winning the game is another story. Now basketball is another story lol.

WC does not matchup well with any of these three 3A teams. All three of these teams will pound WC in the trenches at this time in my opinion. Dropping down to 3A does not guarantee championship contention. WC would make a few super athletic plays against these teams but winning the game is another story. Now basketball is another story lol.
Agreed!

What caused the demise of this once powerful program ? Mallard creek ?

After seeing WC put up strong resistance to Chambers and Hough I can see them being a very tough out in the 3A playoffs. WC put up 28 on a strong Chambers defense. That’s scary.

West Charlotte is a threat to win it all in 3A IMHO. They fought hard vs. Hough/Chambers and they have great scouting being in conference yearly. Take that advantage away and WC will do well in playoffs.

I can see West Charlotte make a pretty good run in the playoffs along with Crest, Km and Dudley.

Dudley was extremely banged up at the beginning of the year … played without 10 starters in their one lost to Hillside . They have gotten healthy have hit their stride .
I think the West will be a fun bracket with a lot of good matchups. Depending on how this last week goes with quite a few big games .. you might see some fun matchups starting in round 2.

WC will beat Dudley. Dudley is not as talented as WC and who has Dudley played and beaten over .500?? Dudley is overrated. Seen them twice. There's a few school out west that would handle Dudley

WC will beat Dudley. Dudley is not as talented as WC and who has Dudley played and beaten over .500?? Dudley is overrated. Seen them twice. There's a few school out west that would handle Dudley

Hmm I’m still taking Dudley. We shall see soon. Especially out of the 3a west. 3a east maybe a bit tougher than the west

Knotts left.
What caused the demise of this once powerful program ? Mallard creek ?
Knotts never coached at Mallard Creek. Head Coach Mike Palmeri left for greener pastures. (Denmark High School) Alpharetta GA. Numerous starters hit the door behind him. Entire new staff. 6 of their players are starting at Chambers. A big OL and WR play for Providence Day. QB and DE currently playing for Butler. That’ll demise any team in the State.

Last edited:
Knotts never coached at Mallard Creek. Head Coach Mike Palmeri left for greener pastures. (Denmark High School) Alpharetta GA. Numerous starters hit the door behind him. Entire new staff. 6 of their players are starting at Chambers. A big OL and WR play for Providence Day. QB and DE currently playing for Butler. That’ll demise any team in the State.
I knew that i meant the opening of MC taking some of the student body population.

I was told there was 5,000 people. Standing audience......

Did anyone attend the Chambers vs Mallard Creek game?

Dudley beat {7-2} Eastern Guilford 42-3, {7-3} Southeast Guilford, {7-3}, 4-6} Greensboro Page {Same 4A Conference with {10-0} Grimsley and {9-1} Northern Guillford}. Their only loss was to {7-2} Durham Hillside at Hillside. Dudley scrimmage Grimsley at Grimsley, losing 30-24. They also hosted Chambers {Vance} they play every year and Northern Guilford}. Every year someone from the Charlotte area or a supporter always say the same thing. Dudley doesn't play anyone, their Conference is weak, etc! Ask Charlotte Catholic if Dudley tuff? They have a History of meeting in the Western Conference Finals or Championships. This is the same Team that was one game away from going to the 4A Championship this past spring, losing 24-20 to Winston Salem Mt. Tabor {4A Champions}. Dudley can't help where they are placed in a Conference, but they never feared or hid from playing any School. They would love hosting W. Charlotte, they use to play often back in the 90's and 2000's in Football and Basketball.

Dudley is a beast for sure. I'd have Dudley by 10 or so, if I was a betting man. Right now WC hasto get by Cramer and possibly Kings MOuntain before even thinking about Dudley. Will be a great historical NCHSAC matchup. Dont think Dudley has beaten WC in a while though in football.

Dudley is a beast for sure. I'd have Dudley by 10 or so, if I was a betting man. Right now WC hasto get by Cramer and possibly Kings MOuntain before even thinking about Dudley. Will be a great historical NCHSAC matchup. Dont think Dudley has beaten WC in a while though in football.
bigdadd11103 = Nepsy7

Dudley beat {7-2} Eastern Guilford 42-3, {7-3} Southeast Guilford, {7-3}, 4-6} Greensboro Page {Same 4A Conference with {10-0} Grimsley and {9-1} Northern Guillford}. Their only loss was to {7-2} Durham Hillside at Hillside. Dudley scrimmage Grimsley at Grimsley, losing 30-24. They also hosted Chambers {Vance} they play every year and Northern Guilford}. Every year someone from the Charlotte area or a supporter always say the same thing. Dudley doesn't play anyone, their Conference is weak, etc! Ask Charlotte Catholic if Dudley tuff? They have a History of meeting in the Western Conference Finals or Championships. This is the same Team that was one game away from going to the 4A Championship this past spring, losing 24-20 to Winston Salem Mt. Tabor {4A Champions}. Dudley can't help where they are placed in a Conference, but they never feared or hid from playing any School. They would love hosting W. Charlotte, they use to play often back in the 90's and 2000's in Football and Basketball.
Man! I bet those band battles in the stands were just as good what was happening on the field.

Was Roquemore out for Cramer?
No looked like he played. Nhfs had the live stream. I watched some of the first half so don't know if he finished the game or not.
Score stream says it was 18-3 through the 3rd looks like the last few could of been backups on both sides.
I'll take km next week in a close 1

Reactions: smashmouth5
No looked like he played. Nhfs had the live stream. I watched some of the first half so don't know if he finished the game or not.
Score stream says it was 18-3 through the 3rd looks like the last few could of been backups on both sides.
I'll take km next week in a close 1
Thanks. Had heard he might not play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT