ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte vs Mallard Creek

Short week for the Creek and WC off a bye. Looks like a tricky week for practice with a ton of rain Mon-Wed. MC has a tendency to have some let downs after these big wins.

Good old low scoring slobber knocker I think. CAN MC rally two weeks in a row?

My heart says WC, but my brain says MC BIG! possibly 14-21 points. Don't think WC offense will match up well at all vs. Creek defense. It's a huge mismatch in MC favor.

WC defense was on a different level last year. While this year's defense is good it lacks the playmakers upfront they had last year. U don't lose J4, Littlejohn, those lbs, and dbs and get better IMHO.

While WC is coached very well, has homefield, and bye week MC is just better.

MC 35 WC 7

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
I think it's a low scoring, defensive-oriented battle just like last season. WC has an advantage being rested, but will it take them a minute to get going? Best opponent they have seen all season. They have to get off to a good start.

I think it's a low scoring, defensive-oriented battle just like last season. WC has an advantage being rested, but will it take them a minute to get going? Best opponent they have seen all season. They have to get off to a good start.
The beginning of the Monroe game was telling. But one could say Monroe jumped out early in 23 and lost. But if I picked MC Monroe I'd say MC by 14 or more. U just don't beat a good Ohio school and not be legit. MC is legit

I doubt west Charlotte wins... Monroe looked like the better team when they played.... And mallard creek is definitely better than Monroe. Plus mallard creek will still be upset from close loss last year. I say mallard creek by 21

Any given Friday. A lot of folks forget these are 15-18 year old kids. West Charlotte isn’t getting up for Monroe like they are for Creek, Hough or Chambers. Anything can happen. Hell North blew West Charlotte out last year. Can’t compare scores. I like Creek in this one but best believe Dub C will show up. I won’t be surprised if both teams are representing their respective classification in the state championship games.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Any given Friday. A lot of folks forget these are 15-18 year old kids. West Charlotte isn’t getting up for Monroe like they are for Creek, Hough or Chambers. Anything can happen. Hell North blew West Charlotte out last year. Can’t compare scores. I like Creek in this one but best believe Dub C will show up. I won’t be surprised if both teams are representing their respective classification in the state championship games.
It’ll be surprising if West Charlotte represented 3A. They’re good but not championship level good.

They all better pay attention to Dudley. Their issue will be the strength of schedule…they don’t play anyone.
They just fell short by a point on the road to the eventual champs last season and won it all in 2021 with the same schedule so I don’t believe strength of schedule matters if you’re good. Also heard from multiple sources that they came to Charlotte and handled Creek in a scrimmage 4 weeks ago. West Charlotte is hyped up every year because they play in one of the toughest conferences and still never make it’s deep.

Last edited:
With that being said I’m leaving the West Charlotte game early and will never come to a game here again. This is exactly why I sat on Mallard Creeks side.

Anyone know what happened to stop the game.? It looked like people were ducking from “shots” but cant tell.

Anyone know what happened to stop the game.? It looked like people were ducking from “shots” but cant tell.
I didn’t hear any shots but the entire crowd on West Charlotte side started running. Many people in the stands stayed seated because the game wasn’t officially called. As I was walking I did hear someone say someone jumped the fence and possibly had a gun. Then the crowd started running again as I was in the parking lot. I didn’t stick around to find out but tons of cops started showing up.

Was there myself. Sad situation to a good game. Never heard any gunshots or saw any fights. Just people running around crazy. Was alot of non WC, non MC at the game. Wasn't a WC or MC issue. It's a culture issue. Even after being told to remain calm and no emergency one person runs then 2 run then everyone running for no reason. It's a culture issue...... SMH

According to the Charlotte Observer, two separate fights occurred. Don’t know if any weapons were involved.

Saw same thing at a Hopewell game last year but not to this extent. one kid acting crazy by himself then he starts running for no reason then others join in. security got him to STFD and all was well. Like school shooting threats, some folks find it funny and amusing to come to big games and just run and act stupid anticipating and wanting something to go bad. Again it's CULTURE.... There were police and security everywhere at this game. No need to even feel threatened.

According to the Charlotte Observer, two separate fights occurred. Don’t know if any weapons were involved.
Was there. Didn't see any fights at all. Not sure who is giving the observer info. All I heard was somebody said somebody said that they heard somebody say somebody had a gun.

Reactions: NRgrad04
Saw same thing at a Hopewell game last year but not to this extent. one kid acting crazy by himself then he starts running for no reason then others join in. security got him to STFD and all was well. Like school shooting threats, some folks find it funny and amusing to come to big games and just run and act stupid anticipating and wanting something to go bad. Again it's CULTURE.... There were police and security everywhere at this game. No need to even feel threatened.
I didn’t feel threatened because we had to walk through metal detectors to even enter and like you said there was security there but I just don’t stick around to find out anymore these days. Which side were you on?

Was there myself. Sad situation to a good game. Never heard any gunshots or saw any fights. Just people running around crazy. Was alot of non WC, non MC at the game. Wasn't a WC or MC issue. It's a culture issue. Even after being told to remain calm and no emergency one person runs then 2 run then everyone running for no reason. It's a culture issue...... SMH
Left at halftime. Place was packed especially on the WC side. It felt a bit uncomfortable on the fence as I was walking out. It must have been a scary situation because like I said it was packed.

I felt the game was largely unwatchable frankly. It's why I left. 26 penalties with 2 minutes left in the half. There was a stretch where WC couldn't go 2 plays without a flag. Then it took refs 2-3 minutes to sort out what the call was. 1st quarter lasted 45 minutes.

That plus the crowd was just not worth watching.

Reactions: New3ra
I didn’t feel threatened because we had to walk through metal detectors to even enter and like you said there was security there but I just don’t stick around to find out anymore these days. Which side were you on?
MC side. Agree. Left to. HS sports are getting crazy. SMH.

Left at halftime. Place was packed especially on the WC side. It felt a bit uncomfortable on the fence as I was walking out. It must have been a scary situation because like I said it was packed.

I felt the game was largely unwatchable frankly. It's why I left. 26 penalties with 2 minutes left in the half. There was a stretch where WC couldn't go 2 plays without a flag. Then it took refs 2-3 minutes to sort out what the call was. 1st quarter lasted 45 minutes.

That plus the crowd was just not worth watching.
Yes crowd was enormous. Game possibly should have been moved. Police and security were present everywhere so somewhat surprising to have this incident.

Game itself was OK. MC defense is very very good. The game played out exactly as I imagined. WC offense can't score points against stout defenses. MC may, and I mean may be the 2nd best 4A team in the state.
WC is very good, but not on MC level.

MC defense is elite, especially the back 7. They play that 3-3-5 great and they can fly. WC had 2 first downs and maybe 30 yards in first half.
Offense??. Don't know . QB play seems better and alot of speed but started drives twice inside of WC 20 and got zero points. If they are really a top 5 team they are gonna need to be better than that.

MC defense is elite, especially the back 7. They play that 3-3-5 great and they can fly. WC had 2 first downs and maybe 30 yards in first half.
Offense??. Don't know . QB play seems better and alot of speed but started drives twice inside of WC 20 and got zero points. If they are really a top 5 team they are gonna need to be better than that.
Playing a top Ohio team and defeating them then having to play West Charlotte on the road is tough. Not surprised by the flat performance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT