ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte @ Kings Mountain

Kings mountain is exactly who I thought they were. A very good football team that is well coached and doesn’t give up. West Charlotte is also who I thought they was, a very tough Charlotte school that was built to take KMs balance away. I see all this crap about size and speed. Please folks. Watch the game. KM didn’t have trouble moving defenders and running the football. They actually gashed WC. They also decided to challenge a team with a great pass defense (when they didn’t have to early) at the 3A level. The WC defense was talented, battle tested and made KM pay. It’s styles that make fights and that’s what I saw.

Anything can happen with 15, 16, and 17yr old kids. The KM kids have played great all year. We were due for a game like this. Sometimes you have to survive and advance. Being down 19-7 with 8:49 in the game, facing a WC defense that was dialed in on our passing game, key starters with injury issues, these kids did not blink. They showed the heart of a champion in those last 8mins when everything that could go against then went against them. The kids made clutch play after clutch play under tremendous pressure. The KM defense gave up one touchdown all game on a 4th down quick snap before we lined up properly. Trash talk is okay but when adults try to downplay what those kids accomplished then it says alot about your character in my opinion. It also diminishes the efforts of WC. In the big picture of this season, this game says more about our kids than the other big wins we had this year rolled into one. I am proud of the fight this KM team. We will be practicing on Thanksgiving. How many other teams can say that?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
MOUNTIES won by the SKIN of their CHINNY CHIN CHIN off to the FOURTH ROUND.
Was a great game I’m glad they did not give up they went down two possessions straight even with the big penalty after a huge pass play a lot of teams would have crumbled down two scores with 9 mins left and they held WC out of the end zone in their own redzone which was a huge stand then proceeded to do whatever they wanted

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT