ADVERTISEMENT

West Charlotte @ Kings Mountain

I still giggle thinking about last year listening to the podcast and Mr Man Bun from West Charlotte saying something to the effect of "We just need to play decent to win" or "we dont have to play our best to win" and then got throat punched right out of the playoffs.. Then refuse to shake hands after the game

Beat em by 70 KM...

I still giggle thinking about last year listening to the podcast and Mr Man Bun from West Charlotte saying something to the effect of "We just need to play decent to win" or "we dont have to play our best to win" and then got throat punched right out of the playoffs.. Then refuse to shake hands after the game

Beat em by 70 KM...
That would nice. This will be a tough game hopefully we will have #9 Curtis Simpson back for that game because we will need him.

Reactions: Crestuff
Was a little disappointed in the KM home crowd last night. I know the weather was a little messy but you have the number 1 team in 3A playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the 100th year of KM football. Every week should be a party at John Gamble. The players and coaches definitely deserve your support.

Was a little disappointed in the KM home crowd last night. I know the weather was a little messy but you have the number 1 team in 3A playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs in the 100th year of KM football. Every week should be a party at John Gamble. The players and coaches definitely deserve your support.
I think the crowd will be back to normal this week coming up with it being dry. We usually have one of the best crowds number wise.

Agree Smash, I expected a bigger crowd for KM. But I think we all knew this wasn’t going to be a close game.

I think the Mounties win this game, but WC has played a very strong schedule - Indy, Hough, Chambers, The Creek, Butler and have faced some of NC best competition and athletes. KM better not over look this crowd.
But Nah - KM should roll. The next week things could get very, very interesting with EL.
Go Mounties!!!!! Get that first Lombardi 👀

I think the Mounties win this game, but WC has played a very strong schedule - Indy, Hough, Chambers, The Creek, Butler and have faced some of NC best competition and athletes. KM better not over look this crowd.
But Nah - KM should roll. The next week things could get very, very interesting with EL.
Go Mounties!!!!! Get that first Lombardi 👀
WC will be the only team that KM plays that have seen a better team than KM (if that makes sense, it does in my head). That certainly will help WC out.

WC will be the only team that KM plays that have seen a better team than KM (if that makes sense, it does in my head). That certainly will help WC out.
It makes perfect sense. The best team most KM opps have played is KM. The best team WC played maybe Hough, Chambers, Butler, or Indy which could all reasonably beat KM. Thats an advantage to WC. It has showed in the Cramer/Hibriten games.

KM is definitely favored but a WC win would not shock me one bit. WC defense is really good. Offense will struggle against KM. KM is a huge test and a really well coached team.

It makes perfect sense. The best team most KM opps have played is KM. The best team WC played maybe Hough, Chambers, Butler, or Indy which could all reasonably beat KM. Thats an advantage to WC. It has showed in the Cramer/Hibriten games.

KM is definitely favored but a WC win would not shock me one bit. WC defense is really good. Offense will struggle against KM. KM is a huge test and a really well coached team.
I would agree that West Charlotte has played a brutal schedule and they have played great competition but have they beat a team with a good record. This will be a tough game for KM because of the athletes WC has should be a good one.

Last edited:
KM has just as many athletes as WC. And WC is as well coached as KM. Lets get that theory squashed. The difference is QB play. WC has a freshman and KM has Littlejohn. KM has homefield and KM offense is much much more explosive than WC. The key for WC is have sustained drives and dont give up easy scores. KM offense is very variable and can adjust more in a big game. Think KM offense makes their defense better by them being so efficient. Was very impressed with KM offense in the game last year.

Reactions: beamer24
King Mountain should win this by a couple tds or more. Although WC has played some of the best teams in the state, they weren't close to winning any of the matchups. What good is playing tough teams if you can't keep any game close. KM is just going to be another tough team for them imo.

King Mountain should win this by a couple tds or more. Although WC has played some of the best teams in the state, they weren't close to winning any of the matchups. What good is playing tough teams if you can't keep any game close. KM is just going to be another tough team for them imo.
I am glad you said what I was thinking. I try my best not to give any bulletin board to teams through game week but while I respect every opponent let’s keep this in prospective. No disrespect because anything can happen in a game but we are talking about a WC team that beat West Meck 7-0. The same WM team that barely beat Ashbrook 14-9. Also I am not as high on the conference WC plays in as many others in here seem to be. That conference definitely has some very high level elite individual talent. No question about that. There will be multiple D1 players that come out of that conference this year. I am not sold on Charlotte having all these great teams that no one outside of the QC can beat. They will have a great all star team or two that everyone chooses after middle school and the rest live off of that particular all star team’s rep. After 4-5 years it another team that rises with an all star roster. Almost all of those teams in WC’s conference have trash offenses against good teams. When they can’t hit big plays they struggle offensively. This year KM would have finished higher in WC’s conference than WC would finish in the Big South. All that being said we welcome West Charlotte to John Gamble Stadium. Hopefully the WC band can come down and rock out. KM respects WC football and looks forward to competing with a team that has played other high level competition.

Reactions: Crestuff
I am glad you said what I was thinking. I try my best not to give any bulletin board to teams through game week but while I respect every opponent let’s keep this in prospective. No disrespect because anything can happen in a game but we are talking about a WC team that beat West Meck 7-0. The same WM team that barely beat Ashbrook 14-9. Also I am not as high on the conference WC plays in as many others in here seem to be. That conference definitely has some very high level elite individual talent. No question about that. There will be multiple D1 players that come out of that conference this year. I am not sold on Charlotte having all these great teams that no one outside of the QC can beat. They will have a great all star team or two that everyone chooses after middle school and the rest live off of that particular all star team’s rep. After 4-5 years it another team that rises with an all star roster. Almost all of those teams in WC’s conference have trash offenses against good teams. When they can’t hit big plays they struggle offensively. This year KM would have finished higher in WC’s conference than WC would finish in the Big South. All that being said we welcome West Charlotte to John Gamble Stadium. Hopefully the WC band can come down and rock out. KM respects WC football and looks forward to competing with a team that has played other high level competition.
Lol. KM is favored. Their best team in their history. If they dont win the ship its a disappointment. To say trash offenses but the KM have played against have been extra trash then. Youve got a conference with championships and dominnace. KM would likely finish 4th in WC conf. WC likely 3rd in KM conf. Really hope KM wins as this is their so called year.

From forestview down KM conference is hot garbage. 🔥 🔥 🔥 garbage. Not remotely comparable to WC conference. KM may be a better team but if they played same sked WC is 10-2 and KM is 7-5.

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
It doesn’t matter what conference you play in to me. Your conference dont play for you. It only matters how good your team is and how well they can execute. Heck North Gaston has gotten the crap beat outta them for several years now. I haven’t seen it make them any better.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
It doesn’t matter what conference you play in to me. Your conference dont play for you. It only matters how good your team is and how well they can execute. Heck North Gaston has gotten the crap beat outta them for several years now. I haven’t seen it make them any better.
Correct. 100%. Conference dont matter. Competition does. KM has been super dominant. Only point is WC will not be intimidated. Will be a good game. Cant wait! Few years back 2006 it was a super Crest team that WC dismantled on the road when everyone picked Crest big......

That was a good WC team. Didn’t the RB transfer to Independence the next year? Can’t remember his name. They played East Gaston next that year. Couldn’t stop the run either.

Correct. 100%. Conference dont matter. Competition does. KM has been super dominant. Only point is WC will not be intimidated. Will be a good game. Cant wait! Few years back 2006 it was a super Crest team that WC dismantled on the road when everyone picked Crest big......
Lol. You are hilarious. If you think WC is going to win than say that and stop being scary while trying to give yourself a way out if you lose. This is 2022 WC vs KM. It has absolutely nothing to do with 2006. Man up instead of talking innuendo. Last year you ran and hid after deleting all your posts about how WC was too much for 3A. News flash, y'all a 3A team. You said y’all would have gone 10-2 with KM’s schedule. Let me see. We have wins over Shelby, Burns, Asheville, South Point, and Crest. Who WC beating out of that bunch?

Last edited:
That was a good WC team. Didn’t the RB transfer to Independence the next year? Can’t remember his name. They played East Gaston next that year. Couldn’t stop the run either.
Rod chisolm. Yes he did transfer to Indy. Had a great year but no ship. Had he stayed WC wins the ship IMHO. Funny how things work out.

Lol. You are hilarious. If you think WC is going to win than say that and stop being scary while trying to give yourself a way out of you if you lose. This is 2022 WC vs KM. It has absolutely nothing to do with 2006. Man up instead of talking innuendo. Last year you ran and his after deleting all your posts about how WC was too much for 3A. News flash, y'all a 3A team. You said y’all would have gone 10-2 with KM’s schedule. Let me see. We have wins over Shelby, Burns, Asheville, South Point, and Crest. Who WC beating out of that bunch?
Didnt run no where. KM should win. Will be rooting for WC. Think WC has a good chance to win.
Easy Crest, Shelby, Asheville, and Burns. SP likely loss.

KM losses to Indy, Butler, MC, Chambers and Hough.

Didnt run no where. KM should win. Will be rooting for WC. Think WC has a good chance to win.
Easy Crest, Shelby, Asheville, and Burns. SP likely loss.

KM losses to Indy, Butler, MC, Chambers and Hough.
Hough is the only guaranteed loss I would give KM. KM beats Independence easily. MC and Chambers this year would be toss ups and dog fights. Also the non conference wins WC have over Harding and Garinger would not make our jv’s break a sweat. All playoff football things aside I am actually a fan of WC’s sports history. I remember watching Brian Knuckles and the great offenses WC had under Coach Knotts, Coach Hardin, and Coach Gilchrist. The first state championship game that I seen in person was WC vs Garner. I also remember the battles with Richmond County. Also if this was basketball than I wouldn’t be saying sh_t because I know what WC do on the b-ball court lol.

Hough is the only guaranteed loss I would give KM. KM beats Independence easily. MC and Chambers this year would be toss ups and dog fights. Also the non conference wins WC have over Harding and Garinger would not make our jv’s break a sweat. All playoff football things aside I am actually a fan of WC’s sports history. I remember watching Brian Knuckles and the great offenses WC had under Coach Knotts, Coach Hardin, and Coach Gilchrist. The first state championship game that I seen in person was WC vs Garner. I also remember the battles with Richmond County. Also if this was basketball than I wouldn’t be saying sh_t because I know what WC do on the b-ball court lol.
Ehhh. I don't know about the bolded.

Ehhh. I don't know about the bolded.
Independence got better as the season went on and so they are playing with more confidence right now. Chambers and MC are too up and down overall. Their defenses are rugged but their offenses are way too one dimensional and basic and one dimensional this year. Tunnel screens all day by Chambers and MC offense just all over the place. That’s why Chambers is home now. Now if MC was patient and lined up and played smash mouth behind that huge offensive line than that would be very tough for any 3A team and most 4A teams but they do not have the patience to play that way for 4 qtrs in my opinion. Also notice I said this year not any other year lol. Their individual talent as elite college prospects is another story lol. Now that part is different. My point is that those matchups would be a lot closer than some people think.

Last edited:
Just for fun I looked it up to see how close I am to the Calpreps matchup projections. Interesting projections.

Chambers 24-21 over KM
KM 21-20 over MC
Independence 28-27 over KM
KM 27-22 over Butler

I guess I was off on the Indy east win lol.

Just for fun I looked it up to see how close I am to the Calpreps matchup projections. Interesting projections.

Chambers 24-21 over KM
KM 21-20 over MC
Independence 28-27 over KM
KM 27-22 over Butler

I guess I was off on the Indy east win lol.
If u saw WC/Garner then u dont know WC history. Harding played Garner in 87. WC lost to 71st.

Dont know about the bold either. CHAMBERS, MC, HOUGH , and Butler/Indy would be favored over KM. KM might beat Indy. Might...

If u saw WC/Garner then u dont know WC history. Harding played Garner in 87. WC lost to 71st.

Dont know about the bold either. CHAMBERS, MC, HOUGH , and Butler/Indy would be favored over KM. KM might beat Indy. Might...
Oops it was Harding/WC. Tommy Knotts was coaching however. Mixed them up.
As far as the matchups. My opinion is my opinion but it’s grounded in a lot of football knowledge especially when it comes to Mecklenburg and Cleveland Co football. I didn’t see one Mecklenburg fan that even entertained the thought that Chambers could lose to AC. Many of us in the know were completely aware that Chambers was walking into a dogfight. With probably the exception of Hough there are no guaranteed wins in CC for any of the other teams you mentioned. WC will have the opportunity to represent Char-Meck this Friday and show us how far our football is behind all of you. WC is representing the great state of Mecklenburg football correct?

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Mecklenburg is a County not a state. You might know football but you’ve got a lot to learn about counties and names. In Gaston County back in the day we had to identify the 100 counties in the 7th grade.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

• Haha
Reactions: daletec and KM2ASU
Oops it was Harding/WC. Tommy Knotts was coaching however. Mixed them up.
As far as the matchups. My opinion is my opinion but it’s grounded in a lot of football knowledge especially when it comes to Mecklenburg and Cleveland Co football. I didn’t see one Mecklenburg fan that even entertained the thought that Chambers could lose to AC. Many of us in the know were completely aware that Chambers was walking into a dogfight. With probably the exception of Hough there are no guaranteed wins in CC for any of the other teams you mentioned. WC will have the opportunity to represent Char-Meck this Friday and show us how far our football is behind all of you. WC is representing the great state of Mecklenburg football correct?
AC Reynolds is a great team this year. Year to year teams change. Names dont. Chambers is not the team they were last year, and next year the dip will be even more significant. They still have the name recogniton but not the same team.

WC is representing the QC by default only. Lol. Next years team will be much better. If not a fan have KM by 14. As a fan u root but it will be tough. The fresh qb has gotten more comfy and the defense will compete. If u need meck info ask nepsy, btango or myself. Lololololololol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT