ADVERTISEMENT

West Caldwell Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrior56592

Oct 27, 2016
You would have thought they would have been some improvement but I dont see it. And why if your down two touchdowns with right at a min too go in the third quarter and your on your opponents 35 yard line fouth down and you punt the football. I think at that point you have to go for it if you want a chance to get back in the game. I just don't understand whats going on but the offense is bad and the defense is worse. I dont want to be on here bashing the coach but its as bad as I've seen it. You would hope for improvement but its not improved at all. It's sad to see a football program thats was once respected to what it is now.

You would have thought they would have been some improvement but I dont see it. And why if your down two touchdowns with right at a min too go in the third quarter and your on your opponents 35 yard line fouth down and you punt the football. I think at that point you have to go for it if you want a chance to get back in the game. I just don't understand whats going on but the offense is bad and the defense is worse. I dont want to be on here bashing the coach but its as bad as I've seen it. You would hope for improvement but its not improved at all. It's sad to see a football program thats was once respected to what it is now.
They have the talent it just don't make since.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
2a football in a 1A body. Plain and simple, good athletes just not enough support cast with coaches and numbers. Gona be tough place to get enough kids out to play. I wish they could be competitive too it just doesn’t seems like this is the year either…

HHS was in same boat thru most of 80’s and ninety’s. Things will change, they will be County Champs again, and they will be at or near the top. Winning is contagious, I’m not ready for HHS to lose to West, but it’s gonna happen. The Administration needs to search hard, and not hire someone they “ like” as a person, or some good ole boy. Then they have to be ready to back someone who may send the best athletes home for not showing up. Hibriten will hit a downward swing, but I’ll always back the Panthers, and that’s what Warrior fans have to do for their boys.

Why can they not get a good coach, a program builder. They will never go anywhere with the coach they have. They made a great hire when they hired Billy Anderson for the basketball program. Wake up Mr. Principal and Mr. Athletic director get this program back on track.

That’s hilarious. Kids couldn’t handle buzz. Lol. But I’d love to see it happen

Dumb decisions in the middle of the 2010's lead to this situation.

They had that young coach who improved them in a very short time after they let the wrestling coach off the job. Their 2016 team was really good. Then he got money hungry and went to SC and they were back to square one moving up to 3A, awful timing. Then they had the dumb luck to hire Holman from Davie County who was the hot commodity then; turned out he was incompetent and caused the downfall of 2 programs back to back. West's in better shape than Lexington due to what they did after when they hired the old timer for that one season. He gave West some stability.

Now they are back to square one. The higher ups need to start thinking clearer and harder. There's no reason why they can't contend at Football; their basketball squad is always good. They have shot theirselves in the foot for decades. Until they get higher ups who want to better the program it won't get no better sad to say. I want to see them contending though they are always fun to watch when they are good.

Well it is sad to say that the higher ups are the problem at West. The football program is where it is because of the choices they have made. So the Principle and AD need to do there job and get this program back to being competitive.

They need a winner plain and simple. Just someone who knows how to win and how to show kids how to win. You have got to realize these kids didn’t win in middle school a lot either,,, they need to learn to change that feeling and make it an honor to play at west

They need a winner plain and simple. Just someone who knows how to win and how to show kids how to win. You have got to realize these kids didn’t win in middle school a lot either,,, they need to learn to change that feeling and make it an honor to play at west
Well said

Its time the principal and AD get off their behinds and do something. Do they not care. I'm sorry but the coach they have is not the guy for the job. They should be ashamed of the job they have done as leaders at West.

Monte Simmons is the problem, just like he was at West Iredell. He has that 1 player he cares about, and it's *&$# the rest of the team to promote his pick. Buzz has told him a few things to do, to make the team better. That came to me straight from Simmons mouth. Said it, acted like he cared, then didn't do shit to make it better after telling me he was. You don't have a QB throw for over 500 yards and lose. Especially to RS. Simmons was put there specifically to draw more kids to that school for the purpose of that basketball program. No doubt in my mind. He coached girls basketball at hhs years back, and probably was the worst coach in the country. IMO he took the WC job in retaliation cause hhs passed him up as hc when Clay left and they gave it to Mackey. That was the best move hhs ever made. He would have destroyed the panther program. He don't use his talented players to benefit the team cause it will take the spot light off his qb.
That's the real issue at WC and that program needs to wake up and see it. You can't fix a dumpster fire while continuing to throw gas on the flames!

Monte Simmons is the problem, just like he was at West Iredell. He has that 1 player he cares about, and it's *&$# the rest of the team to promote his pick. Buzz has told him a few things to do, to make the team better. That came to me straight from Simmons mouth. Said it, acted like he cared, then didn't do shit to make it better after telling me he was. You don't have a QB throw for over 500 yards and lose. Especially to RS. Simmons was put there specifically to draw more kids to that school for the purpose of that basketball program. No doubt in my mind. He coached girls basketball at hhs years back, and probably was the worst coach in the country. IMO he took the WC job in retaliation cause hhs passed him up as hc when Clay left and they gave it to Mackey. That was the best move hhs ever made. He would have destroyed the panther program. He don't use his talented players to benefit the team cause it will take the spot light off his qb.
That's the real issue at WC and that program needs to wake up and see it. You can't fix a dumpster fire while continuing to throw gas on the flames!
Well as long as he is the coach they will continue to go no where. They need a coach that can build that program because it's that bad. He is one of the worse coaches they have had. But it seems no one cares.

Really Simmions was put in place to bring basketball kids lol, West Caldwell has never had a problem getting basketball kids. The main issue with the program is these kids have never had a weight program do y’all understand that the weight room was cut in half so the they could make a Mat room for the wrestling team. Then when Monty came he’s had them remove the mat room and bring in new racks and had them make the weight room bigger cause he understands how crucial the weight room is to our football program and the other programs. Maybe if the parents would start being hard on their kids and tell them they suck and they need to get better it would help, but no all you hear in the stands is parents praising their kids cause they made a tackle 30 yards down the field get real people at some point parents and athletes need to hold their selfs reliable for their performances the coach don’t miss blocks he don’t miss tackles he don’t fumble he don’t drop balls. Fact of it is our kids are soft because the parents make them that way period point blank.

9 coaches in 18 years 2 winning seasons I don’t think it’s the coaches theirs other problems
Yeah you talk that BS, but bailed on that school to put your son into Draughn. Everytime you comment you make yourself look like a damn fool. Talk all that crap about kids leaving that program for hhs, can't build the program cause kids jumping ship and leaving and you did same thing. Pretty much a hypocrite.

9 coaches in 18 years 2 winning seasons I don’t think it’s the coaches theirs other problems
You are full of it they don't know how to block or tackle. Coaching has got West where they are. That has shown when English came in and turned it around at least they could block and tackle and was competitive. And now you blaming the kids your an idiot like you've always have been.

Yeah you talk that BS, but bailed on that school to put your son into Draughn. Everytime you comment you make yourself look like a damn fool. Talk all that crap about kids leaving that program for hhs, can't build the program cause kids jumping ship and leaving and you did same thing. Pretty much a hypocrite.
Lol English turned it around hell even you could have coached and won with the talent on that team, with all the problems you have with Monty I’m sure if you confront him on the issues you have he would talk about them

Lol English turned it around hell even you could have coached and won with the talent on that team, with all the problems you have with Monty I’m sure if you confront him on the issues you have he would talk about them
the issue is his coaching
You are full of it they don't know how to block or tackle. Coaching has got West where they are. That has shown when English came in and turned it around at least they could block and tackle and was competitive. And no you blaming the kids your an idiot like you've always have been.

You don’t have a clue about the situation with my son but I will tell you what if you would like to meet face to face and talk about the situation I’m free now

• Haha
Reactions: WC-Warriors
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT