ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 scores

Nothing to brag about but draughn 49 Patton 6. Pretty good play on both sides of the ball tonight. Backup QB -Tillery (sophomore) came in 4th finished the game with a few big plays. Draughn could be be for next 2 years with these young guys they have.

Nothing to brag about but draughn 49 Patton 6. Pretty good play on both sides of the ball tonight. Backup QB -Tillery (sophomore) came in 4th finished the game with a few big plays. Draughn could be be for next 2 years with these young guys they have.
Patton is worst team in wnc

Sounds like a barn burner
It was although it shouldn’t have been. Starmount killed their selfs with penalties and fumbles. Two weeks in a row with 100 yards worth of penalties. But it’s still early still have time to get it all worked out. It was good to see them not drop their heads when they went down and keep fighting.

Commerce GA? How're they?
Really good, the best team Murphy will see during the regular season and playoffs too unless they were to meet up with Mount Airy. Commerce's team depth (not nearly as many going both ways as Murphy) and speed in the backfield were problematic for Murphy.

Commerce's junior RB is D1 talented, he won't end up D1 because he's only 5'7 but he is an elite talent. Commerce's fullback was an absolute monster too.

It wouldn't have changed the outcome, but it didn't help that Murphy's best player played last night sick as a dog. Final score would've been a bit more respectable with him at 100%

Last edited:
Swain and Smoky both looked real bad last night. Super sloppy, tons of 1st and 15, ball on the ground all night and if it wasn’t for Smoky making a few more mistakes than Swain it easily could’ve been a Smoky win. If Swain and Smoky keep playing like that neither will be seeing much success this year. Definitely one of those wins I hated to watch.

Swain and Smoky both looked real bad last night. Super sloppy, tons of 1st and 15, ball on the ground all night and if it wasn’t for Smoky making a few more mistakes than Swain it easily could’ve been a Smoky win. If Swain and Smoky keep playing like that neither will be seeing much success this year. Definitely one of those wins I hated to watch.
Swains still trying to be something that they are not. Everytime they're in shot gun my heart aches. Not sure who's calling the plays but there's no rhythm or consistency. Hard to watch. Great defense though. Feed 13 and 3 the ball and have some play action passes.

Swains still trying to be something that they are not. Everytime they're in shot gun my heart aches. Not sure who's calling the plays but there's no rhythm or consistency. Hard to watch. Great defense though. Feed 13 and 3 the ball and have some play action passes.
You are not a mom and have nothing to do with 04, You are causing problems for an actual swain mom who would not be caught dead posting on this board. You are connected to 2011.

It was although it shouldn’t have been. Starmount killed their selfs with penalties and fumbles. Two weeks in a row with 100 yards worth of penalties. But it’s still early still have time to get it all worked out. It was good to see them not drop their heads when they went down and keep fighting.
What about the huge block punt by AJ that they picked up and gained 40 yards for a first down. It was huge momentum boost for NI and they scored shortly after.

Some crazy stuff in that game.

Reactions: Orange01 and NCBBFB
well if I am close to being right, Swain had nearly 100 yds rushing plus or minus 5 or so. Plus through the air, 150 or so yds. SM, might be 30 yds. rushing and only 80 yds passing. I am just thankful for a mean Defence again.

What about the huge block punt by AJ that they picked up and gained 40 yards for a first down. It was huge momentum boost for NI and they scored shortly after.

Some crazy stuff in that game.
It was a crazy game. Great win and tough fight that should prepare the guys for future games. Some of the same issues as before, dropped pass after dropped pass. Also pass defense. Those two need lots of improvement. We got beat on special teams as well, I didn't expect that. We just about gave the game away.

Reactions: Orange01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT