ADVERTISEMENT

Weathers Creek High

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What has been taking a long time to build now they are getting closer with coming up with a tight budget of $130 million. The athletic fields are not included. It was around $190 million with athletic fields. It was mentioned that will try and work on something so they can have athletic fields included. It could take up to 30 months starting on it. Or possibly sooner

Last edited:
My concern, will it be too small. With only a 1600 student capacity will that be big enough or are they not expecting much growth in that area.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
My concern, will it be too small. With only a 1600 student capacity will that be big enough or are they not expecting much growth in that area.
Like most things in my beloved Iredell County, it will be full and various schools will remain over crowded the day this school is opened. Great foresight at play here.

57 or 58 yeas ago, Iredell County had the following high schools:
Cool Springs, Harmony, Union Grove, Central, Scotts, Celeste Hinkle, Statesville, Troutman, Mooresville, Unity and Morningside. I believe that is 11.
Today counting Weathers Creek (of course not built yet) you have:
North Iredell, West Iredell, South Iredell, Statesville, Mooresville and Lake Norman plus Weathers Creek. I believe that is 7.

I just wonder what would have been the financial plus and/or minus if the powers that be at that time had just added on to the schools they had at that time, not bused kids like myself 20 plus miles to North Iredell (from Cool Springs), a school in the middle of absolutely nowhere, not have had had to buy all those new sites, etc.
I do not have the answer but it sure would be an interesting study and look back. But I remember one of the big reasons given was heating cost. It did not take but one year for that argument to be shredded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT