ADVERTISEMENT

Vance County 94, Granville Central 18

Much more impressed with the previous record holder from Midway, who did it in an 80-73 win where each of his TD's was needed for a win over county rival Hobbton. And though Hobbton lost the game, there's a case where had the record stayed in Midway, players on both sides/both winners & losers could take some pride in later years in having been part of an epic, record breaking shootout where both teams played to the final whistle in pursuit of victory. Other than the QB and sounds like maybe more so the coach. not sure how many players from Vance and certainly none from Granville will be "proud" to be associated with that game in their later years.

Brings back memories of the AL Brown beating NW Cabarrus 97-0 back in ‘98.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hon Dines
It’s all fun and games right now. Vance County has played one of the weakest if not weakest football schedule of any 3A team in the state. Their record is fool’s gold. Not one team on their schedule has a winning record right now. Running it up on a team just to tie a record will come back to haunt them. I hope their coach keeps that same energy when someone runs it up on his team for some record that you can only achieve on a hapless opponent.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely shocked that Chris Leak or Joe Cox don't own one of those records. Seems like Indy broke every passing record in the state or so I thought.

I'm genuinely shocked that Chris Leak or Joe Cox don't own one of those records. Seems like Indy broke every passing record in the state or so I thought.
There are many guys who could have passed for 10 td’s in a game if their coaches would kept them in throwing passes against obviously undermanned opponents when the team is already up big.

Last edited:
There are many guys who could have passed for 10 td’s in a game if their coaches would keep them in throwing passes against obviously undermanned opponents when the team is already up big.
I'm not being funny here. I promise.

It could be done this week if someone wanted it to be done. I know that for a fact. But, at some point one of the things you teach young men is just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

I would love for Vance County to get a dose of Cleveland County in the playoffs.

It could be done this week if someone wanted it to be done. I know that for a fact. But, at some point one of the things you teach young men is just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

I would love for Vance County to get a dose of Cleveland County in the playoffs.
What he said

Example tnis joke of a conference we are in just last week against Highland tech

I think we ran 14 plays the entire game and it was 71-0 we didn’t run a single play in the second half on offense

Our QB threw for 6 tds in the first half

The game before he completed 9 passes 6 were for tds in first half and most were little dink passes to the outside … you just DONT do that for a silly record …

I hope they get a crest in the playoffs and JimBob scores 100 on em ! He’s just the type that will break one off on em ha ha ha ha

If u didn't run a play entire 2ND half did u just take a knee the entire half?

Vance County has played Cleveland County before…State Title game 2006…Just the Southern half thou…Took them Lions to limit….Far as GC tell them to get better in Football….

Always funny to see the PowerHouse Teams fans talk about somebody running up the Score….LMAO…..Y’all being doing it for years….

Vance County has played Cleveland County before…State Title game 2006…Just the Southern half thou…Took them Lions to limit….Far as GC tell them to get better in Football….

Always funny to see the PowerHouse Teams fans talk about somebody running up the Score….LMAO…..Y’all being doing it for years….
74-12 at the half and your starting quarterback is still in the game passing the ball? Classless no matter how you look at it. I hope VC enjoy beating up on those middle school teams on their schedule this season because they will see some real teams in the 3A playoffs. Team that can actually line up correctly on defense and defend a little pop pass.

This is hilarious. Most sensible people call out their coaches when they act like morons, not double down on the idiocy. You sound like what your coach is...

It’s all fun and games right now. Vance County has played one of the weakest if not weakest football schedule of any 3A team in the state. Their record is fool’s gold. Not one team on their schedule has a winning record right now. Running it up on a team just to tie a record will come back to haunt them. I hope their coach keeps that same energy when someone runs it up on his team for some record that you can only achieve on a hapless opponent.
They won't make it past the 2nd round......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT