ADVERTISEMENT

updated 1a west bracket

We were lucky to have a good group of parents. Myself and the head coach would get to the field to warm the girls up and couple parents would already have a spot set up with multiple canopies then usually set ours up along with having a couple coolers of waters and gatorades or powerades for the girls for the day. Made life so much easier. I will say this all of our players unless we had to pick up due to one being sick are currently MH players. That’s why it’s so depressing to see them deciding not to play.
Understandable. All that work, sweat, effort, miles, money etc - and to feel it’s being wasted is awful. The dedication of softball parents is second to none

We were lucky to have a good group of parents. Myself and the head coach would get to the field to warm the girls up and couple parents would already have a spot set up with multiple canopies then usually set ours up along with having a couple coolers of waters and gatorades or powerades for the girls for the day. Made life so much easier. I will say this all of our players unless we had to pick up due to one being sick are currently MH players. That’s why it’s so depressing to see them deciding not to play.
Hate they’re not playing.
Seems to happen a lot nowadays

Reactions: 97Cougar
Hate they’re not playing.
Seems to happen a lot nowadays
I should clarify has nothing to do with playing time. It’s not a my kid should have been playing kinda deal. Mine didn’t even play last year because of the situation. The others that are talking about not playing this year played a lot as freshmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Griddie
Back in 80s and 90s were very good. Last year was first year of new young coach and things are looking up. His numbers were greatly improved at a recent interest meeting. Wrestling seems to be all about the culture and he is trying to help that. Problem is the charter school that is in conference now. Seems like they attract a lot of up and coming wrestlers.

Seems like your local charter is good at drawing wrestlers out of the lottery .
Hopefully they will be 2a soon enough

For what it's worth now highschool ot has Thomas Jefferson listed with the 1's. So I guess the "or" is supposed to be there? Currently the 1's in order are 1.ER 2.MA 3.Mitchell 4.MIC 5.TJA 6. Thomasville 7. Robbinsville(will jump at least Thomasville with win tonight) still don't know if it's "and" or "and/or" for split conferences.

For what it's worth now highschool ot has Thomas Jefferson listed with the 1's. So I guess the "or" is supposed to be there? Currently the 1's in order are 1.ER 2.MA 3.Mitchell 4.MIC 5.TJA 6. Thomasville 7. Robbinsville(will jump at least Thomasville with win tonight) still don't know if it's "and" or "and/or" for split conferences.
TJ cant be a 1 seed, as they are neither .500 or top 3 in their conference. Highschool OT heavily favors the schools surrounding the Cha/Meck area, especially the charters. in the past their projections/predictions have been very wrong showing schools like TJ, MICS and LNC in places that they weren't supposed to be.

TJ is 5 and 3. And 3 and 3(.500) in conference.?
Yes thus they will get a No. 1 apparently if they win on Friday night. To further confuse this is the .500 overall record or conference. Though it doesn’t matter I just checked, they have a non-conference game Friday.

I posted that bc Mitchell for some reason said they were not .500 and that highschoolot favors them for some reason which I found strange....it's predictions why would he predict a higher seed bc he likes them better than another team. He probably predicts mics and tj wrong bc nobody knows the rules on split conferences and they change every postseason it seems like.

Reactions: Griddie
Got clarification from the state… and/or means that both criteria are not required. TJ did not finish 3rd but they are 3-3 in conference (and have an above .500 overall record) both which meet the criteria. I’m told TJ will fall somewhere between 4-6 in seedings

Reactions: Griddie and KW23
Scott4boys serious ? How did you guys almost beat east gaston...and then almost lose to cherryville? Was there guys hurt vs cherryville?

I didn’t make it to the Cherryville game but I know there were several injuries after the three game stretch of East Gaston, Shelby and Burns.

How did you guys almost beat east gaston...and then almost lose to cherryville? Was there guys hurt vs cherryville?

Injuries, sloppy defense, and turnovers. Half of TJs possessions vs Cherryville ended in turnovers.

Got clarification from the state… and/or means that both criteria are not required. TJ did not finish 3rd but they are 3-3 in conference (and have an above .500 overall record) both which meet the criteria. I’m told TJ will fall somewhere between 4-6 in seedings
I thought that’s what it meant. So that’s that. At least some clarification thanks

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT