ADVERTISEMENT

Up To 15" of Rain Coming "Update 1:16 PM Thur.

All games should be Thursday night with only 50% chance of rain.Just my opinion ! This could go on Friday thru Monday....

Last edited:
You have to consider schools that played on Monday of this week and some schools played yesterday. This rain could and is having an impact on conference finishes.

E.Sury & Atkins Is already doing that on Oct 9th & 12th if it keeps raining on Friday then this will and has happened. https://ncpreps.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2015&School=86
So what do you propose . The games yesterday can be next Tuesday Maybe ? I don't think it should keep going till the last of the season and hurt teams in one area and give teams from other area an advantage in the play offs . I am just looking ahead to what can happen. This is 2 weekends in a row . The smarter schools played last Thursday & Friday ,some in the rain with no thunder. Anyone have a better idea ?

Happens all the time in basketball to the mountain teams ... Just part of life

No NO No .....Mother Nature is out of whack this year. I think she is taking meds somewhere! It is making her very very depressed!

E.Sury & Atkins Is already doing that on Oct 9th & 12th if it keeps raining on Friday then this will and has happened. https://ncpreps.rivals.com/hsHighSchool.asp?Year=2015&School=86
So what do you propose . The games yesterday can be next Tuesday Maybe ? I don't think it should keep going till the last of the season and hurt teams in one area and give teams from other area an advantage in the play offs . I am just looking ahead to what can happen. This is 2 weekends in a row . The smarter schools played last Thursday & Friday ,some in the rain with no thunder. Anyone have a better idea ?
ES actually has three games scheduled in 8 days. 9th, 12th and 16th. Tough schedule no matter how many are considered easy

BREAKING NEWS

Stokes and Surry County incident Alerts

Gov. Pat McCrory has placed all of North Carolina under a state of Emergency ahead of the hurricane. Please start making plans now as we are facing some major flooding in our area.
6201@1:16pm

Watching the weather channel this morning, and looks like the heavy rain is trending more for the SW Mountains of N.C, South Carolina and North Georgia...Here in Transylvania County, we've already had 8+ inches within the last week, so we will have some very serious issues if the projected 8-12 for our area happens....Probably going to be lots of Mudslides along with Bridge's washed-out, so be careful out there on the road this weekend....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT