ADVERTISEMENT

Unanimous vote 8 classifications

amaidendevil

Aug 12, 2022
Barring any unforeseen circumstances looks like we're going to be a 8 classification state

Already done that with the four classes divided. At least there won't be the stupid arguments about A vs AA.
I like it this way better I felt like small a and AA kind of cheapen the single a

I like it this way better I felt like small a and AA kind of cheapen the single a
I’ve never understood that argument. The schools were more evenly matched by size. The same thing 8 classifications are going to do. What I liked about it and will like about 8 classifications is having more games to go to on championship weekend. I get kind of desperate knowing it’s all fixing to end. Hurts even typing it.

Some of the reports that I have seen say there will be a 1A/2a champion in football due to the number of schools without football. That may be where the 7 classes was pondered.

Reactions: RD28327
Some of the reports that I have seen say there will be a 1A/2a champion in football due to the number of schools without football. That may be where the 7 classes was pondered.
I believe that will be in other smaller sports like lacrosse.

I’ve never understood that argument. The schools were more evenly matched by size. The same thing 8 classifications are going to do. What I liked about it and will like about 8 classifications is having more games to go to on championship weekend. I get kind of desperate knowing it’s all fixing to end. Hurts even typing it.
Ur right it's the same thing lol. But it was bad marketing of the presentation by the nchsaa especially with calling them the small A and big A. All about marketing and presentation

This is about $$$$$$$$. Not competition

Eight classes but I think there will only be seven championships for football as 1A and 2A will combine for a title in that sport. Six classes would work out much better.

Reactions: dogs79
Well 2nd to none looks like your golden lions MIGHT have a chance to dodge the rams again.
Talent very thin currently in what will be 4A if I’m not mistaken. If no powers emerge the championship will be the Shelby invitational versus rams/East duplin/clinton every year.

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
8 classes - 1 charter/parochial class and 7 public classes. Will work out to around. 50 per class or so.

Reactions: btango
Probably not any higher percentage then currently making it to playoffs. The days of top 2 teams in each conference making playoffs is way gone

Reactions: beamer24
To go to 8 classes money is involved somehow. I like 4 classes myself and would be a fan of 6 but 8 just waters it down pretty bad. Maybe once they reveal all the details I will come around.
Lot more schools now than in the thrilling days of yesteryear ...

I'll always defer to the coaches and AD's as to how many classes they prefer.
Is this "football only", or would going to 8 classes affect all 20 or so varsity sports?

I'll always defer to the coaches and AD's as to how many classes they prefer.
Is this "football only", or would going to 8 classes affect all 20 or so varsity sports?
From my understanding it's all sports but I hope I read that wrong. The majority I have talked to wanted 6 and personally I thought that made much more sense. 1A and 6A would be the extremely Large and Small schools and then divide out the remaining. To be fair we really have no clue how it will all work out. Maybe we all agree with it. Hard to tell with just 8 being the only details. lol

From my understanding it's all sports but I hope I read that wrong. The majority I have talked to wanted 6 and personally I thought that made much more sense. 1A and 6A would be the extremely Large and Small schools and then divide out the remaining. To be fair we really have no clue how it will all work out. Maybe we all agree with it. Hard to tell with just 8 being the only details. lol
1. It's not a money maker for the association. As ALREADY said, basically same amount of teams.
2. Most of the coaches and ADs wanted 8. The reason for the 4 split titles that was done for years. This what they wanted, the NCHSAA wanted 5 or 6 classes for many years.

The main thing is you have to remember is that the school representatives are the ones that make changes for the NCHSAA. Not directed at you but in general, lots of comments not knowing the actual way things are done off of hearsay from others that don't know either.

This is just a caste system for high schools in NC. Let me explain. Charlotte, Forsyth, Raleigh, Durham, and Greensboro is basically your Power 5 counties. With that being said now you have a problem with schools that are able to put their enrollment and create power houses in the lower level classes. For example Winston Salem Prep, will able to bring in kids and get them from the open enrollment notion. Rural areas will not have a fair shot at the titles but mean while the charlotte schools and possibly For Forsyth, and Greensboro could be like the SEC of high school football. I can say for sure that charter schools are laughing to the bank and the private schools are too. North Carolina is making a small mistake about the schools that have open enrollment. I personally think you will see lots of coaches resigning from the larger schools and stacking their deck at smaller areas. Then you have schools like McMichael that can't complete because their enrollment is high.
1A is now going to be the most competitive class. I see a massive realignment of coaches also.

1. It's not a money maker for the association. As ALREADY said, basically same amount of teams.
2. Most of the coaches and ADs wanted 8. The reason for the 4 split titles that was done for years. This what they wanted, the NCHSAA wanted 5 or 6 classes for many years.

The main thing is you have to remember is that the school representatives are the ones that make changes for the NCHSAA. Not directed at you but in general, lots of comments not knowing the actual way things are done off of hearsay from others that don't know either.
Understood. What is the benefit of 8 vs 6? I get that having 4 can be a major range in numbers from the bottom half of the class to the top for sure. More schools now than 20 years ago so I can go with that. Just did not understand why 8? If the number of teams remains the same but with more classes I am good with that as well from the monetary side.

One less round of the playoffs. I say bring back that Endowment game.
I'd love to see the endowment game back. The NCHSAA are going to be in the red this year as far as budget goes. That would help with that wouldn't it? Didn't money from those games go to the NCHSAA?

Reactions: RD28327
Wrestling also would have to combine 1a through 3a to have enough teams

1a would be the same as now. Close
Looked at this possibility...would only be 12 charter schools with football teams...wouldn't work.

But I have another breakdown that's looking real promising. Will post it either tomorrow or next week.

Probably not any higher percentage then currently making it to playoffs. The days of top 2 teams in each conference making playoffs is way gone
Current: 4 classes x 64 = 256 qualifiers
Proposed: 8 classes x 32 = 256 qualifiers

Until it is determined how 1A and 2A are structured it is hard to determine.

Reactions: beamer24
I'd love to see the endowment game back. The NCHSAA are going to be in the red this year as far as budget goes. That would help with that wouldn't it? Didn't money from those games go to the NCHSAA?
25% of the gate but the new NC General Assembly rules do not allow money from the gates, fines, or corporate sponsorship. Do not see how the nchsaa can run efficiently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT