ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola vs North Henderson

91ths

Oct 7, 2010
Looks like JV game cancelled for tonight. due to some injuries and outbreak of the Kung Flu.
Not sure where that leaves us for Fridays game. Maybe some in here have more info.
Hopefully if the game is played our varsity can get a W under their belt GO TUSCOLA!!.

Reactions: The bear guru
If the game does go on as scheduled, what time will it start and where can we get tickets, at the gate or elsewhere?

Had north not turned the ball over this game would have been a blowout! We even got a delay of game on a kick off! Apparently our kicker was having an extended conversation with the ball and tee. Got nowhere to go but up! Only thing I can say 🤭

Disagree on you with being a blowout, those teams were evenly matched, Tuscola has got to make a change at QB, and the kick coverage is absolutely horrible and it has been all three games, I would kick it 10 rows deep the rest of the season. Yes they have many issues but a change needs to be made at QB, if it is a throw beyond 5 or 10 yards you can chalk it up as an INT everytime, and that bubble screen does not work so why keep running it.

Why Mr. 33% doesn't have Kain at QB proves exactly why he is Mr. 33%... But, I guess when you recruit QB/Daddy-Assistant Coach combo deals, you're stuck lying in the bed you made. And, before you jump all over me, just know that I actually pull for you stinkin' Mounties every game but one a year. It benefits us for y'all to be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51
Yea it’s apparent it’s not working out on the field or the sideline!

Why Mr. 33% doesn't have Kain at QB proves exactly why he is Mr. 33%... But, I guess when you recruit QB/Daddy-Assistant Coach combo deals, you're stuck lying in the bed you made. And, before you jump all over me, just know that I actually pull for you stinkin' Mounties every game but one a year. It benefits us for y'all to be better.
I agree with you 100%, and I wasn't aware that was the dynamic so that tells me there will be no change at QB.

Be all this as it may, one thing that hasnt been mentioned I will point out. There is zero doubt that North Henderson is very very much improved. Tuscola, for whatever their offensive shortcomings are, generally play effective defense. North is improved across the board and have found physicality somewhere. They surprised me.

North is improved but it’s easy to use look good when your playing a team that is inept at best on offense. The defense for Tuscola is better but as has been tackling has been forgotten. Is it possible that Postells playbook was broader than the current regime? Just a thought....🧐

Actually, after Friday night he is Mr. 28.5% for his career.:) The Erwin program regressed when he took over and the Smoky Mountain program has improved since he left. Those are facts, not opinions. Just look at the win/loss records. I went last night and it is hard to watch. Our kids play hard but the consistent poor tackling along with the lack of offense will make it difficult for us to win a game. Hate to see it and hope we can somehow improve soon.

Disagree on you with being a blowout, those teams were evenly matched, Tuscola has got to make a change at QB, and the kick coverage is absolutely horrible and it has been all three games, I would kick it 10 rows deep the rest of the season. Yes they have many issues but a change needs to be made at QB, if it is a throw beyond 5 or 10 yards you can chalk it up as an INT everytime, and that bubble screen does not work so why keep running it.

Neuman is correct. If North had just played an average game they would have won by at least 14. They had 3 pics and one bad snap in the first half alone and then another bad punt snap that we recovered in the end zone in the second half. We only had ONE drive all night. #22 gave us a spark the first drive of the second half and then I think he only had 1-2 more carries the remainder of the game?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Tuscola get two kids from Pisgah that wants to play qb?
You are correct sir! Pisgah also lost Korey to Erwin, but we are still winning big games with a QB that played WR as a soph, and RB as jr. Good coaches can coach up kids to play a different position if they are willing to do anything to help their team.

You are correct sir! Pisgah also lost Korey to Erwin, but we are still winning big games with a QB that played WR as a soph, and RB as jr. Good coaches can coach up kids to play a different position if they are willing to do anything to help their team.
I guess that proves team first philosophy works huh.

It’s also ironic that the two kids, that left for Tuscola, would have had an opportunity to be the starting QB for Pisgah this year. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence.

Reactions: bigbear'10
Just trying to resuscitate, no harm intended.
I hear ya man but you're not going to get anything out of the Tuscola faithful. What can they say at this point? They're not very good. They're not going to get much better with Brookshire there and hes not going anywhere until they lose for another season or two. They're going to be bad for a while and Catamount is right. It doesn't help Pisgah when they're this terrible.

I hear ya man but you're not going to get anything out of the Tuscola faithful. What can they say at this point? They're not very good. They're not going to get much better with Brookshire there and hes not going anywhere until they lose for another season or two. They're going to be bad for a while and Catamount is right. It doesn't help Pisgah when they're this terrible.
Was not intending to “pile on” the Mounties or the kids. Hindsight is always 20/20. i agree with Catamount, et al ,about it being better for all when both teams are playing well.

Reactions: 91ths
Is Tuscola QB the one from Erwin last year?

He was good at Erwin. Griffin didnt seem any better. He wouldnt run the ball friday and he seemed shaky.

He was good at Erwin. Griffin didnt seem any better. He wouldnt run the ball friday and he seemed shaky.
Yes He was from Erwin. One other thing that needs addressed no matter who is qb is our line. Hard to QB when you are running for your life. Kinda reminds me of 2010. But also as previously mentioned the pass plays are hard to watch . Maybe we can get back on track. I hope so. On a positive note our JV team is looking pretty good.

Reactions: BK13T-$

He threw for 276 yards 22-39 .Must not have been too shaky.He has thrown for over 200 yards every game this year.Erwins problem is they have no defense.

Last year Erwin threw for more yds on us than last year.
He was shaky.
Erwins problem is zero rushing game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT