ADVERTISEMENT

Truth

buzzcoach

Apr 26, 2004
winston salem nc
As a MA fan I'm going to leave this here. I do think MA has a shot.at the ship. I think 4 th and 5 the Rd games will be very tuff. I honestly don't think we have enough for ER. The schedule we have played really didn't let us know how good we are. MA did beat every team they played bad. I do think they are #2 best team in 1A. ER is a different animal coming down from 2A. They look real good up front on offense. Just whatever happens we are proud of these kids. And no MA fan thinks we are a shoe in to win state. We have as good shot as anyone though. Bash us if it makes you feel better!

I from what film I've seen from ER do think they look more athlectic than anyone in 1a but time will tell I'd love to see Mt Airy go to state but if they don't they don't

How many post do you need to regurgitate the same talking points? We know MA is good. We know you're proud. You should be. But do we need a post every single time you and others get up in their feels about it? Sheesh
How many time MA fans going to get bashed on here and say we are bragging. See you even took this post as bragging. Read it I said I don't think we can beat ER and 4th and 5th Rd will be tuff. Just sick of the BS said about Bear fans. Go read the Mitchell Thomasville crap. That's bragging.

• Wow
Reactions: Ice-cube
East Surry is down on the boards because they know they have no future in 2A. If not practicing basketball after Friday night they will be after the next Friday. You should be yawning on the 2A board because there is only one thread about ES on the 2A started by a 1A poster. LOL, no respect on the 2a for ES..... YAWN ! ! !

No issues with anyone here but football in Mt. Airy has been around 100 years. I saw what Mount Airy was capable of after beating Starmount. Just remember the team's Mount Airy played in 2008 and look at the scores. I believe Mount Airy has the better team.

They are kids so who knows the outcome....

East Surry is down on the boards because they know they have no future in 2A. If not practicing basketball after Friday night they will be after the next Friday. You should be yawning on the 2A board because there is only one thread about ES on the 2A started by a 1A poster. LOL, no respect on the 2a for ES..... YAWN ! ! !

Why is East Surry still being brought up by Mount Airy posters? If East Surry loses this week, does that really matter at MA? Maybe there is only one thread on 2A because there is absolutely no reason for multiple? We all know East Surry isn't what they were the last couple years (including what I've read from their posters). And if you think MA goes to 2A and has the success they have at 1A, you are even crazier than most of us imagine you are.

Last edited:
MA doesn't have 2A.numbers

Neither does East Surry. ADM only counts for 50% of the classification numbers now. The other 50% is split between the previous three years of the Identified Student Percentage (ISP) numbers as submitted by the LEA to DPI (25%), and the average of the previous three years of NCHSAA State Cup points (25%).

I got you Buzz, I’m just happy thomasville with around 500 kids are finally back in a class where they belong. The last 4 years playing some schools with 800-1100 kids and 100 kids on the sidelines has been tough. We faired well but are truly just now getting back , the next 4/5 years Atleast we will be in the mix. Currently 11 starting freshman and sophomores playing on the varsity squad. Good luck to everyone, just happy to be here

I got you Buzz, I’m just happy thomasville with around 500 kids are finally back in a class where they belong. The last 4 years playing some schools with 800-1100 kids and 100 kids on the sidelines has been tough. We faired well but are truly just now getting back , the next 4/5 years Atleast we will be in the mix. Currently 11 starting freshman and sophomores playing on the varsity squad. Good luck to everyone, just happy to be here
Probably should have stayed up with the beating you about to get on Friday night.

On the one hand, happy for Thomasville not having to play much bigger schools. At the same time, you have to know there are schools with 200-400 kids in 1A that feel the same way you did about 2A about having to play Thomasville again. Just remembering the last time they were 1A when everything went through Thomasville in 1A for football, men's hoops, and women's hoops for about a decade. Think they even kept W-S Prep from a basketball title or two. It is what it is, though. Certainly not the fault of any of the schools themselves. NC just needs more classes.

Last edited:
I know someone said it's gone down this year and it could have and could easily come down below 600 when the 2021 numbers come out but the lastest official North Carolina DPI report card has Thomasville high school population @ 634... The NCHSAA AMD used for the 2021-25 realignment was 638 one of seven 600+ schools in 1A.
While there are schools of less then 600 in 2A if say East Surry meets Monroe in the playoffs that's Monroe @ 1006 ES @ 588.
But like I said about Eastern Randolph nothing the schools or can do about it not their fault you just have to play were they put you but the realignment formal is odd having two schools (an actual situation) with the same exact ADM but one in 1A and one in 2A because the 2A one's three year Wells Fargo cup points were higher..Or the difference in two schools because of the three year average of the ISP percentage.

I know someone said it's gone down this year and it could have and could easily come down below 600 when the 2021 numbers come out but the lastest official North Carolina DPI report card has Thomasville high school population @ 634... The NCHSAA AMD used for the 2021-25 realignment was 638 one of seven 600+ schools in 1A.
While there are schools of less then 600 in 2A if say East Surry meets Monroe in the playoffs that's Monroe @ 1006 ES @ 588.
But like I said about Eastern Randolph nothing the schools or can do about it not their fault you just have to play were they put you but the realignment formal is odd having two schools (an actual situation) with the same exact ADM but one in 1A and one in 2A because the 2A one's three year Wells Fargo cup points were higher..Or the difference in two schools because of the three year average of the ISP percentage.
Those numbers are from the 2020 ADMs. Current ES numbers are around 608, Monroe is up to 1200. Sucks that the NCHSAA used a screwed up formula to determine realignment and really sucks for ES that they made the change to use the Wells Fargo standings as 25% when they’d had their 3 best program-wide years in school history. It is what it is though. The Cardinals will deal with it at least through this year - maybe it will be changed sooner rather than later thanks to the General Assembly oversight that’s coming from HB91. If not, they will battle and do their best until 2025. Anyway, good luck to the Granite Bears the rest of the way this fall!

Reactions: BK13T-$
Those numbers are from the 2020 ADMs. Current ES numbers are around 608, Monroe is up to 1200. Sucks that the NCHSAA used a screwed up formula to determine realignment and really sucks for ES that they made the change to use the Wells Fargo standings as 25% when they’d had their 3 best program-wide years in school history. It is what it is though. The Cardinals will deal with it at least through this year - maybe it will be changed sooner rather than later thanks to the General Assembly oversight that’s coming from HB91. If not, they will battle and do their best until 2025. Anyway, good luck to the Granite Bears the rest of the way this fall!
I'm sure your right about the numbers the 2020 is all I could find it's the lastest year they have on the North Carolina DPI website which has East Surry @ 576 which seems odd they should have 1st quarter posted I'm sure they are somewhere I just haven't seen a website with them ,I've seen DPI numbers in the past on a spreadsheet before but it didn't separate the schools just county numbers.

Can we merge all these Mayberry threads into 1 giant one called "The Greatest Team There Ever Was."

It's really hard to find other threads when you have to dig through 5 tons of granite rock and Buzz's refrigerator.
We getting accused of bragging so much so I figured might as well post alot of bragging.

I'm sure your right about the numbers the 2020 is all I could find it's the lastest year they have on the North Carolina DPI website which has East Surry @ 576 which seems odd they should have 1st quarter posted I'm sure they are somewhere I just haven't seen a website with them ,I've seen DPI numbers in the past on a spreadsheet before but it didn't separate the schools just county numbers.
Not sure why DPI doesn't have 2021 numbers in yet. NCHSAA isn't posting them because they have no need to (since they are NOT subdividing football at this point). You can search for most up to date numbers at publicschoolreview.com/school-size-stats/north-carolina to get school profile (number of students, ranking of the school based on several academic factors, etc.).

Not sure why DPI doesn't have 2021 numbers in yet. NCHSAA isn't posting them because they have no need to (since they are NOT subdividing football at this point). You can search for most up to date numbers at publicschoolreview.com/school-size-stats/north-carolina to get school profile (number of students, ranking of the school based on several academic factors, etc.).
Right the reason I looked at DPI because like you say NCHSAA has no reason to do it anymore at least until they do the next realignment.
I looked at public school review it had Thomasville @ 672 but at the bottom of their site it states source 2017-2018 NCDPI

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT