ADVERTISEMENT

Triad

Top program just like creek, butler and Dudley.????????????

All of the above have captured State Championships!

So...just want to get this correct. East Forsyth gets to one regional final ( and gets beat) in the past two decades and they are now on the same level as Butler and Mallard Creek who have won 6 of the last 7 4aa titles. This is reason why Forsyth County football gets laughed at by Meck county fans.

You had a great season and everyone has fallen over themselves congratulating you for it. Now, lets get back to reality. You haven't beaten a top tier Meck County team in at least 20 years. Fact.
You haven't been to a title game since Hillary Clinton's husband was President. Fact.

You almost beat Butler in 2012 and you almost beat Mallard Creek in 2015. Fact. You also lost to a Providence team that was missing its top 5 guys and had a sophomore TE playing his first game at QB in 2014. Fact. Got beat by Butler by 49 points in 2010. Fact.

How about we win something first before we put ourselves on the same level as multiple state title winners. Even better lets get to a regional final more than once in 20 years before you claim to be on the same level as a team that has been to 5 straight.

Leading at half time and celebrating on the sidelines, stands and on social media in the last 5 minutes of a regional final game isn't the same thing as actually winning one.

They reason MC won was because they won the trench battle as you said for sure. But it showed some football IQ immaturity when you scoffed at the notion that keeping everything in front isn't a defensive strategy lol. That's a core principle in any defense. Obviously scheme and coverage are the key elements that feed into that. You actually proved my point with your response. It doesn't matter whether east gave up 600 yards or whether MC gave up 38 points. MC won because they were better and would win that game 7 out of 10 times in my opinion. They are the best in the state.

My argument with keeping everything in front of them. They didn't have a choice!
Come on Man you can't call out someone's Football IQ with statements like that.

Please stop insulting EF program with such an Idiotic strategy! The core principal is to stop the offense. 3 and out......lol

Last edited:
They reason MC won was because they won the trench battle as you said for sure. But it showed some football IQ immaturity when you scoffed at the notion that keeping everything in front isn't a defensive strategy lol. That's a core principle in any defense. Obviously scheme and coverage are the key elements that feed into that. You actually proved my point with your response. It doesn't matter whether east gave up 600 yards or whether MC gave up 38 points. MC won because they were better and would win that game 7 out of 10 times in my opinion. They are the best in the state.

There defensive strategy was GOD I HOPE WE CAN OUTSCORE THEM. They didn't keep anything in front, in back or on the side of them. 600 yards and 41 pts. An offsides penalty and a holding call turned potentially 14 more points into 3.

They had a great offensive team and a great offensive scheme. Very good Oline ( Look what MC did to Page a week later) a super talented kid in Nique Martin and a gutty performance by the QB who hung in and took some big shots and kept delivering. Their defense was average not only in this game but they gave up 35 to Reagan and 30 to Page.

They just weren't very good defensively. Its not a crime or a lack of football IQ. Its just reality. If their defense was as good as their offense they are probably wearing a ring and the Meck county fans are taking a beating. But it wasn't and it had nothing to do with their strategy.

Reactions: ForsythFootball
Nepsy7, you are exactly right. They were severely out talented which is why they had no choice but to play scheme and coverage to keep everything in front on defense. That was my point the whole time. Their staff obviously knew their limitations and knew it'd be an uphill battle to keep creek out of the end zone. Any other strategy and they would have been down 3-4 scores by half time. I already said they weren't exactly stout on defense to put it nicely. We agree on more than you think. I'm simply pointing out things along the way that contributed to them even being in the game with creek.

Candidly I don't give a shit either way because I'm a fan of neither school but think that you have to look at the game beyond the game if you are focusing solely on stats.

10-4 Now that you put it that way. I just didn't think that EF coaching staff felt their 14-0 squad could'nt stop the Creek and needed to implement that strategy.

Last edited:
did Willert tell his kids that? Surely not.

But proof is in the pudding lol. They knew if they put 9 or 10 in the box against the Creek, they may give up 35-40 by half time which is why they spread the field on defense and allowed their kids to play in zones because man to man, they were severely out-talented almost across the board and kept everything in front. It allowed the clock to run, gave them opportunities for turnovers in the event they got into third down situations. The longer they were able to stay in the game, the better they felt. They shot themselves in the foot a few times in the second half, but overall, they executed their game plan pretty well and put themselves in position with an opportunity to win the game. Any other strategy and they would have got massacred like Page did.

did Willert tell his kids that? Surely not.

But proof is in the pudding lol. They knew if they put 9 or 10 in the box against the Creek, they may give up 35-40 by half time which is why they spread the field on defense and allowed their kids to play in zones because man to man, they were severely out-talented almost across the board and kept everything in front. It allowed the clock to run, gave them opportunities for turnovers in the event they got into third down situations. The longer they were able to stay in the game, the better they felt. They shot themselves in the foot a few times in the second half, but overall, they executed their game plan pretty well and put themselves in position with an opportunity to win the game. Any other strategy and they would have got massacred like Page did.

I don't disagree with that at all which is to say that it goes back to the very first point I made on this thread. There defense wasn't that good. They had a very good ( not great) Mallard Creek team that turned it over, shot themselves in the foot in the red zone and gave up basically two TD's on special teams ( one kick off return, one fake punt that led to a TD after they were off the field) on the ropes. Up 20 pts at one point and up 8 points with the ball in their hands at mid field with 1:30 seconds left and couldn't get it done. Lets give Mallard Creek some credit for playing huge in big moments but against a good defense that never happens.

Now.. as it relates to this year I think East Forsyth is most likely gonna be in the exact same spot. In a 3rd or 4th round game against either Butler or Mallard Creek for a chance to get to the title game. Butler will be better than last year. 8 back on what I thought was the best defense in the state last year and Hales with a 2nd year QB has usually averaged about 45 points a game.

I expect Mallard Creek to be a step down on offense but a significant step up on defense. 6 or 7 starters back. Add 3 star NCstate commit Jacobe Clement to corner. Defensive player of the year in the Big South Cameren Lowery to OLB. MD and Team USA DE Brian lassiter at 6'3 225 to DE. Rising Junior Jordan Davis at 6'5 320 who just received offers from UNC and NC State and 4 star NC State commit Grant Gibson back to DT where he started as a sophomore. They will be 12 deep in the front 7 at a minimum at least 7 of which will be D1 signees or committs. They still have 3 SEC level Olineman starting up front so I don't see East Forsyth suddenly able to handle them in the trenches.

In the end it will be what it almost always is. East forsyth fans all giddy after an undefeated regular season and a high seed and then upset because of mallard Creek or Butler's celebration after a win in the 3rd or 4th round. Then a post at the start of 2017 about how they have the " Best defense in the state"...... LOL

Here is the one thing i will say about Willert. When he has had the team to compete they have not been intimidated. Thats half the battle. Britt, West Forsyth, Page, Wake Forest. When they have gotten the shot the game was over before they walked off the bus.

My question is why is anyone talking smack about East Forsyth??? Did they lose to Mallard Creek last fall? yes. Was it a great game? Yes. Will they be a player again in the 4AA playoffs? Yes. Are they one of the best teams if not the best team in the triad? Yes. Do they have one of the best programs in the Triad? Yes. The last 5 years they are 57-10 not too shabby and there is just a small percentage of 4A teams with a better record over that time frame. Are they one of the elite teams in NC maybe not but they are not too far from being one. Since 2008 they have had 3 good chances to make it to the title game. 2008 they lost a tough gamer to Richmond County who won the title that year. In 2012 lost a close game to Butler and last year gave as good as they got to Mallard Creek. So look everyone knows that Charlotte is all that and has great teams and you Mallard Creek and Charlotte fans can beat your chests all you want you have earned that right. But there are some great football teams in the Trad as well (East Forsyth, Page, Dudley, NW Guilford, West Forsyth, North Davidson) who can play with anyone.

Again, i dont think anyone has talked smack about East Forsyth. Here is a synopsis. Good Team. Top 5 probably this year. Best Defense in the state. Nope. On same level with Butler and Mallard Creek. Nope. Dominant Forsyth county team. YUP. State power. Nope

What is a State Power??? So you can be the #5 best 4A team in NC and not be a State Power huh?

Rankings mean little. Dudley, Scotland, Catholic, New Bern, Butler, Crest, Havelock, Mallard Creek, Southern Durham, = State Powers

East Forsyth has been to one Regional Final in 20+years. Beating up on weak Forsyth County teams gives you a great record and some nice rankings it doesnt get you a ring.

Wake Forest and Middlecreek tear up Wake County every year. There not State powers.

Hell, if they scheduled harder that might be enough but thats not the case

My question is why is anyone talking smack about East Forsyth??? Did they lose to Mallard Creek last fall? yes. Was it a great game? Yes. Will they be a player again in the 4AA playoffs? Yes. Are they one of the best teams if not the best team in the triad? Yes. Do they have one of the best programs in the Triad? Yes. The last 5 years they are 57-10 not too shabby and there is just a small percentage of 4A teams with a better record over that time frame. Are they one of the elite teams in NC maybe not but they are not too far from being one. Since 2008 they have had 3 good chances to make it to the title game. 2008 they lost a tough gamer to Richmond County who won the title that year. In 2012 lost a close game to Butler and last year gave as good as they got to Mallard Creek. So look everyone knows that Charlotte is all that and has great teams and you Mallard Creek and Charlotte fans can beat your chests all you want you have earned that right. But there are some great football teams in the Trad as well (East Forsyth, Page, Dudley, NW Guilford, West Forsyth, North Davidson) who can play with anyone.

Who talked smack about EF? They are not the best Team in the Triad.

I could only imagine what EF guys would have said, if the beat MC? You had a Cup Cake schedule all the way to regional playoffs. (That's not smack talk, That's a fact) Not their fault. While MC played Hough & Butler away than beat undefeated EF @ Home.

You had a awesome run and fell short! No one has talked any smack about EF. Stop playing the victim. DAMN!

Dudley and its not really close. Go back and look at the Page game. EF won a nailbiter at home by one point. Dudley beat them by 28

East Forsyth scored 14 points the first minute from scrimmage had multiple injuries and still won the game and had a bye week to get healthy again. They won that game with many star players on the bench.

Yep! MC's uniforms had bed bugs in them the entire game against EF. Someone also mixed milk with Gatorade. They all had upset stomachs. The DB'S couldn't see the ball. That's why they couldn't defend the pass. One of the players dogs was raped by a squirell and it really effected them mentally. Got the news right before the game. The offensive coordinator lost his voice right before the game and couldn't call the plays. All the refs were related to EF players. MC still won the game! :p

East Forsyth scored 14 points the first minute from scrimmage had multiple injuries and still won the game and had a bye week to get healthy again. They won that game with many star players on the bench.

TOP TEAMS IN NC DO NOT MAKE UP EXCUSES FOR THEIR PROGRAM!

Dude, just stop. I was at the game. Beal, Martin, Springs,Smith. Cone they all played the whole game. Defense couldnt stop Page. They went up and down the field. Page couldnt score on Dudley and Dudley ran for 300 yards on Page.

Stop being delusional. Dudley won a title in 2013. Been to multiple Regional finals. Its not close.

You do realize that EF summitts their stats to Maxpreps after every game? Also through social media & Hudl you can watch the entire game. I'm not calling you a liar, but Hudl & Maxpreps are adamantly disagreeing with you. Many starters were not on the bench.

i really do hope the Highschool from a gerrymandered district, with one of the highest admissions in the state, not to mention the surprising new additions to mallard creek. Let's take a look.

Jacobe Clement ( South Meck Highschool) 3 star recruit 12 offers

Chauncey Caldwell (hillside Durham) 10 offers amazing QB

The biggest holes in mallard creek were filled much like a nba/d league call up. This is Highschool football you "shouldn't" be able to get the stars from another Highschool and say we have an opening. this is taking the fun out of Highschool football. This isn't college football, yes east Forsyth/ Winston Salem football has open enrollment and this year they gained 2 brothers who honestly moved and will both play JV. The rest of it is from effort in the weightroom and practice field. I am auctually sick to my stomach and hope that's not true. The rest of the state works to hard for a team to stack them selfs. So East Forsyth and mallard creek both needed a new QB this year. mallard creek conviently had a star QB join there team and east Forsyth has a sophomore they are training day in and day out because that's what high school football is about. Im sure it's within the rules but if that's honestly true, I've lost all respect for the mallard creek program.

I'm going to be even more disappointed when people come and defend them.

Yes mallard creek will win the state championship, but they should also be playing on Saturdays on espnU.

Jacobe Clement started his football career @ MC playing JV. His mother moved back to the MC Zone. Chauncey Caldwell was not a definite start @ QB until his competition decided to move on. Speaking of sophomores. James Smith from MC won his 1st State Championships as a Sophomore. He was playing JV and took over and turned out to be 1 of the winningest QB's in NC history.

i hope your tummy starts feeling better, but this is really going to make you throw up. MC Football get's film from parents across the nation from parents who want to relocate their kids to the Creek. 95% of the kids have been at the Creek since the 9th grade. Of course you wouldn't know anything about this because your program would have to be elite and win a big game in order for you to understand. Maxpreps Top 20 all get new guys. It comes with the territory. So you might just want to get over it! EF also needs a lot more than just a QB...LMAO!

ForsythFootball you have made up numerous lies and made numerous delusional statements about East Forsyth program. You suffer from Homerism and you have absolutely 0 credibility. No one from any program is going to lose any sleep on how you feel about their program. You should put an * asterisk beside every post you make. It stands for lying!

1 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
2 Grayson (Loganville, GA)
3 Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV)
4 IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
5 Cedar HIll (TX)
6 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)
7 Roswell (GA)
8 DeSoto (De Soto, TX)
9 St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA)
10 Mallard Creek (Charlotte, NC)
11 American Heritage (Plantation, FL)
12 Steele (Cibolo, TX)
13 Katy (TX)
14 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH)
15 Central Catholic (Pittsburgh, PA)
16 Central (Miami, FL)
17 Northwestern (Rock Hill, SC)
18 Trinity Christian Academy (Jacksonville, FL)
19 DeMatha (Hyattsville, MD)
20 Lake Travis (Austin, TX)

Last edited:
i really do hope the Highschool from a gerrymandered district, with one of the highest admissions in the state, not to mention the surprising new additions to mallard creek. Let's take a look.

Jacobe Clement ( South Meck Highschool) 3 star recruit 12 offers

Chauncey Caldwell (hillside Durham) 10 offers amazing QB

The biggest holes in mallard creek were filled much like a nba/d league call up. This is Highschool football you "shouldn't" be able to get the stars from another Highschool and say we have an opening. this is taking the fun out of Highschool football. This isn't college football, yes east Forsyth/ Winston Salem football has open enrollment and this year they gained 2 brothers who honestly moved and will both play JV. The rest of it is from effort in the weightroom and practice field. I am auctually sick to my stomach and hope that's not true. The rest of the state works to hard for a team to stack them selfs. So East Forsyth and mallard creek both needed a new QB this year. mallard creek conviently had a star QB join there team and east Forsyth has a sophomore they are training day in and day out because that's what high school football is about. Im sure it's within the rules but if that's honestly true, I've lost all respect for the mallard creek program.

I'm going to be even more disappointed when people come and defend them.

Yes mallard creek will win the state championship, but they should also be playing on Saturdays on espnU.

We will have to live with the sadness that we have lost your respect. I hope this hasn't caused tears and that those pictures don't show up on the cover of the Winston Salem Journal.

Sorry to ruin your little soliloquy but every school gets transfers every year. It happens all across the state and all across the country. Sounds like you are already making excuses for why East Forsyth cant win and yet just two days ago you said they had the best defense in the state and this morning you told us they were on the same level as Mallard Creek and Butler??

What exactly is there to defend. Parents choose to move their children into the district so that they have a better opportunity to attend college. HAs a rule been broken?? Coach suspended?? Wins forfeited?? Forsyth county you don't even have to move??

I am a big fan of EF football and i really love the swagger they came out with, when they played MC. Program is definitely moving in the right direction.

Holy Moly will someone please come get this pamper wearing cry baby ForsythFootball before he floods the thread with tears! Damn! It was funny reading your post, but now you are just straight up pathetic. PLEASE STOP!

l I'll stop. I hope you guys know I'm not an east Forsyth primary fan. My main team is mount tabor it's where my step son plays now.

I'm not some delusional east Forsyth parent, I just don't find it far and stand up for east because sometimes it feels like they aren't given the credit they deserve. Agree to disagree. All good

Question? Why the hell are you still talking about Mallard Creek East Forsyth. If there is any talk it should be that it was an Instant Classic. East made MC earn the right to be called a champion last year. They gave MC all they could handle I don't care what the stat line says. People outside of Charlotte think EF is an elite team. People in Charlotte think they're not cause they don't have any championships. East and Dudley are very similar teams if Dudley played 4AA they wouldn't be elite in your eyes cause none of their teams were good enough to beat MC. So in the end can you just respect the fact that EF is a good team MC is a great team cause they've won 3 in a row. Now can we talk about 2016 cause last time I've checked everyone is undefeated.

Can anyone beat EF this year in conference? I think NW Guilford will give them a lot more than people think. NW is loaded at the skill positions
Can anyone beat MC this year in conference?

In Charlotte right now, Mallard Creek is the hottest program around. Parents with kids that have talent see all the exposure the Mavericks are getting and don't forget how many kids they are putting in college each year. This year's team has over 20 D1 kids o. It and possibly more. Coach Palmieri does not do anything illegal as the program speaks for itself. Winning and exposure is attracting folks to come there.

As for the game, I know both staffs well. The game was a classic. Let's move on to 2016 and hope we see another matchup between these 2 programs.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Can anyone beat MC this year in conference?

Sure. Toughest conference in the state. Hough won last year and was up 30 pts in the 3rd quarter the year before. Vance has taken them to the wire two years in a row. Both North Meck and AL Brown were competitive games. Now add to that 4 non conference games( 3 on the road) against teams that total 23 state titles over the last 10 years and you have the toughest schedule any school in NC has ever faced. They should be ready for the playoffs.

Sure. Toughest conference in the state. Hough won last year and was up 30 pts in the 3rd quarter the year before. Vance has taken them to the wire two years in a row. Both North Meck and AL Brown were competitive games. Now add to that 4 non conference games( 3 on the road) against teams that total 23 state titles over the last 10 years and you have the toughest schedule any school in NC has ever faced. They should be ready for the playoffs.
If they really have 20 D-1 Players on their team they should blow every team in NC out plain and simple. Teams like East and Page may have 2 or 3 at the most on a good year. With that much talent they should go out of state or they won't face any teams that could test their skill. If MC doesn't win a 4th ring in a row it will be a huge upset

MC strength this year is in the trenches. I swear their OL is just as big as the Panthers!! Lol!!

If they really have 20 D-1 Players on their team they should blow every team in NC out plain and simple. Teams like East and Page may have 2 or 3 at the most on a good year. With that much talent they should go out of state or they won't face any teams that could test their skill. If MC doesn't win a 4th ring in a row it will be a huge upset

I read that and its clear you don't know what you are talking about because year after year we see that theory blown to pieces. 2013 Norcross, GA had 20+ D1 kids and got beat 55-0 by a Booker T. Washington team with maybe 1/3rd of that number. IMG literally recruits the country for potential D1 BCS kids and has a roster full of 4 and 5 star kids . They got beat last year. 2011 Mallard Creek may have been the most talented team they have ever had. Too many D1 kids to count, a NFL first round draft pick and one of the most highly recruited WR in the country. Lost to Page with maybe 1 or 2 D1 kids.

D1 recruits largely means that the kid has the size and speed to develop into a kid that can play at that level in his late teens and early 20's. Many times that kid hasn't come close to maturing to that level at 15 or 16 years old.

Some of the best kids to ever play at Mallard Creek were not highly coveted recruits. Stephan Askew still holds the sack record at MC and might be the best defensive lineman who has ever played at MC. At 5'11 225 he wasn't big enough to play dline at the next level and not fast enough to play LB. He was never highly recruited. The best kid on the last two title teams was LJ at QB but at 5'10 185 he was never a big recruit and has signed on to play at Eastern Kentucky.

I can give you dozens of examples where a big time D1 recruit has been beaten like a dog by a high school kid who was an inch to short or ran a 4.7 instead of a 4.5 40. The Dalton kid at West Forsyth was one of the biggest recruits in the country. His junior year he wasn't even the best Dlineman on his team. The Brinkley kid was a much more productive kid but at 5'10 195 he wasn't gonna play at the next level. The best Oline Mallard Creek has ever had was the 2013 group. One D1 recruit and he will play dline at Charlotte. Just 5 kids in that 250 lb range that were athletic and got after it.

Mallard Creek will be the prohibitive favorite to win title #4. I expect them to be very good defensively. Potentially as good as the 2013 squad. However they lose what I consider the best leader and most clutch player I have ever seen on the high school level on offense in LJ Smith and the offense will be a work in progress. I suspect by November they will be rounded in to form like they always are and averaging 45 pts+. That said I believe there are 6 teams on the schedule that could beat MC if they don't play well and the other team plays lights out. Got a glimpse at Rock Hill Southpointe this morning. No shortage of athletes on that squad and trust me when I tell you they are fired up to play Mallard Creek at their place.

1) Mallard Creek is the best program currently in NC, no questions asked. That's a junior college program, not a high school program lol.

2) East Forsyth is a great team from out of the Triad but not the best. More like on the level of North Davidson. They haven't won any recent state titles but are very consistent, winning programs. Dudley and Page are the best Triad programs in recent years.

3) ForsythFootball has made numerous erroneous posts since last year, mostly on Triad threads, but occasionally on Charlotte and state-wide threads. They seem to be an individual that never took an argument based research class, or at least they fail to do any research before making absurd claims. Don't mind them, we certainly don't pay them much attention anymore.

Here is my problem with the "Pro East Forsyth" posters on this thread. How can you say with a straight face that East Forsyth is a state power?
It has been said numerous times on this thread that they have been to ONE regional final since 1992. Vance who was formed in 1997, has been to two one in 2010, and 2014 in that same time frame. No disrespect to Vance they have some great athletes and coaches over there, but no one is getting on here proclaiming them a state power and they've been to more regional finals than East Forsyth.
57-10 over the last what 5-6 years is an excellent mark and East Forsyth should be congratulated and applauded for that, there are tons of teams who would give anything to have a record like that. However, they simply have not done what it takes to be a state power yet.
Need we go back to 2014 when you choked a 21pt lead at home to an 8 seeded Providence team missing their top starters?
Or last year when you choked a double digit lead at home to Mallard Creek and had an 8pt lead within the final two minutes and the ball?
State powers don't do that.
The best part is 2016 is a new year and you can re-write the narrative that has been placed on you. I look forward to hopefully another MC/East Forsyth matchup, and if Catholic isn't in the playoffs I know where I'll be if those two meet.

Hey CC14, how are you guys going to be this year? Our game with you in the playoffs last year was a battle. We (North Davidson) couldn't pull it out, but man that was a fun and intense game!

Hey CC14, how are you guys going to be this year? Our game with you in the playoffs last year was a battle. We (North Davidson) couldn't pull it out, but man that was a fun and intense game!
It was a fun one for sure, and your coaches and players were some of the classiest people I have ever met. Much respect for you guys, Catholic should reload as usual, we will have a lot of sophomores on the varsity squad this season, but with the coaching staff 100% in tact from last season outside of one coach I feel very confident.
However, I don't want to hijack a thread with CC talk so I'll start one later today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT