Pender @ North Moore - 2:31
Average: 1:25

West
Murphy @ Eastern Randolph - 4:45
North Rowan @ Robbinsville - 3:46
Starmount @ Mount Airy - :41
Thomasville @ Mitchell - 2:30
Average: 2:55
I feel for Murphy that's gonna be a haul. Then again I'm sure they Have gotten used to it with as much as they have played for the state title in recent years.

The drive back win or lose will be rough too. But Murphy also knows about a long ride making it to the title game (I cringe saying that).

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
East
Perquimans @ Tarboro - 1:16
Rosewood @ Northampton County - 1:20
Southside @ Northside - :36

West
These are totally ridiculous especially if one way and double on the return trip. ! ! ! What was The NCHSAA thinking. I guess they want the state to take over........ NCHSAA should pay all travel expenses with that $45,000.00 they are holding on to. Goodby NCHSAA, hello to the state taking over. NCHSAA has screwed up worse this year with 0-10 teams playing 10-0 teams and all the travel expenses.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
These are totally ridiculous especially if one way and double on the return trip. ! ! ! What was The NCHSAA thinking. I guess they want the state to take over........

What do you suggest then? This has long been the nature of 1A ball.

At least it's a Friday and not a Tuesday like it could be for basketball.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
What would it look like if the state was divided north and south instead of east and west
Or North West, South West then North East South East, Heck, who knows ? Seems each time they change it, it gets worse. Start looking at other states to find something that has worked for them. Screwed up mess ! ! !

I don't know, but 0-10 teams should not be playing. Cut it to 16 west, 16 east.
Did you like the pods or this or 32 total teams ?
I believe about everyone would agree that 1A at least in football with only 65 football schools all together should just be a 32 team bracket. But that said except for the first week were there was a lot of unnecessary traveling wouldn't have done much as far as this week because last week except for one game in the eest because of a #20 seed winning in the first round last week was pretty much what a 32 team bracket would have looked like and Murphy would still be traveling to ER and NR to Robbinsville.

I don't know, but 0-10 teams should not be playing. Cut it to 16 west, 16 east.
Did you like the pods or this or 32 total teams ?

0-10 teams yes shouldn't be but that doesn't have anything to do with travel for this round.

Pods suck. Ends up being glorified conference tournament. Especially if you cut back on football teams.

Pods would only work in a bracket of 64 imo. Which would make sense in other sports. You still have travel at some point though.

Just play playoff games on Saturdays.

In baseball/softball/basketball/ volleyball etc. If you don't do pods why not in the 1st and 2nd round play on a Saturday. Have the 1 and 32 and 16 and 17 travel to the 1 seed site. Play the games then the winners play.

Then the following Saturday play the 3rd and 4th round. 1 and 8 and 4 and 5 at 1 seed site, and etc.

And for the state championships play the semi finals and finals the same weekend at the championshop site.

Last edited:
I personally love a good playoff road trip. Some of my favorite memories of Tarboro football are after road playoff wins. Most notably:
2009 Eastern Regional final at East Bladen
2010- Eastern Semifinals at East Duplin
2011- the 2011 playoffs ( East Duplin, Northside Jacksonville, Edenton)
2015- Eastern Semifinals at East Carterett

I personally love a good playoff road trip. Some of my favorite memories of Tarboro football are after road playoff wins. Most notably:
2009 Eastern Regional final at East Bladen
2010- Eastern Semifinals at East Duplin
2011- the 2011 playoffs ( East Duplin, Northside Jacksonville, Edenton)
2015- Eastern Semifinals at East Carterett
Couldn’t like this post more!!

One of the cool things about traveling is visiting parts of the state these kids may never see. Many kids from the central part of the state may never see the Nantahala Gourge if they don't get a trip to Murphy. Kids from Thomasville may never see the mountains if they don't get a road trip to Mitchell.

It's the beauty of 1A ball.

I think they should use some of that $$ and 1) pay for travel 2) pay for a common stadium that would require both travels especially in 3rd round. They could use Freedom, Pisgah, or bigger venues like UNCC, Lenior Rhyne, Hickory HIgh, etc. I think kids would love playing in a bigger venue and add more fans as well. IDK 3) Stop putting eastern teams in the west.

Reactions: Swain97
There is nothing like driving 3.5 hours and beating someone at their own stadium. There is nothing like driving 3.5 hours home after losing on a BS call.

Happened to us about 12 years ago .
It was intentional. I hope we never have to go to that place again.

East
Perquimans @ Tarboro - 1:16
Rosewood @ Northampton County - 1:20
Southside @ Northside - :36

West
Damn 4:45 that's a long ride

It's a weird shaped state. You can get from Virginia to South Carolina in 1 and a half hours but from Hatteras to Tennessee, you're looking at an all day excursion.
It really is I think in land area size it's the 10th largest state in the USA. And it is weird how it literally takes you an entire day to get from Hatteras to the Tennessee State line but you can go from South Carolina to Virginia in an hour and a half lol. Like tarboro is about 50 minutes from the border of Virginia if you get on 95

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT