ADVERTISEMENT

TOP 5 WEST 10/24

buzzcoach

Apr 26, 2004
winston salem nc
MA Have been listening to all the naysayers and will be Hungry in playoffs!
MT HERITAGE Glad they are playing again solid well coached team.
ER Offense is good but I think D is stronger this year.
MURPHY Good offense question will be on D
Corvian Watched film I think they are good and athletic.
Who would you have different or would add instead of what's listed
Starmount at 6 if they are at home. Haven't played a team with a pulse on road yet.
East Wilkes at 7 because they matched MAs physical part of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Looks about right to me for top 5 seeds as of now.

Think Mitchell or Starmount will be either 8th or 9th. Robbinsville might even sneak in there with 2 more wins. Their opponents winning percentage and theirs going up could get them ahead of Starmount and Mitchell.

Last edited:
Looks about right to me for top 5 seeds as of now.

Think Mitchell or Starmount will be either 8th or 9th. Robbinsville might even sneak in there with 2 more wins. Their opponents winning percentage and theirs going up could get them ahead of Starmount and Mitchell.
Forgot about Mitchel! They could get the 9 as sbbbfan and daddydoug have said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Starmount, Mitchell or robbinsville can’t be 8th. There is 8 conferences actually 9 but polk isn’t gonna qualify so that means 8
Conference champs them second place teams start at 9, 10, 11. I don’t understand why everyone says they could end up 8th. Not possible

I am pretty sure Deana can pull strings or lean on people to get Starmount WAY UP in the rankings/seeding because Starmount just plain and simply deserve it. No doubt they are that good. And she knows people in the right places.
Why do you continue this nonsense? Deana loves Starmount but you're not gonna ever hear her saying that they're better than another team. She's a wonderful person. She's like any other fan and likes to talk about her team and seeding and the ineffeciency of the playoff brackets to accurately seed teams but she's not butthurt over it.

This is why other posters don't like Mt Airy. She's got way more patience than I would've had with several of you. I just don't get it. If anything you should be happy for another team in the conference and support them.

I am pretty sure Deana can pull strings or lean on people to get Starmount WAY UP in the rankings/seeding because Starmount just plain and simply deserve it. No doubt they are that good. And she knows people in the right places.
Knows them, yes, but even more importantly has the ethics to not do what you’re alluding to.

Why do you continue this nonsense? Deana loves Starmount but you're not gonna ever hear her saying that they're better than another team. She's a wonderful person. She's like any other fan and likes to talk about her team and seeding and the ineffeciency of the playoff brackets to accurately seed teams but she's not butthurt over it.

This is why other posters don't like Mt Airy. She's got way more patience than I would've had with several of you. I just don't get it. If anything you should be happy for another team in the conference and support them.
Mt Airy finally has some conference games that 1st string plays second half. Everyone should be happy for the conference.

Your posts used to be half decent but now they are just useless and full of crap. Not sure why some of the MA fans try to attack Deana. She's done nothing but show interest and pride in her team and try to get a discussion about playoff seeding. There's a difference in pride and arrogance.

Starmount at 6 if they are at home. Haven't played a team with a pulse on road yet.
You got it backwards on Murphy. Murphy’s defense is swarming. The offense has been explosive at times but inconsistent, especially in the passing game. But if the Dogs can get the passing game to click, clean up the penalties, and stay healthy, then they will be a very tough out in the playoffs.

Reactions: mbdfan
As far as ER is concerned.....

The offense IS good........as long as it stays on the ground. It's through the air when things start to get a little iffy (on both sides of the ball).
For the most part, ER has looked dominant. However, the level of their opposition is a bit down from last year. I will say I was surprised that Central Davidson gave them a huge scare. But it turns out that Central's a pretty decent team.

As far as a ranking, I could see ER at #1. But I could also see them at a #6 or 7. I actually think the jury is still out on the Cats.

You got it backwards on Murphy. Murphy’s defense is swarming. The offense has been explosive at times but inconsistent, especially in the passing game. But if the Dogs can get the passing game to click, clean up the penalties, and stay healthy, then they will be a very tough out in the playoffs.
Spot on, nole. The biggest positive is things seem to have finally clicked for #5 at RB, his performance against Swain was encouraging and then he put together the best game of his varsity career last night against Andrews. Things seem to have slowed down for him as he's starting to see those openings and creases better.

This team is getting better every week and I feel this is the best coaching job this staff has done since they took the reins. The one issue and it's a major one is the QB position, the play at that position has really regressed the last 3 weeks and is holding the team as a whole back at this point. Its one thing to have physical limitations, that cannot be helped, but its evolved into too many needless errors and mistakes on top of that.

It's probably too late in the year to start giving #17 first team reps (and he may not be quite ready for that yet), but #17 is going to have to be the guy at QB next season for this team to achieve the goals I feel they're capable of. #10 is a good athlete and can absolutely still be an asset to the team, I just believe next year that's got to be in the slot or at wing.

Last edited:
As far as ER is concerned.....

The offense IS good........as long as it stays on the ground. It's through the air when things start to get a little iffy (on both sides of the ball).
For the most part, ER has looked dominant. However, the level of their opposition is a bit down from last year. I will say I was surprised that Central Davidson gave them a huge scare. But it turns out that Central's a pretty decent team.

As far as a ranking, I could see ER at #1. But I could also see them at a #6 or 7. I actually think the jury is still out on the Cats.
You know I have missed your contributions to these forums. As I have said many times your game write ups were always spot on.
Do us all a favor though please. Put those little weekly scouting reports in their own thread. You know the ones only a couple of us read. Then at the end of the year when everyone says “We don’t know nothing about ER” I get to laugh at them. Geez

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT