ADVERTISEMENT

...Time to look into the mirror Scots...

So the atmosphere on Friday night is the coach’s fault? 20 plus years ago 5 guys didn’t like the atmosphere at Pate Stadium either. Instead of going to the local newspaper and complaining, they delivered a plan and changed the experience. What is this guys plan? Tell him to hmu. I can give him some pointers. A thought without a plan is just that….a thought. My dad always told me that there are 2 types of people in this world. Those that make things happen and those that wonder what happened. I’ll bet the house that he is the latter.

Man, that read like a satirical manifesto. Laurinburg Exchange should be better than that. So, a program and school run by the Baileys (literally) is taken to town by one guy that represents “many others?”

Yellow journalism if I ever saw it. And I don’t even like Scotland.

Guys... he makes some very valid points... Don't think he's blaming Bailey for everything, but some "rebranding" is needed if you want to fill the stands (besides by just winning), hell even the students don't show up to the games. Everything is dated and the same... but hey... lets keep doing what were doing and complaining why no one shows to the game, lets play 80's rock, and let the band play the same pep songs they have for the last 25 years, ...smdh... Just take the critique and do better Scotland.

What a joke. Don't know a good thing when you have it. Other good programs would die for a coach like Bailey, or an experience like Pate. Trust me, I've been all over the state, I've seen it all, I know all the coaches. You won't find a better one.

i dont know what more the nay sayers around here want, scotland wins an awful lot of football games and shows up always at playoff time, a tough out for anybody. People keep running off at the mouth we will by 3-7 and dreaming about what once was.....

Reactions: beamer24
Guys... he makes some very valid points... Don't think he's blaming Bailey for everything, but some "rebranding" is needed if you want to fill the stands (besides by just winning), hell even the students don't show up to the games. Everything is dated and the same... but hey... lets keep doing what were doing and complaining why no one shows to the game, lets play 80's rock, and let the band play the same pep songs they have for the last 25 years, ...smdh... Just take the critique and do better Scotland.
I see bad point after bad point, i guess all these conference championships, regional appearances, and title appearances that the guy in the article talks about just isnt enough, its 3a now but ill pretend its 4a still, how many have won the number of games that Scot has since the beginning of 2011, few,,
He has so much concern for the entertainment factor of the scotland football game and the near 10$ price, i always thought the game was
the entertainment, heck a burger and fries and drink cost 10$......
run this guy out of town, now... so disappointed in the paper for printing such GARBAGE.. I dont think that newspaper will be on my read list anytime soon and good luck at getting an interview with coach next year.

Last edited:
I love the passion of this writer....but think he's dead wrong in a scenario I know little about. What I do know is...if you support a HC who can get wins for a HS football team, and he does a lot of the right stuff behind the scenes everything should be pretty good. I don't know too much about this coach....but how the kids turn out, and having a consistently winning program supersede what music is played on the loud speakers.

I know things can be tweaked to be better always....but knowing your blessings is a good place to start. Like Hughes said...travel around and see some other environments/setups. Ya'll are in good shape.

Hail to the know-it-all cup of crap who wrote this piece. Have you ever been to a practice and evaluated players? Do you know anything that wasn't learned on Madden? You have a right for your $7 admission to yell all night for the coach to "pass the ball" and for the refs to call "holding"...but beyond that, your credentials are that you "have a rear end". You have shown yours in the press. I hope you can now volunteer as a coach and show up in the off season to fix all that is wrong in this picture you painted.

I once lived in Laurinburg. I left long ago during the days before Williams. I will just say this... your current coach has forgotten more football than you know. Going back to your glory days in school, I will finish with your favorite ad on your satellite dish from back then... (EAT A PITA!!)

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT