ADVERTISEMENT

Tick Tick Tick.... Booyah....... It's on like Donkey Kong

The school is actually located in Mt Holly right off Highway 16 just north of Charlotte and in Gaston County. A lot of questions came up when student athletes that were formerly at Charlotte high schools ended up at MICS after freshman year playing sports. With the new transfer rule from the NCHSAA last year that would appear to be void but apparently some students were admitted before that during the school year year which questions the lottery and waiting list that the school has.

No student was admitted during the school year.

Coach’s that didn’t scout and watch film would be called fools right? Lol with all that D1 talent y’all continue to struggle with TJ lol this was suppose to be MIC year lmao

A Crest fan talking about coaching. How did that KM game turn out for you? You guys won't even play TJ. Until you all get the guts to play TJ you can't talk. It's a shame TJ has to travel 2 and 3 hours away just to play.

Last edited:
Per David Gentry after playing MICS he said they were great kids and excellent sportsmanship was displayed.

Just because we do not like the charter issue or the philosophy at MICS don’t dump on the character of the players.

Rich is harmless and likes to get the mountain guys riled up. Gentry said it all about the team and he would know best.

I will say this and that is MIC should have been a six seed in this playoff bracket. They badly beat the 7 and 10 seed teams head to head. Another example of bad brack building.
MICS 41 Cherryville 7
MICS 54 Community School of Davidson 24

A Crest fan talking about coaching. How did that KM game turn out for you? You guys won't even play TJ. Until you all get the guts to play TJ you can't talk. It's a shame TJ has to travel 2 and 3 hours away just to play.
Crest has no business playing 1A Schools Clown lmao you should be wondering why your MICS are getting out Coached every year! The D1 factory is not adding up for the MICS but maybe the Coaching ain’t adding up lmao

Reactions: 1SWO and dmcamp
I will say one thing for MICS, Aapri Washington is and will remain one of best players Murphy has ever went up against. If he had a little more size he could've went anywhere in the country, still had a few ACC and SEC offers despite that.

University of Buffalo got a steal in him, already one of the top cover corners in all of D1 as a redshirt freshman. I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL one day.

Last edited:
Crest has no business playing 1A Schools Clown lmao you should be wondering why your MICS are getting out Coached every year! The D1 factory is not adding up for the MICS but maybe the Coaching ain’t adding up lmao

I'll take that as a no. MICS is just fine sending their boys off to college every year. The same D1 athletes you speak of had no offers prior to coming to MICS. Name a kid that has come into MICS with a D1 offer? I'll let that add up for you.

Last edited:
This is almost making me hope they have to show up at MA in two weeks...
Hey Kenny Rogers you better know when to fold em..... Swain on the clock but after we lay hands on em. Mount Airy will get the matchup they want. Real athlete's vs athletes., MICS will show who the real show on Fridays is. So back to you Kenny no when to walk away no when to run. MICS IS going make Granite City there dance floor. I'm bringing the DJ...... Get down on it....

I'll take that as a no. MICS is just fine sending their boys off to college every year. The same D1 athletes you speak of had no offers prior to coming to MICS. Name a kid that has come into MICS with a D1 offer? I'll let that add up for you.

Give us a little info on the players. We do not hear enough about the success stories. What changed for them at MICS that put them in this positive position?

Give us a little info on the players. We do not hear enough about the success stories. What changed at MICS that put them in this positive position?

Where do you want to start at? I'll start with MG had no offers not even from a D3 school coming from EL. Received his first offer after losing to TJ from Air Force after the last week of the season. He's committed to Stanford with another player going to Stanford. That will make 2 players going to Stanford. Not to mention committed after a season-ending injury. How may 4A kids go to Stanford from NC? Let alone a 1A. Let alone 2 1A players. EG had no offers but committed to Cornell the Monday after losing to BC. CJS didn't even play varsity at SC but is starting for Chowan as a freshman. 12 seniors already with offers to play at the next level. Led by a 5'5 slotback with 2 offers. I could go on and on. The guy went after the coaches, I'm just saying the coaches must be doing something right if all these players are going to college after they coach them. Coaching is hard for NC HS coaches and all of them have different philosophies. The MICS coaches are helping to get their kids to college.

Last edited:
Some people you expect stupid statements from, I figure you are a football guy so a different standard.

Gotcha! I don't think that was a stupid statement. SC played MICS. What's wrong with having Crest play TJ as a gate game. You don't think that would draw a good gate? I thought they could make it an endowment game or something.

Last edited:
Where do you want to start at? I'll start with MG had no offers not even from a D3 school coming from EL. Received his first offer after losing to TJ from Air Force after the last week of the season. He's committed to Stanford. EG had no offers but committed to Cornell the Monday after losing to BC. CJS didn't even play varsity at SC but is starting for Chowan as a freshman. 12 seniors already with offers to play at the next level. Led by a 5'5 slotback with 2 offers. I could go on and on.

You’ve got two true D-1 guys on that team....MG and EB....

In the last two school years there were no students that moved in from out of the area that were admitted during the school year? I am asking.

You can't move in and attend in the middle of the year at a charter.

Wait......how many players have offers on MICS right now?

12 but the number don't matter. It's tons of schools out here with the same talent but not being exposed by the coaches or whatever reason. So that number is misleading. People want to run around and say that MICS should be winning with all that talent but the same schools have the same talent but kids are not going to school. These players just not being market the same or coaches have different philosophies. For example look at TJ QB he's just s good as any player on MICS roster but don't got know D1 looks.

Last edited:
Gotcha! I don't think that was a stupid statement. SC played MICS. What's wrong with having Crest play TJ as a gate game. You don't think that would draw a good gate? I thought they could make it an endowment game or something.

We both know what you were doing. It's all good. If TJ could win a title or make a it to the regional finals a few years in a row I would think it could be a possibility. Crest has a solid non conference schedule with SP, Weddington, and Shelby. Need to replace TC Rob which is where TJ could hop in. Not sure how good of a crowd it would bring but if it is going to be huge you want to try and not play it as an endowment. State gets 25% before expenses. With those other non conference games it may be the only option.

We both know what you were doing. It's all good. If TJ could win a title or make a it to the regional finals a few years in a row I would think it could be a possibility. Crest has a solid non conference schedule with SP, Weddington, and Shelby. Need to replace TC Rob which is where TJ could hop in. Not sure how good of a crowd it would bring but if it is going to be huge you want to try and not play it as an endowment. State gets 25% before expenses. With those other non conference games it may be the only option.

I know that's why I was baffled with the credibility statement. The guy acting if it's a huge difference between TC Rob and TJ. TJ is 129 and TC Rob is 229 in the state. What people don't want to address is county schools not playing the local charters in the area. I don't think it's out of fear but out of ignorance and an unsaid thing about not playing charters. People rip MICS for the schedule but none of the county schools will play them but SC and Huss. So instead of traveling accross the state for a game, they play what they can. Huss will play them in 2019-20 and SC just got finished with a 2-year contract. Both games happened because coaches from both schools are friends.

Last edited:
Cant wait for charters to have own playoffs. Like other states are doing. The 3% rules is how I hope the state does it but anything will do.

Never happen. The legislature won't ever let the NCHSAA do anything about it.

Nope. While I'm a strong conservative, this is one thing I do not agree with. And it is 100% Republican legislation. It was brought forth as an alternative to public schools for religious purposes, ie; religious based private schooling, but the pop up charters have been the main schools to come from it.

I am pretty sure the coaches son had plenty of D1 Offers when he transferred into MICS. In my opinion his stock dropped tremendously throughout his high school career, so much in fact that he ended up at Charlotte.

Nope. While I'm a strong conservative, this is one thing I do not agree with. And it is 100% Republican legislation. It was brought forth as an alternative to public schools for religious purposes, ie; religious based private schooling, but the pop up charters have been the main schools to come from it.

And in turn has turned into a money producing machine for the legislature and corporations. It's now turning into a way for parents in wealthier communities to resegregate schools. There are reasons why Matthews, Huntersville, and Cornelius were recently granted charters. Think about which schools those kids go to.

Reactions: mbdfan
And in turn has turned into a money producing machine for the legislature and corporations. It's now turning into a way for parents in wealthier communities to resegregate schools. There are reasons why Matthews, Huntersville, and Cornelius were recently granted charters. Think about which schools those kids go to.
I agree wholeheartedly. TJ is in the same boat. Most Charters are good schools from an educational standpoint (the whole purpose of school), but I think with the amount that keep popping up, it's time they have separate divisions for athletics.

Hey Kenny Rogers you better know when to fold em..... Swain on the clock but after we lay hands on em. Mount Airy will get the matchup they want. Real athlete's vs athletes., MICS will show who the real show on Fridays is. So back to you Kenny no when to walk away no when to run. MICS IS going make Granite City there dance floor. I'm bringing the DJ...... Get down on it....

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this comment....ELR, you are a riot my man!

I am pretty sure the coaches son had plenty of D1 Offers when he transferred into MICS. In my opinion his stock dropped tremendously throughout his high school career, so much in fact that he ended up at Charlotte.

The coach son that went to Charlotte never played at MICS.

Reactions: CoachE42
I agree wholeheartedly. TJ is in the same boat. Most Charters are good schools from an educational standpoint (the whole purpose of school), but I think with the amount that keep popping up, it's time they have separate divisions for athletics.

Exactly, but they get away with alot of things traditional public schools can't(but that's another arguement.). I do find it fishy though how a Lincoln Charter ends up with 5 of the best basketball players in the state through a lottery, how Davidson is so good at soccer every year through a lottery, etc. By a random lottery one would think the ability to have constant success would be difficult. Is it luck of the draw and all those good athletes end up there by luck, or are athletes getting preference somehow? Either way as you said they need their own division.

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT