ADVERTISEMENT

Tick Tick Tick.... Booyah....... It's on like Donkey Kong

Well you must not be from North Carolina then if your telling the truth which I doubt.
Charlotte is the largest city in the state with just over 800,000 people. No city has over a million in NC.

Charlotte has over 860,000 residents, the Charlotte metropolitan area has almost 2.4 million people, which makes it the 22nd largest in the U.S.

Nobody fears MICS. MICS is a joke. Win your conference before you start talking big

Reactions: 1SWO
And in turn has turned into a money producing machine for the legislature and corporations. It's now turning into a way for parents in wealthier communities to resegregate schools. There are reasons why Matthews, Huntersville, and Cornelius were recently granted charters. Think about which schools those kids go to.

Cornelius kids go to Hough HS - that’s one of the best schools in western NC. So - that doesn’t really hold water. Huntersville is zoned for 3 schools: Hough, North Meck and Hopewell, the latter 2 which most families in Huntersville aren’t thrilled about. As fast as the city is growing - that will change as re-zoning is bound to happen. It’s also cheaper to introduce new charters as opposed to building a brand new high school.

Cornelius kids go to Hough HS - that’s one of the best schools in western NC. So - that doesn’t really hold water. Huntersville is zoned for 3 schools: Hough, North Meck and Hopewell, the latter 2 which most families in Huntersville aren’t thrilled about. As fast as the city is growing - that will change as re-zoning is bound to happen. It’s also cheaper to introduce new charters as opposed to building a brand new high school.

How is opening new charters cheaper than building a new high school?

Reactions: 1SWO and sbbbfan

Please explain to me how that works? The charters that are being discussed are not lottery charters but be for every student that lives in the city limits of that town. It will be strictly for those students. They will have all the bells and whistles with full athletic teams. Think a regular high school with a district line (city limits) but will ran by the each city instead of CMS.

Cheaper for the State...The state gives less money to Charter Schools than they have to give to Public Schools

To build what they are planning will cost just as much as a standard high school to build. A brick is a brick.

To run the school based on the charter rules could be less depending on various items but the town is going to pick up some costs to run it efficiently with the options the parents / citizens / taxpayers are going to expect in these high schools.

There are some super great charter schools and there are and have been many that were terribly ran, inefficient, rife with fraud and nepotism. The charters have not been controlled the way they should have been. Period.

To build what they are planning will cost just as much as a standard high school to build. A brick is a brick.

To run the school based on the charter rules could be less depending on various items but the town is going to pick up some costs to run it efficiently with the options the parents / citizens / taxpayers are going to expect in these high schools.

There are some super great charter schools and there are and have been many that were terribly ran, inefficient, rife with fraud and nepotism. The charters have not been controlled the way they should have been. Period.
But the state isn't giving anyone a dime to build that school.

I agree wholeheartedly. TJ is in the same boat. Most Charters are good schools from an educational standpoint (the whole purpose of school), but I think with the amount that keep popping up, it's time they have separate divisions for athletics.

It will not happen in football as there are only a couple of teams.

I would like to see the state go to a subdivide for non football sports in 1A setup on a traditional and non traditional subclass. Here is the key, there would need to be a determination of what a traditional school really is. My opinion: traditional schools would only allow students to participate in sports that meet all residency requirements within the school's actual geographical boundary. A teacher or administrator that works at the school would be allowed to play. If a student moves out of the district but is in their junior year they could remain and finish their senior season playing sports. It would need to be strict to meet the traditional guidelines.

But the state isn't giving anyone a dime to build that school.

Yes, currently funds are not provided for the facility. The push for changes in charters schools and a major push for changes in the way they are funded is ongoing. Many representatives are pushing for more charter school options in less dense rural areas. Why? That is where their vote base is. Everyone can say what they want but it is all about politics, votes, and controling government.

Break out the jukebox Swain gets a culture shock Friday night. MICS will be throwing bombs in the rain, snow, or forest fire. Or whatever event y'all can come up with. Can you say knuckle sandwich?? We'll be giving you one with cheese. Smile for the camera your going be famous.

Are you gonna disappear off tha face of tha planet again after unz get bent over tha knee again rich!??

Are you gonna disappear off tha face of tha planet again after unz get bent over tha knee again rich!??
The whole SMC country will be at Swain on friday night. To witness the greatness that speak of. There is a beast coming back to the valley. Tearing everything asunder, ripping it shreds and pieces. That beast is the MICS Raptors.... chilly chilly bang bang

Ol Rich will be in Bryson City before you know it. Guess I'll have to pull out my alligator ski boots for this one. Rain sleet or snow MICS is going put on a show. The #1 offense in the state. Is going give you a show for the ages. Defense going be laying the wood so hard. You going think somebody was shooting a cannon. So get ready I know SMC country is nervous. Prepare for the thrashing it's time to cash that check. Insufficient funds???

Kenny Rogers!!! Damn that was funny gotta admit that...I haven't laughed that hard in a while on here,the guy next to me at work tonight looked at me funny when I busted out laughing
Hey Kenny Rogers you better know when to fold em..... Swain on the clock but after we lay hands on em. Mount Airy will get the matchup they want. Real athlete's vs athletes., MICS will show who the real show on Fridays is. So back to you Kenny no when to walk away no when to run. MICS IS going make Granite City there dance floor. I'm bringing the DJ...... Get down on it....

Last edited:
Not trying to be an a$$ but Kenny Rogers doesnt have a D in it. Thats not common around here. Thats up north with the yanks. Just saying.

I like a few more on honestly don’t know who or what MICS is ? Who are they?

Break out the jukebox Swain gets a culture shock Friday night. MICS will be throwing bombs in the rain, snow, or forest fire. Or whatever event y'all can come up with. Can you say knuckle sandwich?? We'll be giving you one with cheese. Smile for the camera your going be famous.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Your so cute!! If I was there I'd hold you on my knee, pat you on tha back and tell you it'll be ok our son!!! Hahahahhahahahahaha!!!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
That #5 had a rough night.he a decent tailback but he ain't making it at no north carolina.better

Tic toc, tic toc mic got run up the clock, one thing is for sure it was on like donkey Kong, the hammer got slammed on the slow running backs I saw, Swain got it done, . Didn't see no D1 players on mic foosure,

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Never seen nothing like it, not a team. But a whole classification fears the mighty Raptors. Dream Killers is what they call us, so I guess taking souls plays a big part. The #1 RB in the state will grace you with his presence Friday night. But dont forget it's plenty of star power other than him. The super sophomore Big play Gabe Stephens with numerous power 5offers. Not to mention he's a 4star recruit via 24/7 sports 6'4 195lb LB/WR. How does swain match that? Easy they can't so folks sit back and watch the show. Watch the Raptors run across that muddy field like it's a track. This is David vs. Goliath but this time goliath is knocking blocks off.
Tell the town a beast is loose and it's Raptor with million dollar swag.

Wow!!! What a post, you've done got me sold. Im a Northeastern guy and was just bored trolling thru some 1a threads. Great post, I'm a believer!!

You can't even beat a 1a school. Mic sucks. Imagine if they stuck you in the upper classes where you belong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT