ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Lights

27 22 Brevard.

Must admit that I was somewhat surprised by the fact that Owen put up more of a fight than I thought they would...Wonder if Kenny Ford gave them a little pep talk prior to the game?...He was definitely a homer in the broadcast booth last night..lol....Also thought the officials blew a couple of calls that led to a couple scores for Owen....No way the WR was across the goal line when he caught the ball before the end of the first half...In fact, it was questionable to whether he was even in bounds or not?....As for the other blown call, the QB was clearly across the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball that resulted in a big play for Owen late in the game....Have to give Brevard credit though they did recover from those official blunders, and the Benjamin kid was obviously the difference in the 2nd half of the game, so congrats to the Bluedevils....Hard to judge a Thursday night game because both schools were closed on monday due to Hurricane Irma, so there was little preparation time for either team...I did come away more impressed with Owen than I previously was prior to the game, and think they may be one of the best winless 2A teams in the state?....Be interesting to see how they do in the WHC?

Reactions: cougars45
When #22 finally got to run the ball he was the difference maker to give Brevard a TD. That was a terrible call, I agree I don't even think he was in bounds let alone a TD.But that's how it goes sometimes.

Must admit that I was somewhat surprised by the fact that Owen put up more of a fight than I thought they would...Wonder if Kenny Ford gave them a little pep talk prior to the game?...He was definitely a homer in the broadcast booth last night..lol....Also thought the officials blew a couple of calls that led to a couple scores for Owen....No way the WR was across the goal line when he caught the ball before the end of the first half...In fact, it was questionable to whether he was even in bounds or not?....As for the other blown call, the QB was clearly across the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball that resulted in a big play for Owen late in the game....Have to give Brevard credit though they did recover from those official blunders, and the Benjamin kid was obviously the difference in the 2nd half of the game, so congrats to the Bluedevils....Hard to judge a Thursday night game because both schools were closed on monday due to Hurricane Irma, so there was little preparation time for either team...I did come away more impressed with Owen than I previously was prior to the game, and think they may be one of the best winless 2A teams in the state?....Be interesting to see how they do in the WHC?
On that one that they called a touchdown before the half not only was the ball not close to breaking the goal line but his first foot looked like it landed out of bounds lol, props to Owen though they played hard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT