ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the Mount Airy vs North Stokes Game Monday

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Well where is all the Bear Fans .What are your thoughts on The MA vs N.ST game.Did losing to Surry Central put you to sleep. I say the 1 point win at North Surry game drained them and to overconfident at Surry Central with some other thoughts I have about the loss at Surry Central . Coach Holder knows what he is doing and there will be a turn around at least by next year if not before. Every post I have about the Bears does not have to be carried to the gutter.I have not spoken bad about any ones team this year.

Last edited:
I will add this , North Stokes has played Mount Airy sense around the 1970s or longer and only beat the Bears ounce and that was in the 1990s or early 2000s I think. Can they make this # 2 in their history of play. They are hungry to do that. Does Mount Airy have enough pride to not let that happen again. Monday night will tell the tell and on Home coming at that. That would make North Stokes season beating Mount Airy a second time and on there Home Coming night. I say Bear Pride and Tradition will over come after the embarrassing loss to SC and the Bears will win at home in a big way ! !
IN North Stokes 6 games Team opponent have won 11 games and lost 24 games
North Stokes has scored 144 points to opponent's 73
South Stokes & S. Davidson are 0 -wins and 12 Loses or 6 loses each
Alleghany is 1 Win & 5 Losses
And Bishop 2 Wins 4 Loses ,
And Mount Airy got shut out by Surry Central 20 to 0 and are 2 Wins & 4 Losses . And in 6 games they have scored 83 points for and 166 against.....
Strange season .Go figure ! !

Last edited:
With MA's high octane offense, I will say MA by 9. (MA kicks 3 field goals. Only scoring threat is the kicker)

Coach Holder will have this team straighten out and win this game by 3tds. Will not lose on homecoming night.

I haven't seen MT airy this year but have seen them many times over the years. They will definitely have more talented players and a more experienced coaching staff and should win easily. North Stokes has made great strides this year coach Reeves and his staff have the players buying in to what they want. They will line up and try to run it straight at you and try to control the clock mix in a few passes with a good qb and receivers that can caught. With no turnovers may be able to keep it close. Probably can't play with the bears but should be able to be competitive with rest of conference except East Surry

I know someone is eating a lot of crow tonight . Not calling no name but maybe they will step forward .
As I said Coach Holder would have his team ready, Prayers for the injured player !

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Hope #6 is ok always scary to see a kid put in the ambulance. Why did mt airy play starters whole game? Was 35-0 when he got hurt with 3:33 in game left.

Photo,

North Stokes beat MA 20-16 in 1995 when Kirk Martin was their coach for that one year and Diamont was on his way out of MA it was his last year. Both teams went to the 2nd round in the playoffs that year which was the first time ever North Stokes made the playoffs let alone win a playoff game.

North Stokes hasn't come close against MA since then including last night.

Photo,

North Stokes beat MA 20-16 in 1995 when Kirk Martin was their coach for that one year and Diamont was on his way out of MA it was his last year. Both teams went to the 2nd round in the playoffs that year which was the first time ever North Stokes made the playoffs let alone win a playoff game.

North Stokes hasn't come close against MA since then including last night.
Thanks Slasher Killer. I knew it was in that time frame. 2000s didn't sound right but I through that in. I was a Photographer at the News then. It was a blow to that senior team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Thanks Slasher Killer. I knew it was in that time frame. 2000s didn't sound right but I through that in. I was a Photographer at the News then. It was a blow to that senior team.

Yep. You took pictures at our game vs West Iredell that night I believe.

Not hiring Kirk that year was foolish. Not saying our coach in 1995 was a bad one but he ran a lot of good athletes off that season and it hurt us a better record. Kirk was the heir to Neil Setzer and was in the right spot, but we went with another guy from in the area and it put us behind. Our loss was N Stokes's gain that year.

That MA squad's underclassmen turned out some decent teams those next two years though.

Photo and slasher. I can't believe that has been 20 years. Did Kirk just stay 1 year at N. Stokes? He was one heck of a coach.

That was coach Charlie Atkins I would think. they named the stadium after him. Also coached at Mount Airy before going to NS or maybe graduated from MA and coached there.I think he was a standout in baseball and football at MA.

Last edited:
Speaking from experience,Kirk Martin was a great teacher, coach and most of all friend. I learned so much from him when he coached me and taught me.

Photo Im a were of coach Atkins. Maybe what I should have ask was "did coach K. Martin have the highest winning percentage as a coach at North Surry"?

Photo Im a were of coach Atkins. Maybe what I should have ask was "did coach K. Martin have the highest winning percentage as a coach at North Surry"?
That's ok . I just looked back at my answer and it looks like I was giving a smart A$$ answer. I just answered and did not mean for it to come out that way. Sorry if it looked that way to you .Got a bad habit of typing and sending without proof reading for spelling and errors .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT