ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Monday games.

strangerdanger

Sep 17, 2011
I can understand the delay because of lightening, but just regular rain? Do the powers that make the decision think that more fans will come out on Monday? Now it will be wet again today, will that keep fans from coming to the game tonight? I look for smaller crowds tonight than they would have seen Friday and a even sloppier game tonight.

+1

I know of one game moved to tonight and they have already cancelled tonight.

West Craven was concerned about messing up the field. I understand that thinking because we have a big home game coming up in a couple of weeks. We didn't get that much in Vanceboro this weekend and hopefully it don't rain there much today. I work in Pamlico County and its rained all morning.

Most of Gaston County moved games till tonight. Now calling for possible thunder storms tonight. Still think games should be played if there is no lightening on Friday nights. If they postpone games to night teams are looking to playing 3 games in 7 days.

Just like everything else, it's the wussification of football. They called it off Friday when it was just light rain off and on. Now the fields are saturated and there is just as much chance of rain as then. They were concerned about Friday's gate with the rain. Just look at what they get tonight. Really stupid decision making.

Just like everything else, it's the wussification of football. They called it off Friday when it was just light rain off and on. Now the fields are saturated and there is just as much chance of rain as then. They were concerned about Friday's gate with the rain. Just look at what they get tonight. Really stupid decision making.

Agreed. And we get just 3 days off before we have to turn right around and play East Rutherford, who had a bye last week.

We've had probably 6 inches of rain or so since friday morn as I type this monday nite at 8'30pm....sure am glad Reidsville had a bye week last friday...feel sorry for those teams that have only a 3 day turnaround before they play again..................

Mooresville was supposed to play at Statesville. Game post poned. Game eventually played in Mooresville last night (turf field). Statesville was given the gate money, which appeared to be decent. Mooresville won big and I'd be willing to bet those Statesville folks would have much rather had that home field advantage, rain, mud, gate receipts, or whatever.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I'm really not sure what people were thinking (Wishful Thinking I guess)....once it got to Friday, and there was an updated 5 day forecast, the conditions were not going to be much better anywhere for Monday. Sure it may not have rained that hard last night, but grass fields took in a lot of water over the weekend.....The wind blew and the rain fell pretty good at times Friday night, but other than the Homecoming girls, I don't think you would get much of an argument out of either KM or Shelby fans that we made the right call to play in the rain. Rough estimate 5,000 in attendance.

Lightening is aggravating to deal with, but everyone knew that there was none on Friday to deal with....play the game.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT