ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts and Scores to note

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
How does a fan whose team won by 50 to 14 not feel great?
Yes Mt Airy won going away. However, anybody that thinks North Surry is not good, and capable of being really good, just did not see the game I saw. First, the fastest player on the field was NS # 3. And has talent. Where is the portal when you need it?
Their QB can throw the ball accurately. Running game can, and I predict will, improve. Big line! and will most likely get better with experience.

My advice to every other team and fan base that will face North Surry, you better be prepared. They could easily run the table the rest of the year.

Tarboro 30 Rocky Mount 0. while not the biggest surprise, but isn't Rocky Mount a 3A school? Yes. I just looked it up.
Way to go Tarboro.

Starmount 43 Trinity 0. Trinity is a 2A and while not very good, apparently, still Starmount hung a goose egg on them.
South Stanley 16 West Stanley 10. Ok this is not a world beater but South has struggled the past several years and 2A West Stanley has been a very competitive school. Just a nice surprise and hopefully a sign South is rising again.

North Rowan 46 East Rowan 6. Again a really tough 1A laying the wood to a 3A team. 2nd year coach said on HSOT interview that they were excited about the coming year. I would say YEP.

Mountain Heritage 54 Chase 0. Football Guru Chris Hughes projects Mountain Heritage to come out of the West to face Tarboro. Well, they made 2A Chase a believer.

East Wilkes 34 West Wilkes 6. East and their 2nd year head coach appear to moving rapidly up the ladder with a solid win over 2A West.

But just to me, the score that we all, including Guru Chris Hughes, should see and take note of, is this one:
Eastern Randolph 29 vs 3A Eastern Alamance 0.
Want to talk about a team being battled tested come playoff time? OMG.

As for the EW game. Should have been 34-0. West scored with 7 secs left after a gifted pass interference penalty put them at the 2 yard line. Nevertheless, we really struggled with the screen pass in the 2nd half. The defense played really well as the score shows with multiple turnovers. Not sure exactly how well either team is being its the first game. But I did see some good points for EW. Barring injury, remember the name Austin Nash, as I'm sure he is going to rack up some numbers this year. Just on his 3 scores last night over 200 yards. Not sure of final rush total. The offense moved the ball at will and are really starting to click with the triple option and with the new coach. (They had him for a while in middle school as well so he knows the kids) looking forward to seeing how this group does moving forward and getting better. Only 5 or 6 seniors on this team. Loaded with Juniors.

Looks like it's going to be another long season for Elkin. I just don't understand why you would put a new(though experienced) head coach in the AD role. I can't help but think that is going to hinder progress. Especially when the football program has been atrocious and needs every bit of attention and energy it can get.

Yes Mt Airy won going away. However, anybody that thinks North Surry is not good, and capable of being really good, just did not see the game I saw. First, the fastest player on the field was NS # 3. And has talent. Where is the portal when you need it?
Their QB can throw the ball accurately. Running game can, and I predict will, improve. Big line! and will most likely get better with experience.

My advice to every other team and fan base that will face North Surry, you better be prepared. They could easily run the table the rest of the year.

Tarboro 30 Rocky Mount 0. while not the biggest surprise, but isn't Rocky Mount a 3A school? Yes. I just looked it up.
Way to go Tarboro.

Starmount 43 Trinity 0. Trinity is a 2A and while not very good, apparently, still Starmount hung a goose egg on them.
South Stanley 16 West Stanley 10. Ok this is not a world beater but South has struggled the past several years and 2A West Stanley has been a very competitive school. Just a nice surprise and hopefully a sign South is rising again.

North Rowan 46 East Rowan 6. Again a really tough 1A laying the wood to a 3A team. 2nd year coach said on HSOT interview that they were excited about the coming year. I would say YEP.

Mountain Heritage 54 Chase 0. Football Guru Chris Hughes projects Mountain Heritage to come out of the West to face Tarboro. Well, they made 2A Chase a believer.

East Wilkes 34 West Wilkes 6. East and their 2nd year head coach appear to moving rapidly up the ladder with a solid win over 2A West.

But just to me, the score that we all, including Guru Chris Hughes, should see and take note of, is this one:
ER also having a very tragic event happen to 4 of their classmates had to weighing on them too.
Prayers for them.

Way to go Tarboro.

Couldn’t agree with this post more on a post game analysis. I will be surprised if Ma sees a better team than what they seen last night till the 3rd round of the playoffs. Yes ole yes I’m that high on what I saw out of north last night. Very impressed wit the qb arm and accuracy. Ma secondary got burned a couple times but every other time it was pretty dog gone good coverage and a throw spot on in places only the receiver could catch. Great little running back and a big offensive and defensive line. BEars are good , real good and this game a lot of preople around here thought was gonna be a lot closer and it deff felt closer. Make no mistake about it bears have some work to do but if one thinks it’s gonna be a down year then let’s talk when round 4 roll around and your team is coming to Wallace Shelton to play. The new added passing dynamic showed flashes last night but once it comes around will add a whole other dynamic to the triple option. This team is gonna be there .

Looks like it's going to be another long season for Elkin. I just don't understand why you would put a new(though experienced) head coach in the AD role. I can't help but think that is going to hinder progress. Especially when the football program has been atrocious and needs every bit of attention and energy it can get.
What do you mean. That's how it should be. The football coach if he's any good should be the athletic director. It's the only sport that makes money in high school. Except for maybe the basketball team at some 3A and 4A schools. It generates all the revenue. It should make the decisions. That's our problem in high school football. Everybody else wants to get a piece of the pie. You can bet your ass when Elkin was winning state championships. They got whatever they wanted. That's how it should be generates the most interest generates the most income etc etc. It's not hindering anything. That's a very short-sided statement. And I don't really know what it has to do with him being a football coach. Elkins biggest problem right now is is they have a bunch of wusses. No weight room work. The only thing he didn't do a good job of was getting rid of those coaches. That were there. Most of them are terrible. But they've been there a long time so I guess you can't fire them. Which is the problem. That's cool we used to win on toughness alone. And everyone wanted to come there. it's a joke athletically. Soccer taking center stage. The best coach in that school is the volleyball coach. He's the meanest SOB they got. He breeds toughness. Great observation on the game. Although North Wilkes does have a pretty damn good football coach. I believe he won a state championship when he was in Greenville. Athletic director has nothing to do with it. Maybe they're thinking is let's build this program back athletically. Let's start at the bottom. Let's make people tough.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
What do you mean. That's how it should be. The football coach if he's any good should be the athletic director. It's the only sport that makes money in high school. Except for maybe the basketball team at some 3A and 4A schools. It generates all the revenue. It should make the decisions. That's our problem in high school football. Everybody else wants to get a piece of the pie. You can bet your ass when Elkin was winning state championships. They got whatever they wanted. That's how it should be generates the most interest generates the most income etc etc. It's not hindering anything. That's a very short-sided statement. And I don't really know what it has to do with him being a football coach. Elkins biggest problem right now is is they have a bunch of wusses. No weight room work. The only thing he didn't do a good job of was getting rid of those coaches. That were there. Most of them are terrible. But they've been there a long time so I guess you can't fire them. Which is the problem. That's cool we used to win on toughness alone. And everyone wanted to come there. it's a joke athletically. Soccer taking center stage. The best coach in that school is the volleyball coach. He's the meanest SOB they got. He breeds toughness. Great observation on the game. Although North Wilkes does have a pretty damn good football coach. I believe he won a state championship when he was in Greenville. Athletic director has nothing to do with it. Maybe they're thinking is let's build this program back athletically. Let's start at the bottom. Let's make people tough.

What does that statement mean that’s bolded above?

• Wow
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Starmount went from 42-30 last year versus Trinity to 43-0. The defense was bringing the heat against the Bulldogs.

They definitely need to clean up some stuff (penalties) but a nice shut out win was great.
The first half offense was tough to watch. You could definitely tell it was the first game with new coaches. Lots of penalties, dropped passes. Second half was better. Defense was great. Special teams was great as well. I think held Trinity to 73 yards on the night. This team and coaching is better than last year

Reactions: kingbluedevil

Do you know what all is required from an athletic director? The amount of paperwork that must be done? The fact you have to manage other sports than just football?

The only short sightedness is your lack of a critical thought process.

The first half offense was tough to watch. You could definitely tell it was the first game with new coaches. Lots of penalties, dropped passes. Second half was better. Defense was great. Special teams was great as well. I think held Trinity to 73 yards on the night. This team and coaching is better than last year
I think Trinity only had 2 first downs before garbage time. The game seemed more lopsided than 43-0

Reactions: NCBBFB
Sometimes have 4 different sports going on in a day
Manage them? You make sure that people have their physicals you make sure they have the things required by the North Carolina high School athletic association. But there's nothing wrong with having the director of athletics be your head football coach. Is there. Used to be the way it was done all the time. And you know why? Because it's the sport that matters the most. No matter who's feelings get hurt. It's the sport that matters the most. It allows mens and women's golf men's and women's tennis in Elkins case fencing? To be able to have sports. In a time when we have too many sports and the true sports should be accentuated and kids made to play them or maybe just grow the band.

You really are the real squid aren't you. Intelligent. Flighty. Swims away real quick. Hides under a rock. Eats miniscule Plankton. Produces a stream of ink so that he can run away and hide.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
Do you know what all is required from an athletic director? The amount of paperwork that must be done? The fact you have to manage other sports than just football?

The only short sightedness is your lack of a critical thought process.
I would assume (I really have no idea) they have an assistant AD taking care of administrative duties during the fall sports season. In my experience that is common place.

You really are the real squid aren't you. Intelligent. Flighty. Swims away real quick. Hides under a rock. Eats miniscule Plankton. Produces a stream of ink so that he can run away and hide.
Lol...Yup I just laugh at your ignorant posts while I'm bored at work.

And yes I am very intelligent. Thanks for noticing.

Reactions: smcdom123
Cats Cats Cats. If we are beating Chase like that game 1. Boys are legit and we have some of the best coaches in the state. I knew they were good but I became a believer last night. The boys and coaches kept their foot on the gas this offseason. It shows!

Cats Cats Cats. If we are beating Chase like that game 1. Boys are legit and we have some of the best coaches in the state. I knew they were good but I became a believer last night. The boys and coaches kept their foot on the gas this offseason. It shows!
That's the truth Chase is no joke. I wouldn't be one dimensional with that QB though against some of these good teams. Chase is way down. Rutherford county is not what it used to be

You have a very unrealistic view of HS sports. I guess you consider core sports to be ones you support.
No I don't I just think it's ridiculous in one a that we have more than three sports per season. We'll say four. But really volleyball football tennis and right now boys soccer until they move it to the spring. That's it. Winter basketball wrestling basketball. Spring track baseball girls soccer softball. That's all you need in a 1A school. You aren't going to lose kids to other schools. Anyway your comment or whoever's coming about the football coach not being in the athletic director is ridiculous. He should direct all athletics he pays for them all. Too bad if you think everybody gets a trophy brother. That's what's wrong with it America, the world, everybody gets something. No you earn it and if you want to you get to the top I'll be in the baddest MF on the planet.

I think what she is say is what did YOU mean in the statement that SHE bolded.
Oh sorry lyles. You disagree with me about Elkins sports? You're there aren't you? You see how bad it is. You see what's happened since they had a hard ass coach. And football was king. You're there tell me how it is?

What does that statement mean that’s bolded above?
Lol… sounds like what you think it means Deana.. sounds like he was a Buckin Elk now parlaying as an East Surry Cardinal, when in actuality he has nothing to do with East Surry and more to do with another team that’s currently mopping the floor with everyone in 1a! If you ask me! LoL.. He ain’t no East Surry Fan!

No I don't I just think it's ridiculous in one a that we have more than three sports per season. We'll say four. But really volleyball football tennis and right now boys soccer until they move it to the spring. That's it. Winter basketball wrestling basketball. Spring track baseball girls soccer softball. That's all you need in a 1A school. You aren't going to lose kids to other schools. Anyway your comment or whoever's coming about the football coach not being in the athletic director is ridiculous. He should direct all athletics he pays for them all. Too bad if you think everybody gets a trophy brother. That's what's wrong with it America, the world, everybody gets something. No you earn it and if you want to you get to the top I'll be in the baddest MF on the planet.

There are alot more kids that play those sports in 1A schools than you realize. Your mindset is about as narrow as the hole in a coffee stirrer.

Lol… sounds like what you think it means Deana.. sounds like he was a Buckin Elk now parlaying as an East Surry Cardinal, when it actuality he has nothing to do with East Surry and more to do with another team that’s currently mopping the floor with everyone in 1a! If you ask me! LoL.. He ain’t no East Surry Fan!
Definitely not a bucking elk. Wasn't even an elk. Cavalier. You look up those teams. You'll figure it out. North Carolina. Real football. I don't have much to do with East. You're right. But you're such a badass man with the blueprint. I think I probably flew your boss around.

Lol you’re not A Buckin Elk now.. just go back and read your post that she questioned.. you almost spell it out that you used to be.

Lol… sounds like what you think it means Deana.. sounds like he was a Buckin Elk now parlaying as an East Surry Cardinal, when in actuality he has nothing to do with East Surry and more to do with another team that’s currently mopping the floor with everyone in 1a! If you ask me! LoL.. He ain’t no East Surry Fan!
Laugh out loud. Or lots of love. You big old teddy bear.

Lol you’re not A Buckin Elk now.. just go back and read your post that she questioned.. you almost spell it out that you used to be.
By saying they used to be tough? Is that the quote you're talking about? I'm definitely not a bucking elk. Did you play for the x? Because that's what you seem like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very proud of my Mountain Heritage Cougs. I wish I could have been at last night’s game. I thought we would win but didn’t think we would dominate. Just one win but an impressive one.

By saying they used to be tough? Is that the quote you're talking about? I'm definitely not a bucking elk. Did you play for the x? Because that's what you seem like.
Now that is hilarious. ‘03-‘06 Elks were tough! Any Grissom coached team was tough. Doesn’t mean that they won it all but he instilled a lot of tools in those undermanned squads to out-physical teams at the point of attack., and still be better conditioned in the second half to win all the 50-50 balls, fumbles, etc. That guy was just different. I never played for him. I’m laughing at what Deana pointed out! She saw something! Shoot the messenger.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT