ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville Football Coaching Search

According to the Dispatch, it's official.
"I'm really excited" said Thomasville athletic director Steve Bare. "He's a good man. Everybody I've talked to has high praise for him. We're excited to have him".

Welcome Coach Robertson.

Reactions: ITJ
Coach Rob is a good man/coach. But you've got to have the players to put the W in the column.

I heard he is getting mad $$$. Good Hire!!
It’s a great hire. But I wouldn’t believe the rumors. It’s very much in line with other area coaches. And significantly less than the coach at another small city school system coach nearby. It’s public record.

He didn’t come for the money.

Someone recently made a statement that isn't it funny that for all the years before, the team looked really good and the practice field always looked rough and used. The last few years, the team has looked ugly and the practice field nice and neat. I hope we are getting back now to the days of messing that field up from hard work and that it will show on Friday nights!

Reactions: ocdavis31
It’s a great hire. But I wouldn’t believe the rumors. It’s very much in line with other area coaches. And significantly less than the coach at another small city school system coach nearby. It’s public record.

He didn’t come for the money.

Where would one find this "public" record? School systems have the ability to use "local" funds at their discretion (lead teachers, support staff, technology support, etc.) Coach Robertson could be set up as a 12 month employee, and given supplements for weight training, field maintenance, football, etc. I've heard he got a pretty sweet deal.

Where would one find this "public" record? School systems have the ability to use "local" funds at their discretion (lead teachers, support staff, technology support, etc.) Coach Robertson could be set up as a 12 month employee, and given supplements for weight training, field maintenance, football, etc. I've heard he got a pretty sweet deal.
All governmental employees’ pay is public record. You could make a public records request through the school system office.

All of the above.

Now that the coach is in place, what will the Dogs look like this season? I would like to see my wolves and the dogs have another playoff matchup

He runs an offense and defense very similar to Reidsville. Not really pass first but it will be spread. A lot of read/vear. Hard nosed tough D. He runs a tight ship. Won't put up with a lot of mess.

Seeing good signs lately. Both Coach Bryant and Coach Brown have been spotted around the school. Has he reached out to them as possible helpers? Consultants? Time will tell, but things sure are looking up for the Dogs again!

Hope you'll be able to make it to Cushwa, Buddy. Hopefully, the future for both sets of Bulldogs is brighter than our recent past.

Reactions: btango
Thomasville lost a very good player in Gilbert DB! Moving will be a hit to Defense will make a difference at next school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT