ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville 3-1 vs. N Rowan 3-1

bigtime_87

Oct 3, 2014
Old rivals collide Friday at Cushwa Stadium to grab the top 1A spot from the 1A/2A CCC. Winner finishes 2nd behind Salisbury and the loser takes 3rd with the rest of the league falling way behind the top 3. Thomasville played Salisbury and lost 49-21. The teams traded scores early on as the Dogs led 8-7 but then the Hornets took over pounding the Dogs hard to take a huge halftime lead. The Dogs never recovered but continued to play hard and scored a couple of TD's in the second half and had a long pick six called back to finish strong and begin prepping for this week. NR beat underdog S Davidson 58-0 using its speed to get behind defenders and frankly just outran the Wildcats all night long for the blowout win. Both teams will be well coached, prepared and ready to go Friday night. This is the biggest game of the regular season for both teams seeking to grab that high 1A seed come playoff time. I take the Bulldogs led by junior QB #12, WR #3 and two big fast RB's #1 and #5 by two TD's.

Score was 59-12 when I left with 2 to go but I think north Rowan scored again but not sure. Dogs were too powerful up front on both sides of the ball. I think the dogs win out after this one and enter the playoffs at 8-1 (could still pick up a game in the bye week to replace andrews)

The Bulldogs ground game is going to be hard to handle come playoff time…baring injuries and a bad game with turnovers
Dogs must build some depth at the skill positions and shore up some of the special teams for a strong playoff run. Remainder of the schedule is pretty much blowout wins so hopefully the coaching staff will develop the backups with some good PT once the Dogs build that big lead. #12 and #1 have different gears and are super fast and hard to tackle. The defense runs to the ball, defends the pass and the O/D line depth is real good. Dogs have a rotation of 8-10 big lineman that can play on either side with no loss of ability. #60 and #70 are big strong kids that most teams have had a hard time stopping on the DL. Dogs will be a top team for years to come in this 1A relaignment. Competed well in the much larger 10 team CCC with what is now five 3A schools so 1A will be good for them. The middle school team is sending up a class of 8th graders comparible to the current 10/11 class for size and speed.

Was this the biggest win by either team in this series…NR usually gives tville a tough game

Was this the biggest win by either team in this series…NR usually gives tville a tough game
In recent times yes. NR had beaten THS like 4 of the last 5 times prior to Friday night and it was always a good game. NR did not lose a game in the 2011-2015 2A CCC conference until 2015 when the Bulldogs beat them to win the CCC title. I have never understood how NR has never won a state title in 1A football with all those athletes and good numbers every year. They will be solid the next few years. The QB is a 9th grader and very fast. The RB is young and very fast. #4 is a manchild and made some big plays for them. Cannot understand why he is not the TB instead of a wasted WR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT