ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Jefferson and Coach Jerry Cash

They've had some good stories out of Cherokee and Murphy this year, but I imagine we aren't too high-priority when the satellite companies give out of state local stations to half the conference.

Kudos to coach cash as its a great feet and its interesting that 2 of my 'sources' (neither BM or TJ fans) who were at the game said tj had 4 coaches there and they were filming signals with their cell phones. One of my sources was sittin right next to em. IF true that's bush.

Cash said winning breeds winning and alot of kids are wanting ti come to Tj now.

He said, "Cash said winning breeds winning." He was not quoted as saying "alot of kids are wanting ti come to Tj now." The second part was something you added?

Reactions: dmcamp
We all know it happens . They just don’t want to admit it . The coach pretty much says it . Winning breeds kids wanting to come . This is why everyone says they have advantage . Look at when Swain was good all the cherokee kids went because they were good . Since the state put the 365 rule in Swain is avg and Cherokee won state ..

Reactions: BK13T-$
We all know it happens . They just don’t want to admit it . The coach pretty much says it . Winning breeds kids wanting to come . This is why everyone says they have advantage . Look at when Swain was good all the cherokee kids went because they were good . Since the state put the 365 rule in Swain is avg and Cherokee won state ..
The 365 rule is gone

Second year with no 365 but even before then a school system could override that rule. Note Forsyth County.

Reactions: dmcamp
Charters should play with privates

There needs to be a change for the playoffs. Not enough schools for a separate subclass in football but there is in the non football sports.

Check your state house representative's voting record on charter schools. Most likely votes for them. Next time you see him especially if he is at a school event ask him if he understands the ripple effect.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Yes he said it. I watched it and have it recorded. Nice try though

They is a rule that Cherokee kids have to go to Swain before HS. That's the rule he meant not the 365 rule.

There needs to be a change for the playoffs. Not enough schools for a separate subclass in football but there is in the non football sports.

Check your state house representative's voting record on charter schools. Most likely votes for them. Next time you see him especially if he is at a school event ask him if he understands the ripple effect.

Sadly people won't check what their rep does. Education isn't a priority. They'll still vote and support them no matter what all while continuing to whine about it. If people want something done then people have to do something about it.

All the NCHSAA sees is 3 things when it comes to charter schools:
1) Money, money, money.
2) The chance for schools to play somebody different. Even though some can argue how unfair it is to play against schools that can recruit.
3) Money, money, money. Greed and nothing more.

They don't see how it hurts the other areas around it.

All the NCHSAA sees is 3 things when it comes to charter schools:
1) Money, money, money.
2) The chance for schools to play somebody different. Even though some can argue how unfair it is to play against schools that can recruit.
3) Money, money, money. Greed and nothing more.

They don't see how it hurts the other areas around it.

The NCHSAA admin wanted to make changes several years ago when Bishop McGuiness, a Parochial, was dominating girls hoops. It would be simple to have a separate playoff for charters in non football sports. The charters complained and the NCHSAA was literally told by the state legislature that charters were no different than any other public school and should be treated the same.

What goes along with those schools "should be treated the same" is when the NCHSAA recommended to 1A schools to go to a four round playoffs during the last realignment and have their own championship weekend 1A schools mainly due to two complaints of the schools. Football coaches felt they were overlooked on championship weekend and the non football sports wanted football to be finished earlier. Girls sports were onboard as they felt it hurt them in basketball due to scheduling and attendance. The 1A football coaches said it was not fair to them to be treated differently than the other three classifications. I disagreed because there were less than 80 football playing 1A schools and we were seeing very inferior teams qualifying. Currently I believe 1A and 4A should be four rounds. Found it strange that the classification that brought subdivided playoffs and the pod system did not want to be treated differently. Their own words are now used by charters but I agree that the charter school issue is the most important item facing the NCHSAA.

Personally, I think 1A needs to be split up during the non football playoffs into a "traditional" and "non traditional" format. "Non traditional" should be charters, Parochial, non boundary or extended boundary magnets, and any boundary high school that allows students that do not live in the geographical district to play sports. Exception would be children of teachers and administrators working at the school and students that move from the district during junior year (all students should be allowed to finish their senior year at the school they have been attending). I am sure a lot of "traditional" schools would need to make changes to meet that residency guideline! How would Swain and Cherokee be viewed back in the day when students were bouncing back and forth? How "traditional" was that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Swain97
That’s a good point . I’ve always wondered how kids that live in Jackson county end of are reservation can go to swain wouldn’t that b considered out of district?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT