The State of Tuscola Football

nueman

Oct 6, 2001
1. Can’t block
2. Can’t tackle
3. Can’t cover
4. Can’t catch
0-4

This team is the polar opposites of the jv team Who can do all of those things mentioned above . Unreal.

Reactions: realjoejr
Hopefully the Mounties will get it together soon.......carry on the tradition!!!! When Big T takes the field to Motorheads time to play the game we need to see the fear in the opponents eyes again and at the beginning of the 4th the Band needs to be blaring out Another One Bites the Dust....those were the days......

This team is the polar opposites of the jv team Who can do all of those things mentioned above . Unreal.
Talking to a couple of people and overhearing another player, they were saying the JV would regularly beat the Varsity in practice, don't know how much truth there is to it, but maybe it's a good sign considering the middle school team is always good and JV has consistently been good but it never seems to translate to varsity.

Reactions: UNC91 and 91ths
Talking to a couple of people and overhearing another player, they were saying the JV would regularly beat the Varsity in practice, don't know how much truth there is to it, but maybe it's a good sign considering the middle school team is always good and JV has consistently been good but it never seems to translate to varsity.
Not looking for confrontation but I saw similar stuff a few years ago posted by posters on here. I don’t understand the need to belittle the varsity kids playing against other varsity teams by posting how the JV kids can maybe/perhaps/I heard/they said can beat the varsity in practice. Even if true I don’t see how it serves anyone to put that out there since a lot of high school kids do actually read these things.

Not looking for confrontation but I saw similar stuff a few years ago posted by posters on here. I don’t understand the need to belittle the varsity kids playing against other varsity teams by posting how the JV kids can maybe/perhaps/I heard/they said can beat the varsity in practice. Even if true I don’t see how it serves anyone to put that out there since a lot of high school kids do actually read these things.

Ya don’t like it? Do something about. Don’t cry about it and ask someone not to say it. Do I think any jv team can beat their varsity? No because if so that’s some terrible coaching. But make a point or prove someone wrong.
Welcome to America in 2021.

Ya don’t like it? Do something about. Don’t cry about it and ask someone not to say it. Do I think any jv team can beat their varsity? No because if so that’s some terrible coaching. But make a point or prove someone wrong.
Welcome to America in 2021.
Who’s crying about it? I’m saying that it doesn’t benefit anybody to drag the varsity kids, that’s my point. If Tuscola posters want to run their own varsity kids into the ground then you guys can go wild, just figured a touch of class never hurts. I learned long ago that many times good advice is like casting pearls before swine.

Reactions: UNC91
Hopefully the Mounties will get it together soon.......carry on the tradition!!!! When Big T takes the field to Motorheads time to play the game we need to see the fear in the opponents eyes again and at the beginning of the 4th the Band needs to be blaring out Another One Bites the Dust....those were the days......

You tuscola boys mind if Pisgah borrows this song sense y'all ain't using it?

Not sure when teams feared tuscola but ok. Hey, since y'all ain't using this song anymore care if Pisgah borrows it?

Aahhh nothing but class. ^ Are you guys still menstruating in the 2a rankings poll?
Yep...were in the 2a polls...same polls that your folks all but paid off/ threatened to sue...the state and nchsaa to try to get in.

Yep...were in the 2a polls...same polls that your folks all but paid off/ threatened to sue...the state and nchsaa to try to get in.
Oh you mean because we have fewer students than you all? Yet you all seem to slip through the cracks everytime. Ok got it. Wonder why that is?

I hope so bro. Surely I’m not alone. I’m looking toward this fall. I think we will and can improve. Good luck to you all.

You guys need to Buck Up , Go get yourself a new staff . I can give the inside track on the perfect one.
Shh dont tell anybody but we at East Henderson will pay you to take our entire staff. You can plug them
right in, Then these will be the good old days. I can always get worse. We are hopeless.

Reactions: 91ths
LOL. But sadly the coaching carousel we have been riding has hurt us as well. I’m tired of it personally. It’s just time to dig in.

Oh you mean because we have fewer students than you all? Yet you all seem to slip through the cracks everytime. Ok got it. Wonder why that is?
We didn't threaten to sue maybe/ took what classification the state told us to/ Didn't piss off Que.. ??? We're gonna be 3a next fall ..we just accepted that and moved on.. no payments or lawsuits or phone calls to Roy boy Cooper.

We didn't threaten to sue maybe/ took what classification the state told us to/ Didn't piss off Que.. ??? We're gonna be 3a next fall ..we just accepted that and moved on.. no payments or lawsuits or phone calls to Roy boy Cooper.
Well I will be sure to mail you a cardboard cookie. Congrats 👏

I think Brookshire will do good here. The kids seem to be buying into his philosophy. He is by far the best coach Tuscola has had in sometime as far as X’s and O’s. I’m sure Chapel will have to step his game up in the coming years.
And I’m in no way bashing him because I feel like he’s the best second half coach I’ve ever seen in high school football.
Haywood County needs Tuscola football to be better and field a winning team. Especially during times like now.

Y'all sure didn't seem to mind when you had waaaaaaaay more students than Pisgah in the 80's. Now that the enrollment is practically even its a whole other ball game!

I think Brookshire will do good here. The kids seem to be buying into his philosophy. He is by far the best coach Tuscola has had in sometime as far as X’s and O’s. I’m sure Chapel will have to step his game up in the coming years.
And I’m in no way bashing him because I feel like he’s the best second half coach I’ve ever seen in high school football.
Haywood County needs Tuscola football to be better and field a winning team. Especially during times like now.
In the past decade Tuscola has had Donny Kiefer (state championship winning coach with multiple title game appearances) and Tommy Pursley (multiple state title game appearances as coach), and Brookshire is by far the best X’s and O’s coach? That is impressive to say the least.

phone calls to Roy boy Cooper.

I believe your mayor was hitting Roy Boy up pretty hard about 4 weeks ago himself.

In the past decade Tuscola has had Donny Kiefer (state championship winning coach with multiple title game appearances) and Tommy Pursley (multiple state title game appearances as coach), and Brookshire is by far the best X’s and O’s coach? That is impressive to say the least.

Kiefer was the best. But it’s been awhile since he’s been at Tuscola.
And Pursley was good but if you stopped them once or twice there was zero adjustments. Yeah he won quite a few games but how many close or big games did he win?
The players he had on those teams would have benefited from having another formation or two to spread the field out.

phone calls to Roy boy Cooper.

I believe your mayor was hitting Roy Boy up pretty hard about 4 weeks ago himself.
Yes charlie brown...I think he was...to get more fans in....not change conferences or classifications...tell me...what did your mayor do?

Last edited:
Kiefer was the best. But it’s been awhile since he’s been at Tuscola.
And Pursley was good but if you stopped them once or twice there was zero adjustments. Yeah he won quite a few games but how many close or big games did he win?
The players he had on those teams would have benefited from having another formation or two to spread the field out.
I have a friend whose son played for Pursley. He was a starter on defense. He injured his knee, not severely, but enough to where the sports medicine docs told him no practice or game for at least a week. He went to practice, but didn't dress out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend whose son played for Pursley. He was a starter on defense. He injured his knee, not severely, but enough to where the sports medicine docs told him no practice or game for at least a week. He went to practice, but didn't dress out.
The part I deleted is strictly hearsay so I deleted it. No reason for these things to be said. If true, parents should have been involved.

Since we have been 2A for four years and you still lost to us every time I do wonder why you think if you was 2A or we was 3A it would have been different?
You guys are not even any competition anymore .Maybe you need to hire a Pisgah assistant as coach since Smoky gives us a better game that Tuscola.I believe the last time we lost to Tuscola it was a former Pisgah coach that beat us .

Last edited:
Since we have been 2A for four years and you still lost to us every time I do wonder why you think if you was 2A or we was 3A it would have been different?
You guys are not even any competition anymore .Maybe you need to hire a Pisgah assistant as coach since Smoky gives us a better game that Tuscola.I believe the last time we lost to Tuscola it was a former Pisgah coach that beat us .
You must be a special kind of stupid. No where in my post did I say that. Why don’t you re read that and what was being discussed before commenting. As far as no competition no argument here. We haven’t got it done. I absolutely do wish our slump on you all one day.

You must be a special kind of stupid. No where in my post did I say that. Why don’t you re read that and what was being discussed before commenting. As far as no competition no argument here. We haven’t got it done. I absolutely do wish our slump on you all one day.
Have you went to any Tuscola game this year?

Yes. Have a son on jv. Been to a couple varsity. as forest gump would say. That’s all I got to say about that! Lmao! 😂
The reason I asked that was because last year you said you would not go to a game if they required a mask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT