ADVERTISEMENT

The best defense in the STATE

Mallard Creek would pound Crest lol. Stick to your 3A title and be happy lol.

Mallard Creek had 4 different opening for games at the end of the season. Not one phone call from Shelby or Crest?
If you're better than the Big Boys please explain why you never make the call?

Crestrulz,

I have been on coaching staffs at Rose and seen New Bern and Havelock, I have seen the kids and coaching those teams get. I was on staff at Northern Guilford and scrimmaged and played Crest, and moved back to 4A this year. Let's be real. Crest was VERY good, but after spending this past year back in 4A. 3A/3AA only has a few REALLY good programs. To say that Crest would have won at all levels might be a stretch and that defense would have at least been tested in 4A/AA with the likes of Dudley, Catholic, Vance, Mt. Tabor, Rocky River, Mooresville, etc. The 4AA is a monster with MC, Butler, et al. And that's just in the West. These would be teams that Crest would have faced before getting to New Bern...

Just be careful with trying to compare apples to oranges. 3A/3AA is NOT the same thing as 4A/AA. Again, not taking anything away from Crest coaches and players accomplishment, they won the state in the system our state uses. Congrats on winning the title, Crest always seem to be in contention and I'm sure will be back again next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT