ADVERTISEMENT

That 'Way To Early' thread!

EatonEagleJHS

Nov 30, 2021
OK all,
With the championships all decided... who are the teams to beat in 3a next year?

East: Havelock, Rose, Jville

West: Dudley, South Point (?), Crest (?)

Discuss!!

Scotland County is absolutely loaded with young talent. If the kids buy in early they will have to be dealt with.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Top 6 out West
1. Dudley
2. Crest
3. Statesville
4. Kings Mountain
5. West Charlotte
6. South Point

Top 3 east
1. Jacksonville
2. Rose
3. Eastern Alamance
Kylar, why list 6 teams from the West and only 3 from the East? Is it because the East is only half as strong as the West? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Hickory had a very young team and played strong all season. Another couple years and they may be in the conversation. Next season they could challenge for 1st spot in conference.

WEST CHARLOTTE is losing a bunch of kids .. they most likely won’t be top 20 next year … DUDLEY is still stacked but they will prob be playing a sophomore qb. But have a 1300 yard RB returning. They have two 20+ catch receivers returning. 2 defensive players with more than 70 tackles returning! … SOUTH POINT losing Riley and will probably just plug and play as usual. although they dont have anybody quite as good yet. Their defense will be well coached and play hard but nothing above average. Playoff team likely ...KINGS MOUNTAIN has their qb returning and 6 RBs! They are returning a bunch of kids all over the field! they are early favorite to make a deep run....CREST losing a bunch of studs on defense. On offense they have the QB returning and a couple young Rbs. They will have athletes and most likely a playoff team.... STATESVILLE was a buzzsaw until they met Dudley in playoffs. they are losing both senior QBs and one was also an 800 yard rusher. No real experience at rb returning. They have 3 junior receivers returning at WR. 4 of their top 5 tacklers are gone. That conference is between them and north lincoln but they can make playoffs again. NORTH DAVIDSON lost their QB but have the RB returning and 5 junior WRS! They need a QB to feed them guys. They bring back a bunch of juniors on defense too. If they find a QB they will be a tough out again.... HICKORY will be a sleeper next season. they were 7-5 but their conference was not good except statesville. The aye returning a sophomore QB who had a great season. Their leading rusher is a freshman and they have a junior and a sophomore returning at RB. They have a sophomore and junior at WR returning. They played a bunch of young kids on defense and have leading tackler returning. With the right matchup in playoffs they could do well.
Thoughts??

Thoughts??
Good list you have. I thought about West Charlotte but didn’t know they were losing a lot. The conference Statesville is in will be interesting. Possibly 3 teams battling for 1st. I could see N. Davidson improving and also Hibriten will be a better team. Dudley will be Dudley strong. I could see South Point a better team and back in contending for another run. Of course Kings Mountain will definitely makes some noise.

Good list you have. I thought about West Charlotte but didn’t know they were losing a lot. The conference Statesville is in will be interesting. Possibly 3 teams battling for 1st. I could see N. Davidson improving and also Hibriten will be a better team. Dudley will be Dudley strong. I could see South Point a better team and back in contending for another run. Of course Kings Mountain will definitely makes some noise.
South Point will be fine.

Losing Riley will hurt but we have a BIG kid coming up from JV that will fill that hole nicely and resemble some of the SP FB's from the past. Remember his name, Chaynce Ford.

In addition, Phifer will be back at QB. Would have been nice to seen how SP looked all year with him at QB if he had not gotten hurt in the first game.

6'8" 290lb Sully coming back to run behind will be a huge plus.

Significant loses are Triplett and Patterson on the OL, Culbreth on DL, Harris at LB.

Locked and loaded.

South Point will be fine.

Losing Riley will hurt but we have a BIG kid coming up from JV that will fill that hole nicely and resemble some of the SP FB's from the past. Remember his name, Chaynce Ford.

In addition, Phifer will be back at QB. Would have been nice to seen how SP looked all year with him at QB if he had not gotten hurt in the first game.

6'8" 290lb Sully coming back to run behind will be a huge plus.

Significant loses are Triplett and Patterson on the OL, Culbreth on DL, Harris at LB.

Locked and loaded.
Can't wait to see South Point next year.

Reactions: RealStihl
Thoughts??
100% spot on analysis. Also one more thing about KM, the Mountaineers were actually playing eight SOPHOMORES on the defensive side of the ball late in the season. It was trial by fire. That youth hurt them the first game out of the gate against Shelby and when Dudley went up tempo in the 3rd quarter of their game against each other but that experience will serve them well in upcoming years. Also those KM young guys played against 10 playoff teams this past season and 9 of those 10 teams advanced to at least the 2nd round…

I think Pisgah will actually be a little better next year than this year. They have some shoes to fill with 8 departure from the backfield and along the lines. But, I think they have a higher ceiling this coming year, that's saying something because I think they were pretty solid this year. Only time will tell for sure but hopefully, we actually have a home field which one would think will help as well. I think we could make a little noise though. Also, keep an eye on Smoky Mountain they could be a sleeper, have a really good team coming back. I know mountain teams are usually an afterthought in these conversations but I think both of these teams could be hard to deal with next year. I think SP fans would testify that a team better than this year's Pisgah team, could be really good next year.

I think Pisgah will actually be a little better next year than this year. They have some shoes to fill with 8 departure from the backfield and along the lines. But, I think they have a higher ceiling this coming year, that's saying something because I think they were pretty solid this year. Only time will tell for sure but hopefully, we actually have a home field which one would think will help as well. I think we could make a little noise though. Also, keep an eye on Smoky Mountain they could be a sleeper, have a really good team coming back. I know mountain teams are usually an afterthought in these conversations but I think both of these teams could be hard to deal with next year. I think SP fans would testify that a team better than this year's Pisgah team, could be really good next year.
Haven't thought about Pisgah... could come in under the radar.

Pisgah was solid this year. Probably the best Pisgah team I have seen SP play. 8 was impressive and will be hard to replace.

OK all,
With the championships all decided... who are the teams to beat in 3a next year?

East: Havelock, Rose, Jville

West: Dudley, South Point (?), Crest (?)

Discuss!!
Crest is how I spell it in the West. I'd go with Scotland in the East, but I'm intrigued about the talent that exists there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT