Gwytoli

Jan 2, 2017
Robbinsville 17
Mitchell 16

Murphy 55
East 14

Cherokee 42
Thomas J. 21

Post your picks and why.... trash talk is accepted for all the grown men that will sitting at their in laws house bored as hell... this post will give you something to read about. Happy Turkey Day

Robbinsville at Mitchell is a toss up to me. I think they are both the same caliber team and I think they match up perfect. Punch for punch. I do not expect a high scoring game. I expect a boring football game with it being halftime with a score of 10-7, 7-7, or 14-10. I will not be surprised with either team winning. I will give a one point edge to Robbinsville due to their late burst of energy.

Murphy VS East is a game that I do not see East matching up well to. J. Curry and a couple nice running backs. Murphy will have an offensive explosion right up the gut of Easts defense. Size for East isn't comparable. Speed is. For East to make this game a game, clock management and keeping the defensive Coord guessing will be key. I hope they practiced trick plays.

Cherokee VS Thomas Jefferson could make for a high scoring affair although I do feel like when Cherokee plays to their potential it could make for a long night for TJ. Resorting to putting the ball in the air, would be the way to go. TJ does have a couple big athletes that can play football. They will have to step up and play physical football. Expect a lot of penalties in this one. I just do not know from which team.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I think robinsville may pull tha upset, MAYBE!! Us and Murphy gonna be to physical for tha eastsiders!!! Big time runnin back from Lakewood back in 02 got stuck and stopped runnin hard, game over after that!! Believe tha same will happen to east and tj if our boys put a big hit on em!! SMC!!!

Murphy by 14 or more to much fire power and home field

Mitchell wins by 7 in a physical game but #4 for mitchell is the diff

Cherokee if Evans shows up like the last two games he along with Mintz and young Mintz along with that line will be to much. No score just feeling who I think will win lol

Not predicting scores but I believe SMC can go 3-0 Friday night. Robbinsville of course has the toughest match up as Mitchell is the favorite out of the West. I agree with NC nole in that Cherokee should take care of business but just because we beat the MIC by more than TJ does not mean it is going to be an easier opponent. Keep focused and don’t look ahead.

I’m going all SMC but expect them all to be close. I think everyone is underestimating Robbinsville but I think they will do it. I think Cherokee can out last TJ if they cut out the unnecessary penalties and don’t turn the ball over. I think if Murphy’s Defense comes out strong Murphy can win. It’s hard to stop Murphy’s offense and after seeing the highlights from last week they bent but didn’t break. Good luck to all the SMC teams

I’m going all SMC but expect them all to be close. I think everyone is underestimating Robbinsville but I think they will do it.

Seems to me you are correct except for the 90% of Mitchell fans I have talked with. Don't think many in purple are underestimating them. Most are expecting close toss up game or worse. Think most remember the Murphy game last year when most everyone was over confident. And well we know how that turned out. As I and others have said NEVER EVER overlook or count out the SMC teams until the clock says 0:00 and they are in the locker room.

Go Mountaineers

Seems to me you are correct except for the 90% of Mitchell fans I have talked with. Don't think many in purple are underestimating them. Most are expecting close toss up game or worse. Think most remember the Murphy game last year when most everyone was over confident. And well we know how that turned out. As I and others have said NEVER EVER overlook or count out the SMC teams until the clock says 0:00 and they are in the locker room.

Go Mountaineers
I should have made that clear. In no way did I mean Mitchell was overlooking Robbinsville. I meant most of the posters were. I am seriously thinking of coming to this game, which by the way is almost 3 hours when I could drive 12 miles to Murphy or a hour to Cherokee. I think this will be the game or should I say the war of the week.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
It' either going to be a knock down drag out slobberknocker, or a huge blowout. I'm reserved about making a prediction, but my heart says Mitchell 42 Robbinsville 17, and my brain says Mitchell 21 Robbinsville 20...

but my heart says Mitchell 42 Robbinsville 17
I'd be mighty impressed if Mitchell were able to score 42, but I just don't see it happening with Robbinsville's defense and ball control offense. I would think Robbinsville would have to turn the ball over a few times for Mitchell to score that many points.

Mitchell 28 - Robbinsville 21

Cherokee 42 - Thomas Jefferson 28

Murphy wins, no score prediction

Last edited:
I'd be mighty impressed if Mitchell were able to score 42, but I just don't see it happening with Robbinsville's defense and ball control offense. I would think Robbinsville would have to turn the ball over a few times for Mitchell to score that many points.

Looks like my heart was pretty darn close.

I seen that mountie, you was pretty darn close!! Looks like we shouldn't come over next week, everybody done thinkin unz have done whooped us?? On any givin night my friend!!!

Yeah man!! I know it's a tall order just like last time tho!! We're gettin back to a team that can take hits and give em back!!!

Tj and them boys in that conference hate bein hit, I know that ain't tha case with unz tho!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT