ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro @ Perquimans

TarVikes

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2017
The only question i have about this game is where is their football field located? The Google earth shot of the school doesn’t show a football field at the school.

Reactions: UNC_91
It is all I can do to keep my cool with those wanna be coaches most Friday nights. I stopped going to NC State football games for the same reason. Please know I never played a down of football and outside of 2 practices in middle school, I never broke a sweat related to playing football, but I do know a little about the game. The first thing I know is we as fans have no idea about the sacrifice it takes to prepare for the game as a player or a coach. The time, energy, blood, pain, and sweat cannot be measured. Being away from your family cannot be measured. The second thing I know is the players and coaches do not sit around trying to come up with creative ways to look bad and lose. The third thing I know is most of the High School programs in the State, no matter the class, wish they had what we have in Tarboro. I have friends that coach our team. Yes they can hear you yelling. So can the kids that play...and while they are big kids, they are still kids. If those wanna be coaches knew what some of those young men had to do just to get to school, they would shut up and give them what they deserve, which is dignity and respect. Sorry for the ramble. This is obviously a very touchy subject for me. I could say a lot more, but I will leave it at that.

It is all I can do to keep my cool with those wanna be coaches most Friday nights. I stopped going to NC State football games for the same reason. Please know I never played a down of football and outside of 2 practices in middle school, I never broke a sweat related to playing football, but I do know a little about the game. The first thing I know is we as fans have no idea about the sacrifice it takes to prepare for the game as a player or a coach. The time, energy, blood, pain, and sweat cannot be measured. Being away from your family cannot be measured. The second thing I know is the players and coaches do not sit around trying to come up with creative ways to look bad and lose. The third thing I know is most of the High School programs in the State, no matter the class, wish they had what we have in Tarboro. I have friends that coach our team. Yes they can hear you yelling. So can the kids that play...and while they are big kids, they are still kids. If those wanna be coaches knew what some of those young men had to do just to get to school, they would shut up and give them what they deserve, which is dignity and respect. Sorry for the ramble. This is obviously a very touchy subject for me. I could say a lot more, but I will leave it at that.
That's pretty much every fan base now.

Preach on all this 🙌🙌. I've always thought our fan base has been 95% classy and respectful. But here lately especially this season it seems like that disrespectful and classless part has grown. If you follow the tarboro football Facebook page, you'll see what I mean lol. Those coaches in the stands will also say stuff like I've called out for games, I've attended practices, and I'm a member of the booster club. But then those same exact people complaining about how Tarboro is in trouble and all this and that, will be the same ones that run on the field when the clock hits zero in the Eastern finals yelling telling the players how happy they are.

• Haha
Preach on all this 🙌🙌. I've always thought our fan base has been 95% classy and respectful. But here lately especially this season it seems like that disrespectful and classless part has grown. If you follow the tarboro football Facebook page, you'll see what I mean lol. Those coaches in the stands will also say stuff like I've called out for games, I've attended practices, and I'm a member of the booster club. But then those same exact people complaining about how Tarboro is in trouble and all this and that, will be the same ones that run on the field when the clock hits zero in the Eastern finals yelling telling the players how happy they are.
At one time Tarboro fans were wanting move back up 2A. Tarboro would be fine in 2A, but the Competition would be tougher opponents and lot of less of running the clock. And getting to the 2A State Championship would be a challange with alot of good 2A to compete with like Wallace Rose Hills, East Duplin, and Clinton. How would some of the Tarboro handle that? If they don't make it?

I think some of this is getting misleading and blown out of proportion. It’s not every Tarboro fan like this. I’ve only seen 2 or 3 people on Facebook that are taking it overboard with calling out the players.

I think some of this is getting misleading and blown out of proportion. It’s not every Tarboro fan like this. I’ve only seen 2 or 3 people on Facebook that are taking it overboard with calling out the players.
I said 95% of our fan base was loyal and not going overboard with criticism. Just this year though, it seems like more especially where I sit at are being critical.

At one time Tarboro fans were wanting move back up 2A. Tarboro would be fine in 2A, but the Competition would be tougher opponents and lot of less of running the clock. And getting to the 2A State Championship would be a challange with alot of good 2A to compete with like Wallace Rose Hills, East Duplin, and Clinton. How would some of the Tarboro handle that? If they don't make it?
Trust me a lot of Tarboro fans still want us to go back to 2a lol.

That is a true statement. 99% of the fans do enjoy watching the game and are very supportive. There is one "fan" however I wished would just stay home. If he isnt yelling at the team or coaches, he is yelling at the crowd to do something he thinks the crowd should be doing. He does make it less fun for me at least.

That is a true statement. 99% of the fans do enjoy watching the game and are very supportive. There is one "fan" however I wished would just stay home. If he isnt yelling at the team or coaches, he is yelling at the crowd to do something he thinks the crowd should be doing. He does make it less fun for me at least.
I know who your talking about lol 😂. And to be honest it's "fans" like him that are the reason why we have referee shortages. At the Hertford county game it was pathetic the stuff he was yelling at the officials. Like I know refs make mistakes but geez

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91 and vikewuf1
I know who your talking about lol 😂. And to be honest it's "fans" like him that are the reason why we have referee shortages. At the Hertford county game it was pathetic the stuff he was yelling at the officials. Like I know refs make mistakes but geez
Thats the guy! He is an embarrassment. We all get painted with his brush. You can bet Refs remember.

Thats the guy! He is an embarrassment. We all get painted with his brush. You can bet Refs remember.
Now I wanna know who you're talking about lol. I know a bunch of your crowd. Btw, is the flag waver still around? Everybody loved him.

• Haha
Now I wanna know who you're talking about lol. I know a bunch of your crowd. Btw, is the flag waver still around? Everybody loved him.
Stand at the south end of the field at the 30 of 40 yard line and you will hear him lol. He is very ignoring and rude with his yelling. Not taking up for him but he is not a bad person just a over zealous fan who expresses his emotions in the wrong way. His friends that sit with him try to calm him down and tell him to chill. It only works for a few plays lol. He has done some good things for some players and is very supportive of the team . Just need to find a better way to direct that passion.

Stand at the south end of the field at the 30 of 40 yard line and you will hear him lol. He is very ignoring and rude with his yelling. Not taking up for him but he is not a bad person just a over zealous fan who expresses his emotions in the wrong way. His friends that sit with him try to calm him down and tell him to chill. It only works for a few plays lol. He has done some good things for some players and is very supportive of the team . Just need to find a better way to direct that passion.
I'll never question his support of the team. And I actually agree with a lot of what he has said on topics outside of football. But when he is at games he is completely intolerable.

Last edited:
Oh I’m sure. May even have some more guys playing varsity this week
Very possible. Based on what I've seen from perquimans this year, I think our second and third string will get plenty of playing time in the second half. This will be the first game I miss this season due to work, and I don't think I'll be missing much lol. Tarboro should win their next three games by a running clock if I'm being honest. Riverside intrigues me though

Very possible. Based on what I've seen from perquimans this year, I think our second and third string will get plenty of playing time in the second half. This will be the first game I miss this season due to work, and I don't think I'll be missing much lol. Tarboro should win their next three games by a running clock if I'm being honest. Riverside intrigues me though
Yea, I’m not going to make tomorrow either. Hate to not support the boys, but I don’t think they’ll have much trouble

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT