ADVERTISEMENT

SWE 4-3 @ Ayden-Grifton 3-4

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
Would not have thought this would be an interesting game at the start of the season. Predicted conference winner SWE sits in 5th place currently, while predicted last place finisher sits in first. SWE has lost 3 of 4 after starting 3-0, while AG has won 3 of 5 after starting 0-3. Basically, everything is in reverse when comparing the two teams. I know AG is playing well right now. They even beat a North Pitt team we lost to after having a two td halftime lead. But I just can't see SWE losing to them. If we do, I'm just gonna stick a fork in our relevancy for this year. But I'm not fool...Im not taking AG lightly. They are playing well at the right time.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Been to many, many high school sporting events all over Eastern NC, but this is my first attending anything at AG, even though it's in a neighboring county.
AG ball at own 35.

Turnover on downs at the AG 28. Run up the middle on 4th and 6 was the call.

Almost had them off the field in 3rd and long, but our defender tried to hit stick instead of wrapping the offensive player up. Kids today wanna be a highlight so bad.

End of 1st. AG ball at SWE 15.
I think they figured out they can kill us with short passes. That's all they're doing now. And it's working.

17 yd td pass. Our defender was clearly holding their tight end in the end zone, and he still caught it with one arm. Missed XP.
AG 13 SWE 7

Halftime
SWE 7 7 = 14
AG 7 14 = 21

AG has figured something out in this game and for their season. They lost close games early on, but are now winning close games. Seeing them in person and I see a pretty decent team. I'm no longer surprised about the victories they have accumulated recently.

AG ball at own 34.
SWE needs to play defense. Idk what has happened on that side of the ball.

SWE finally got a stop on defense, and did absolutely nothing with the ball. 3 and out, punt to own 40.

AG 3 and out, punts, downed at the SWE 2. For some reason, we had no one back to receive, so it was easy for AG to down it wherever they wanted to.

Starting at own 2, SWE has now moved the ball to the AG 15. 4:30 remaining.

AG runs out the clock, and the unthinkable happened. We lost to Ayden freaking Grifton 😂. I'm so embarrassed.

Last edited:
Our rpi just took a huge hit. We're not making the playoffs. We'll be 4-6 and last in the conference. Maybe that'll finally be enough to get a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT