ADVERTISEMENT

Swain @ Murphy

GreyGod623

Nov 24, 2012
This is normally one of the biggest games of the year but Swain has underperformed this season. Will the Maroon Devils turn it around and prove you can throw records out the window in this series or will the Bulldogs walk away with this one? I personally think Swain struggles offensively against the Murphy defense and does ok defensively. Murphy 28-7.

This is normally one of the biggest games of the year but Swain has underperformed this season. Will the Maroon Devils turn it around and prove you can throw records out the window in this series or will the Bulldogs walk away with this one? I personally think Swain struggles offensively against the Murphy defense and does ok defensively. Murphy 28-7.
Hope the Devils can keep it respectable and show they have some fight. Hearing thru the grape vine more players have quit. Idk if that is a reflection of coaching or raising, think it is probably a combination of both.

After watching Andrews play Swain this is my observation. Swain line is big and strong on both sides. Strong linebackers also. I just didn’t understand why in the world they were running a spread offense. The backfield is super small but #6 has break away speed and is capable of taking to the house. I’m not knocking Coach Holt, he seems like a very nice man but why would you not use a power run game with that size of line. I’m afraid after the 2 last 2 losses he has probably lost his team. I guess we will see tonight

After watching Andrews play Swain this is my observation. Swain line is big and strong on both sides. Strong linebackers also. I just didn’t understand why in the world they were running a spread offense. The backfield is super small but #6 has break away speed and is capable of taking to the house. I’m not knocking Coach Holt, he seems like a very nice man but why would you not use a power run game with that size of line. I’m afraid after the 2 last 2 losses he has probably lost his team. I guess we will see tonight
None of us understand why we are trying to run a spread offense either. I agree, with the players that we have on our team we are suited for split back veer, because we are definitely not a spread offense. I think that our offense can help our defense, as most people know if you have the ball on offense, the other team's offense is not on the field. All the coaches that I had are no longer on staff, so I can't say anything about this coaching staff, but we sure have a lot of players quitting for everything to be ok.

None of us understand why we are trying to run a spread offense either. I agree, with the players that we have on our team we are suited for split back veer, because we are definitely not a spread offense. I think that our offense can help our defense, as most people know if you have the ball on offense, the other team's offense is not on the field. All the coaches that I had are no longer on staff, so I can't say anything about this coaching staff, but we sure have a lot of players quitting for everything to be ok.
From the outside looking in it seems we have a bunch of inexperienced coaches who were good players in their respective eras. I am no longer in Bryson City but talk to my family regularly there and it seems the community no longer cares for football, if this type of season would have happened to previous staffs there would be a mob waiting for them outside the locker room. I am hoping they broadcast the game tonight so use out of towners can watch! Go big Maroon!

I'm sure Murphy looking for payback from last year as swain didn't let up. Swain also loss thier best player on both side of the ball so this game will be Ugly with a running clock.

Reactions: Bobert253
Swains best chance to get a win would've been against Madison I have no idea why they're so bad this year, tough schedule but still

Very surprised too see the Maroon Devils struggling this season!! These games with Murphy and Swain are always fun to watch!! I still remember the 1993 game Matt Neal and Lamont Kinkaid I think that's his name having a huge game!! I remember the 1996 season they met twice both games were great

From the outside looking in it seems we have a bunch of inexperienced coaches who were good players in their respective eras. I am no longer in Bryson City but talk to my family regularly there and it seems the community no longer cares for football, if this type of season would have happened to previous staffs there would be a mob waiting for them outside the locker room. I am hoping they broadcast the game tonight so use out of towners can watch! Go big Maroon!
The outsiders that have moved in down there don't particularly care for Football and it almost like the community doesn't get into it anymore!! Whenever you faced Swain you faced the whole town, community ultimate home field advantage for years very intimidating place to play!!

I’ll start by saying I’m glad Murphy won. The Dogs are one step closer to a conference title and possible home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Those are good things…,great things!

Having said that, the officiating sucked yet again! That particular crew is awful and they screw Murphy every chance they get, whether it’s a varsity game or a JV game. If I was Watson I would talk to whoever I needed to talk to just to make sure that crew doesn’t do anymore of my games. They are terrible and it can’t be said enough times. They made sure Murphy was never gonna pull away and put Swain out of the game early. The Dogs didn’t play particularly well and have a lot to clean up if they plan on making a deep playoff run, but the officials were certainly a huge part of why Murphy looked so ragged last night. Hard to get into a good rhythm when a flag is constantly coming out negating everything you do. But anyway, way to go Dogs! Get it cleaned up and win the whole thing! As for those officials, they can go take a long walk off a short pier!

Last edited:
I’ll start by saying I’m glad Murphy won. The Dogs are one step closer to a conference title and possible home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Those are good things…,great things!

Having said that, the officiating sucked yet again! That particular crew is awful and they screw Murphy every chance they get, whether it’s a varsity game or a JV game. If I was Watson I would talk to whoever I needed to talk to just to make sure that crew doesn’t do anymore of my games. They are terrible and it can’t be said enough times. They made sure Murphy was never gonna pull away and put Swain out of the game early. The Dogs didn’t play particularly well and have a lot to clean up if they plan on making a deep playoff run, but the officials were certainly a huge part of why Murphy looked so ragged last night. Hard to get into a good rhythm when a flag is constantly coming out negating everything you do. But anyway, way to go Dogs! Get it cleaned up and win the whole thing! As for those officials, they can go take a long walk off a short pier!
They want get home field throughout!

Agreed I believe they can go as far as the 3rd round at least I hope!! Just wanna see the SMC get at least 1 or 2 teams to the 3rd or 4th Round that has seemingly been the standard

The key word in Noles post was "possible", when it comes to home field advantage.... Feathers get ruffled awful easy nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT