ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Hall of Fame 2015 inductees

OldMaroonDevil

Oct 21, 2012
This is worth posting both for Coach White, who had two state championships ('01 and '04), but also for Jim Sneed, who owned two of Bryson City's iconic restaurants, Sneed's and (most importantly for this post) Na-Bers, the universal hangout of Swain High students for decades (and it may still be, even though it's been under different ownership for at least a decade now). Mr. Sneed was a fixture in Swain County for many years, and one of the downsides of Christmas break was that that was when he took HIS vacation and closed Na-Bers up for the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.

And we can't leave the '08 girls' volleyball team out either... they were apparently a dominating force in their day too.

Congratulations, and honors, to all.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/.../28/swain-hall-fame-class-announced/72960802/

Swain's Hall of fame building is first class! I also enjoy eating at Nabor's win visiting friends and family in Bryson City.

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
Are we still having the SMC picks contest this week OMD?

Last edited:
This is worth posting both for Coach White, who had two state championships ('01 and '04), but also for Jim Sneed, who owned two of Bryson City's iconic restaurants, Sneed's and (most importantly for this post) Na-Bers, the universal hangout of Swain High students for decades (and it may still be, even though it's been under different ownership for at least a decade now). Mr. Sneed was a fixture in Swain County for many years, and one of the downsides of Christmas break was that that was when he took HIS vacation and closed Na-Bers up for the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.

And we can't leave the '08 girls' volleyball team out either... they were apparently a dominating force in their day too.

Congratulations, and honors, to all.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/.../28/swain-hall-fame-class-announced/72960802/
I *LOVED* Na-Bers when I was little (early/mid 70s). Whenever we were over visiting, I begged/pleaded for my cousins to take me there. :)

Reactions: OldMaroonDevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT