ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount

I was told visitors bleachers will be installed on September 6th (the first home varsity football game vs Forbush).

The opponents will have to sit on the home side for the first two home JV football games.
I’m so glad they won’t miss any games that’s awesome for the kids

In 10 years is the schools gonna have 1.2 million to replace these fields and the money to fix the tracks again? Grass is way cheaper than 120k a year. Also we never know what’s gonna happen financially over the next 10 years the turf could be way more expensive and then are we gonna have the money to go back to grass.

And we know they won't get the money to replace them from the state in 10 years.

Reactions: fitguync30
I was told visitors bleachers will be installed on September 6th (the first home varsity football game vs Forbush).

The opponents will have to sit on the home side for the first two home JV football games.
There is plenty of room on the home side.

Starmount is looking for an opponent for the off week of Oct 11 since North Iredell refused to play the Rams on Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday due to weather on Friday.

We have a couple of possibilities in the Durham area but it’s wait and see.

Too much moving probably, but I would like if Swain could play Hayesville this week instead of their 10/11 game. Hayesville has a second game against Andrews and the first of two is this week, and Starmount play Hayesville on 10/11. It would leave Andrews without a 10th game, but wouldn't be playing the same conference team twice. They might be able to pick up a TN or GA team. Wishful thinking. Andrews had a bye this week, could have played Andrews after NI refused. Might be to late for that now though.

Too much moving probably, but I would like if Swain could play Hayesville this week instead of their 10/11 game. Hayesville has a second game against Andrews and the first of two is this week, and Starmount play Hayesville on 10/11. It would leave Andrews without a 10th game, but wouldn't be playing the same conference team twice. They might be able to pick up a TN or GA team. Wishful thinking. Andrews had a bye this week, could have played Andrews after NI refused. Might be to late for that now though.
Not a bad idea. Just a couple of problems as I see it. Andrews could never find someone to schedule on this short a notice. If they couldn't it would give them consecutive bye weeks. In another post I saw were Swain's QB was hurt and expected to be out 4-6 weeks. He might be back for the 10/11 game. Either way I bet the Devils don't want to play a conference game with a QB making his first start.

Starmount is looking for an opponent for the off week of Oct 11 since North Iredell refused to play the Rams on Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday due to weather on Friday.

We have a couple of possibilities in the Durham area but it’s wait and see.
Deana, check with Galax or Graham. It doesn't look like they have a game on the 11th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT