ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount vs North Iredell

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
Bringing back the old School match up. North Iredell was about the only team that could beat Starmount in the regular season back in the 80s and 90s under BW Holt This could be a very interesting match up

It’s kind of ironic that we are now dedicating the stadium after Coach Holt against North Iredell. His first game at Starmount was against the Raiders and ended up a 0-0 tie.

It’s going to be a huge evening in Ram Country with lots of former coaches, players, and alumni coming in plus several of Coach Holt’s friends from all parts.

I saw South Iredell play at North at last night. North look to have some good size players. Mainly running game. Not much passing. Not sure how N. Iredell will stack up against Starmount. But it will be interesting of a game I’m sure. North brought a big crowd out for the game last night. Not sure how they will travel for Starmount game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doppleganger#
Starmount will pickup win #2 of the year against my (class of 1969) North Iredell come this Friday night.
North Iredell is trying to be competitive in football but this is a really, really rural school with a next to nothing feeder system.

Enjoy your special night next Friday night.

Reactions: MA STUD and sbbbfan
Here is the competitive series between the Raiders and Rams. Charles Love was a very good football coach for North and we had some great battles between his teams and BW's.

N. IREDELL (8-7-2)
1967:
25-0 - won
1969: 35-6 - won
1970:
13-6 - won
1979: 0-0 - tie
1980: 28-14 - won
1981: 24-22 - won
1982: 0-0 - tie
1983: 7-28 - lost
1984: 6-30 - lost
1985: 24-7 - won
1986: 12-20 - lost
1987: 7-10 - lost
1988: 31-26 - won
1989: 13-28 - lost
1990: 0-12 - lost
1994: 26-12 - won
1995: 0-21 – lost

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Starmount will pickup win #2 of the year against my (class of 1969) North Iredell come this Friday night.
North Iredell is trying to be competitive in football but this is a really, really rural school with a next to nothing feeder system.

Enjoy your special night next Friday night.
Redistricting the School zones abouth 25 years ago killed North Iredell program. Most of their good athletes came from East Statesville about 20 to 25 minutes from the school

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Redistricting the School zones abouth 25 years ago killed North Iredell program. Most of their good athletes came from East Statesville about 20 to 25 minutes from the school
You are correct. I was from Cool Springs just over 25 miles to North Iredell. I lived much closer to Davie County, West Rowan, South Iredell and Statesville High Schools.

North is big up front, should be a very good test for this impressive starmount line. Every team in America can only be so good without the big boys up front doing their job!

Reactions: Slasher Killer
When is the video board gonna be installed? Someone said that it's bigger than the one at Mt Airy. Is that true?

• Haha
Reactions: MA STUD
Yes it’s all digital. The company that did the videoboard is the one that did boards at Times Square in NYC.

It should be all up next week for the JV game against Forbush.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Yes it’s all digital. The company that did the videoboard at Times Square in NYC is who we got it from.

It should be all up next week for the JV game against Forbush.
I had thought that it was gonna be bigger. Heard from pretty good sources that it was like 2 foot wider than Mt Airy's and taller or something like that

• Haha
Reactions: MA STUD
I had thought that it was gonna be bigger. Heard from pretty good sources that it was like 2 foot wider than Mt Airy's and taller or something like that
It very well could be I had just heard that it was like the one Elkin had. But if it is more power to them. That'll be a beautiful screen

Reactions: sbbbfan and NCBBFB
It very well could be I had just heard that it was like the one Elkin had. But if it is more power to them. That'll be a beautiful screen
It will definitely be better than what we've had lol. Hope you can come out and catch a game or two this year.

Netflix Glassblowing GIF by Blown Away
Sports Stadium Dogs GIF by Puppy Bowl
russian bear GIF

Reactions: Bearfan71
Hope the new scoreboard brings a lot of added excitement. They have needed a new scoreboard for a long time.

STARMOUNT 32 – NORTH IREDELL 29

1st – ST - Kinston Crater 5 yard run (Jovany Maya kick)

1st – NI – 7 yard run (kick good)

2nd – NI – 18 yard pass (kick good)

2nd – ST – Crater 21 yard run (Maya kick)

2nd – ST – KJ Allen 58 yard pass from Luke Collins (kick failed)

3rd – NI – Blocked punt return (kick good)

3rd – ST – Jymir Billips 3 yard run (pass failed)

4th – NI – 1 yard run (pass good)

4th – ST – Jadon Hurt-Bailey 25 yard pass from Crater (kick failed)

STARMOUNT

Rushing: Crater 23-112; Billips 6-43; Collins 9-35; AJ Pardue 6-22; Cody Hernandez 1-6; Allen 2-(-5); TOTALS: 47-213

Passing: Collins 10 of 20 for 161 yards; Crater 1 of 2 for 25 yards; TOTALS: 11 of 22 for 186 yards

Receiving: Allen 3-82; Hurt-Bailey 3-46; Pardue 3-24; Crater 1-22; Timothy Boles 1-8

TOTAL YARDS: 399 yards

NORTH IREDELL

Rushing: 33-201

Passing: 6 of 14 for 84 yards

TOTAL YARDS: 285 yards

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT